Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Crim122
123 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Crim122 »

hello all

My name is Jacob Crim, I am 20 and I live in Charlotte, NC.

I live with my girlfriend, and I work at the hospital scanning the medical records into the electronic system.

With my freetime I obviously enjoy watching movies, and I also love playing basketball and video games on occasion (Half Life and Half Life 2 are what I usually play lol)

I am a big music guy too, I love REAL hip hop from Beastie boys to Little Brother, but I enjoy all genres.

Thats it I guess!

joseywales
4142 Ratings

Post by joseywales »

o hi there dudes!

First, a shout out to ldsix: Cześć, miło cię widzieć. Jak się masz? (apologies for grammar, I'm still learning)

As for me, I'm C. 30 years old, German/Canadian currently living in the always exciting Canadian prairies. I work evenings as a bartender and a waiter, by night I watch film and try to be yet another screenwriter (currently working on a James Bond spoof centered around a Vietnamese friend of mine.) I'm a Gemini/Horse so I don't stay in one place too long and am always keeping an eye out for possible escape routes. I had a 20-page Zombie Contingency Plan but I replaced it with an audiobook version of the Zombie Survival Guide (listening to this on long road trips through Idaho can be terrifying... or maybe it was just being in Idaho that did it. Either way, I'm ready for Z-Day!)

I fell in love with cinema in the mid 80's when my Grandpa and I would rent every action/horror/comedy/sci-fi film we could find at local video shops. To this day, "Big Trouble in Little China" (1986) is still my favourite film, it's almost an obsession actually. I tend to watch film in thematic binges, ie: last month I watched 25 Charles Bronson flicks, this month I watched every Bond flick I hadn't already seen and October is always horror movie month, etc. Since I've turned 30 I've noticed my tastes changing (sometimes drastically) but I still love the same films I always did -- I just don't have the patience for certain things anymore (high quality marijuana is a good patience-aid, though!)

My second love is music and my tastes are changing there, too. Hip Hop is always #1 for me, then Electronic, Jazz and anything else with a very distinct sound (Tom Waits is my favourite musician). Recently, though, I've been listening to some old country (Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams) and some old favourites from the 70's like: The Band, The Grateful Dead, CCR, Bowie, Bob Dylan and the Allman Brothers.

Well, that's long enough. Here I am (I think I had a mouthful of beer when this was taken at Pemberton last year):

Kusanagi
1652 Ratings

Post by Kusanagi »

Hi. Just joined. Nice to know there's a good film community online. Well, see ya.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Hi guys! Welcome to Criticker, I hope you enjoy it here. :)

kyvetti
3289 Ratings

Post by kyvetti »

Hello, rather new face who has been looking for a movie site with compatibility/recommendation system for a while...

I am 30ish casual movie fan whose aim in life is to become Waldo Lydecker (well, maybe not the shotgun part). I like my movies big and unreal, cruel silver screen goddesses who when not properly worshipped will rain fire and ashes over our palm trees. I enjoy classic Hollywood and German silent era with a side order of some animations, horror and assorted trash (anything describable as lurid="likely to be enjoyable"). Not so big on modern films though.

I am also a bit picky on ratings, I haven't rated that many actually bad films so my tiers and TSIs are a bit off...

iceblox
3620 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

kyvetti wrote:I am 30ish casual movie fan whose aim in life is to become Waldo Lydecker (well, maybe not the shotgun part).

Waldo Lydecker rocks! The only person in the world who would have played that better than Clifton Webb is of course, Charles Laughton, especially since the character in Vera Caspary's original novel is obese.

Welcome to Criticker, BTW!

