Rating actors & directors

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
TheAlliance
1750 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Rating actors & directors

Post by TheAlliance »

Exactly what the title says: the possibility to rank actors and directors. And perhaps these ratings can help determining the PSI.

I submitted this idea back in 2006 already, and i guess it's still on your 'to do' list (RRRRRight? ;) ) But i was just wondering about this feature, any chance we're able to rate actors/directors soon?

And, yeah..
What do other people think about a feature like this? I don't think there is any other website that allows you to do this?

- Ben

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Re: Rating actors & directors

Post by Pickpocket »

Doesn't this already exist kinda? When you rate a movie with Tom Cruise in it that number gets factored in to the overall ranking of him. I don't really care about rating his personality or religious views or who he's dating or whatever else.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Sorry, but I think it's pointless, and giving a person a score out of 100 is...well...pretty damn low. I wouldn't mind a simple "Like them"/"Hate them" option, but apart from that I don't see there being a need for it.

Pickpocket wrote:Doesn't this already exist kinda? When you rate a movie with Tom Cruise in it that number gets factored in to the overall ranking of him. I don't really care about rating his personality or religious views or who he's dating or whatever else.

Yeah...but that's just an average score determined by his film's you have ranked.

JooJoo
6023 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

Pickpocket wrote:Doesn't this already exist kinda? When you rate a movie with Tom Cruise in it that number gets factored in to the overall ranking of him. I don't really care about rating his personality or religious views or who he's dating or whatever else.

I think/hope he means rating the performance of an actor - as the system in place is just giving you the rating of a film and applys it to the actor in each film.

I don't think I could keep up with that amount of rating imo but its a decent idea.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

HorrorMaster wrote:

Yeah...but that's just an average score determined by his film's you have ranked.

Yeah...Isn't that what i just said? I don't want to rank performances - that should factor into the rating of the film.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I think you guys are kinda missing the point (although maybe I am). The point would be that you can rank a director high, for instance, and your PSI of all the directors movies would be altered slightly by this fact. There are several actors and directors that are dear to me for various reasons and I can watch them in whatever crap and still enjoy it slightly, so I get what would be good about it.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

The films of the directors or actors I like have already been given high rankings by me so I think they are already favoured in my PSI list, aren't they? I don't think giving points to a person can be meaningful but there could be an "average score" for directors or actors for each Criticker user and these scores also can show "the most liked director/actor by Criticker users" kind of things.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Pickpocket wrote:
HorrorMaster wrote:

Yeah...Isn't that what i just said? I don't want to rank performances - that should factor into the rating of the film.

I assumed OP meant an ability to rate actors and directors manually out of 100. It appeared to me you were saying this option already existed in the form of ranking each actor/director's film and receiving an average rank score for that given person, which appeared to be an incorrect statement. I guess I misunderstood, no?

TheAlliance
1750 Ratings

Post by TheAlliance »

I thought since everyone has favourite actors and directors we should have the ability to show others our top 10/25/50 lists similar to the movielist. So yes, rating them from 0-100 based on how good you think he is - based on his/her average performance, or his performances in his/her 'golden' period in Hollywood or outside. (Doesn't really matter)

It doesn't really need to be 'connected' with the PSI, it can be a separate thing. But If you connect it with the PSI it probably gives more accurate Probable Score (PSI). I know if someone performed fantastic in a certain movie and you're sortof a 'fan' of this actor, the probably score is probably a little bit higher, right? Well, you get the point.

I guess it's more of a big moviefan thing, not really crucial. But perhaps it's more useful than i can imagine right now...

- Ben

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

TheAlliance wrote:It doesn't really need to be 'connected' with the PSI, it can be a separate thing. But If you connect it with the PSI it probably gives more accurate Probable Score (PSI). I know if someone performed fantastic in a certain movie and you're sortof a 'fan' of this actor, the probably score is probably a little bit higher, right? Well, you get the point.

Mmm, I didn't even really think of the PSI aspect until others started mentioning it. Now that you put it this way...I'm actually not that opposed, and I guess it would be interesting to be able to rank people. I think that it would be at least a handy tool for those who want to use it, and those who don't don't have to. Still think /100 would be a bit low (although I'll be able to give Seth Rogen a cold hard 0 which I'm already pleased with), but if that's how it has to be then it's how it has to be and it's not really that much of an issue. :)