Introducing TV Episodes to Criticker

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
mpowell
1200 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Introducing TV Episodes to Criticker

Post by mpowell »

Happy March, 2021, everyone! We're kicking off the month with a great new feature. and it's one that people have been requesting for quite some time: the introduction of individual TV Episodes to Criticker!

From now on, you can add individual episodes to any TV Series at Criticker. You can filter by season, and see the episodes which are best-rated by you, and by the community at large.

Also, we've made the submission form super-easy to use ... some notes:

1. Any episode needs to have a TV Series attached to it.
2. You can optionally include the Season and Episode
3. Images are NOT required for episodes -- if you don't include one, the episode will use the series' poster
4. To quickly add multiple episodes, just click the "Add Another" link after submitting one, and it will pre-fill fields in the submission form.

Every episode will include links back to its series, and every TV series with episodes will link to the "Episode Guide".

As always, with a change this big, we expect there might be some errors or problems we weren't anticipating... if so, just let us know! And if you like this change, please consider supporting the site! We're only able to continue working on Criticker thanks to our awesome sponsors!

Victoriouz
11548 Ratings

Re: Introducing TV Episodes to Criticker

Post by Victoriouz »

My only worry is that I have watched almost 20k episodes and I'll end up with no TCIs

EDIT:
1. Not sure if it's intended but it's not possible to add episodes do miniseries

"An error was detected in your submission.

Message: https://www.criticker.com/tv/A-Very-English-Scandal/ doesn't appear to be a TV series"

2. American Horror Story has all seasons listed separately
https://www.criticker.com/films?filter=e51952
should the episodes be added on series level (https://www.criticker.com/tv/American-Horror-Story/)?

BillyShears
5493 Ratings

Post by BillyShears »

Add books and albums :twisted:

Bunyas
1983 Ratings

Post by Bunyas »

Tv Series should be added per season (not per episode) and ranked accordingly.. Per Episode ranking could be troublesome and unmanageable easily, after ranking more and more episodes in a short time period..

iconogassed
7280 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Bunyas wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:38 pm
Per Episode ranking could be troublesome and unmanageable easily, after ranking more and more episodes in a short time period..
You might also consider, y'know, not ranking many episodes in a short time period.

iconogassed
7280 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

- Should we be reporting series that still have their individual episodes listed as entries in the franchise rather than episodes of the show? Like The Twilight Zone (2019)

- When submitting an episode, if you have to 'go back' before submitting, the textboxes for main series URL and season/episode # are blank again. If possible, it would be nice if these were remembered like the other fields.

- Are the main series and individual episode's collection affiliation completely separate? As in adding/removing an episode to a collection will never affect the main series and vice-versa?

Ceekay19
818 Ratings

Post by Ceekay19 »

While I also would have prefered rating seasons to episodes, this could propably be the best enhancement to the site since I've become a member! Great to finally see this feature taking form.

One quick note though: Do I understand it right that it only works for TV series, not miniseries? If so, whats the reasoning? Also it would, in my opinion, make sense to automatically calculate the average of all episodes rated, either per season or per show (Or both?).

djross
5316 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Midaso
7414 Ratings

Post by Midaso »

I tried to add Framing Britney Spears a while back, had no idea it was a TV episode. Maybe I can try again in a few days

mannaz230
1810 Ratings

Post by mannaz230 »

Would it be possible to get ratings for seasons too? There's already in place a new season page where the episodes are listed; it could just go there.

Seeing as episode ratings are the most granular and they've already been implemented, I don't think it would do any harm.