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Hey there! :)

RonPrice
7 Ratings

Post by RonPrice »

I've written dozens of movie reviews in cyberspace; I'll post a few at this site.-Ron
-------------------------------------------------------

1. EMPLOYMENT & SOCIAL ROLES: 1943-2014

2009-2014-retired and on an old-age pension
1999-2009-Writer/Poet/Retired Teacher: George Town Tasmania
2002-2005-Program Presenter, City Park Radio, Launceston
1999-2004-Tutor and/or President: George Town School for Seniors Inc
---ABOVE THIS LINE ARE MY YEARS OF RETIREMENT FROM FT PAID-EMPLOYMENT------------------------------
1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies and Human Services West Australian Department of Training
1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies and Co-ordinator of Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland, WA.
1982-1985 -Adult Educator, Open College of Tafe, Katherine, NT
1981 -Maintenance Scheduler, Renison Bell, Zeehan, Tasmania
1980-Unemployed: Bi-Polar Disability
1979 -Editor, External Studies Unit, Tasmanian CAE; Youth Worker, Resource Centre Association, Launceston;
Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour, Tasmanian CAE; Radio Journalist ABC, Launceston
1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities, Ballarat CAE, Ballarat
1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies, Whitehorse Technical College, Box Hill, Victoria
1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies, Tasmanian CAE, Launceston
1972-1973 -High School Teacher, South Australian Education Department
1971 Primary School Teacher, Whyalla SA, Australia
-------ABOVE THIS LINE ARE MY YEARS LIVING IN AUSTRALIA; BELOW: MY YEARS IN CANADA---------------------
1969-1971 Primary School Teacher, Prince Edward County Board of Education, Picton, Ontario, Canada
1969 Systems Analyst, Bad Boy Co. Ltd., Toronto Ontario
1967-68 -Community Teacher, Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development, Frobisher Bay(Iqaluit), NWT, Canada
1959-67 -Summer jobs from grade 9 to end of university
1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in Canada: McMaster Uni:1963-1966, Windsor T’s College: 1966/7.
1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around Hamilton Ontario.

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA(as of: 2009)

I have been married for 41 years. My wife is a Tasmanian, aged 60. We’ve had 3 children: ages in 2009-42, 38 and 31. I am 64, a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written 3 books--all available on the internet. I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, from part-time teaching in 2003 and from volunteer/casual teaching/work in 2005 after 35 years in classrooms. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 50 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 225 lbs, eyes-brown, hair-grey, Caucasian. See my website for more details at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/ or go the google search engine and type: RonPrice, Pioneering RonPrice, RonPrice Poetry, RonPrice Bahá’í, RonPrice History,(philosophy, religion, media studies, politics, among many other subjects for additional writings.
Last edited by RonPrice on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

i thought i'd finally post a picture of myself, cause lots of the other people that frequent the forums already have. i had to go through great lengths to get this bad boy because personally i dont keep pictures of myself and i dont use facebook or myspace and dont even know how to get a picture on a computer. so i stole this off my girlfriend's facebook.

screw it--i still cant figure it out, but i'll just leave this so i dont have to rewrite it when i finally do figure it out. i'll write some sort of bio or intro or something as soon as i figure out the picture thing.
Last edited by Luna6ix on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrsEmmaPeel
2439 Ratings

Post by MrsEmmaPeel »

I'm Mrs. Peel, my name is from the oh so excellent British spy show (not movie) The Avengers, starring the oh so glorious Diana Rigg. I am twenty years old and have been a film enthusiast since I was about fourteen years old when I discovered my library had an enormous collection of classic films that I was aching to discover. Back tracking even further, I was reared on the likes of classic MGM musicals and the films of Powell & Pressburger, which inspired me very early to seek out films from the "Golden Age of Hollywood".

I've since branched out and am seeing a bit of everything, I still lean on my Hollywood cinema, but also love French film especially. Over the past few years I've been trying to see a bit of everything, while also trying to run through most canonical films I can get a hand on.

I try to see the good in every film I see, and don't find much pleasure on harping on film's faults, though it is an equally valuable experience. I take a lot of pleasure in writing and thinking about the films I watch, though sometimes I lack the inspiration to really sit down and make them coherent. I watch and write about films to better understand myself and the world I live in. I see creating art in very much the same way, an opportunity to better clarify my own self-image and perception of my extremely malleable existence.

I don't know what I want to do with my life and don't know what else to say about myself.