Turkey

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
paulofilmo
2428 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Turkey

Post by paulofilmo »

An unlikely large proportion of my Kumpels seem to be Turkish.

Do you know if Criticker has a large Turkish following, or do I just have a similar film preference to many Turkish people?

:?:

paul.

vincente
394 Ratings

Re: Turkey

Post by vincente »

We do have a rather large number of Turkish users. Criticker must have been featured on a Turkish site or something.

Katya
2097 Ratings

Post by Katya »

Actually Criticker is indeed featured on a cinema related turkish web site. I noticed the site there and then I became a member.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Darn't. I must admit: I was hoping I had a weird and improbable connection to Turkish idiosyncrasy. :D

Spunkie
5483 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

I already told it on another topic, we followed our way from a long living forum. Some are not even using the forum anymore but still uses criticker actively (can be said for myself also). Even though you won't understand the language if you barge a little through the place you'll notice there is a large database of discussions and information on the place. A few portion of them are my friends in real, but not much of the Turkish community I have a similar taste, at least nothing noticably different than any other country I noticed here.

But there is another thing our sub community effects in criticker, as well as classics, there are abundant movies that most of us watched through interaction and synergy for years. So this probably makes some of the rare, unknown movies with more than likely number of rankings for a random crowd. Criticker in itself works the same way, I found out many movies and directors I wouldn't encounter (the latest being Ken Ichikawa :) ).

As for you Paulo, there are movies that we all know and watched in Turkish cinema that aren't normally watched by cinema going crowd...like those Zeki Demirkubuz movies only a cinephile will bother with, so your prediction may be worth checking out ;).

http://www.sinemafanatik.com/yabbse/index.php

Our admin hasn't been updating the main site for years now and hasn't even been heard of since then. But the forum lives on.

http://www.sinemafanatik.com/yabbse/ind ... ;start=405

Last noticed number of us on criticker is 38(which is only a small portion of the forum).

elmakebabi
5060 Ratings

Post by elmakebabi »

It may be because, that the people from Turkey much more keen on art of cinema! Yes, i came from Turkey, too. :P

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

mmmmmmm turkey

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

This thread's a few months shy of a year old. No matter; it's timely with Spunkie's return. I don't know why I didn't reply to that comment - how rude, I'm sorry.

Anywho, seems a good place to put Quarkbase's criticker demographics stats.

That's Iran hiding fourth from't bottom. I'm sure I count for most of the UK's page views.

Spunkie wrote:As for you Paulo, there are movies that we all know and watched in Turkish cinema that aren't normally watched by cinema going crowd...like those Zeki Demirkubuz movies only a cinephile will bother with, so your prediction may be worth checking out ;).

I've 'remembered' 10 films from Turkey. I'll jump at the chance to watch them, I think Bes Vakit being the only one so far.
Last edited by paulofilmo on Mon May 25, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

That explains the presence of so many middle-eastern films you would otherwise never hear of on Criticker.

prowler
941 Ratings

Post by prowler »

Iran? wtf