Let's talk Star Wars

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
tef
1361 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Let's talk Star Wars

Post by tef »

Okay, I'll bite. The second first three were too bad to talk about.

The original three films:
Pros-
Lightsabers.
Obi-Wan is cool.
Leia in a bikini.

Cons-
Everything else.

All that dark father stuff. All the bits and pieces of religion and mythology...I wasn't impressed. I saw the movie much later than most Americans do, I was around seventeen. I found the dialogue hokey and uninteresting. Of everything I was most impressed by the technical side, the special effects. Contrary to others in the thread I did not see Empire as the best in the series, but actually A New Hope. This is probably because I liked the original Obi-Wan. Once he died I had no further interest in the rest of New Hope or the other two films.

I don't view Star Wars as pretentious, but I can't see what it is aiming at. If it's just a simple battle between good and evil...I don't know why it doesn't appeal to me. I'm usually all for that. (Count of Monte Cristo...even tripe like The Transformers, the first and second Spider-Man movies...) If I'm supposed to be impressed by the interplay between Luke and Darth, or the incestuous feelings of Luke and Leia, well, I'm sorry. I'm not. I don't find either set believable.

Spunkie
5483 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

You people are corrupted to the cybernetic implants, that's why I love this forum :mrgreen:

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

ayall wrote:Radical - STOP TROLLING ME!!!!

You have nothing to add in life. KYS.

You fail.

Fuck off.

Trolling you? LOL, that reminded me of something.

He's one hell of an actor, definitely better than Hayden Christensen.^

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Pickpocket wrote:
paulofilmo wrote:I found just the video for this thread. I dedicate the personal pronoun (you) to Pickpocket.

Voting for this for MOM - July

no need. the perfect analysis has already been composed.

I Foody wrote:I like the keyboard cat videos where they show the cat briefly before tragedy arrives. It sort of changes the whole meaning behind the keyboard cat videos. Instead of just celebrating human tragedy it seems as though the keyboard cat anticipates it, like he's this omniscient trickster just looking on, aloof and smug, as people wander unwittingly towards misfortune. It's as though all of life that came prior to an accident was just an elaborate trap, bait meant to draw fools towards an accident and humiliation and having finally caught his prey the keyboard cat celebrates joyously. Aha! we think, so that's the trick, fortune and misfortune are all the same in the end, distinguished only by whether it is happening to us or to another, and by whether we can hear the song of the keyboard cat, pounding out a tune looking down on us, the fools below.

omgfridge
2796 Ratings

Post by omgfridge »

Jeb wrote:Bad taste eh? Says the guy who rated X-Men Origins: Wolverine a solid 89. Says the guy who rated Elf an 85. Says the guy who also rated freakin' PATCH ADAMS a fucking 85! I could go on for days.

wow

joseywales
4142 Ratings

Post by joseywales »

Hahahahahahahahahha I see a "fellow screen writer" that needs some grammar lessons!

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

ayall wrote:well fuck me for trying to talk about movies at a movie website forum.

who woulda thought the majority of you are a bunch of dipshits with no idea how to communicate in an intellectual format??

self'd for starting this thread, since most of you dipshits clearly can't debate, just bitch.

i'm done with this place, no more forum... just TCI/PSI, and i doubt anyone one on this forum will show up since you all have HORRIBLE taste considering pokemon in top tier and walktheline/slubdogmillionare bottom.

end thread.

Say hello to all your 4chan friends. Don't let them know about getting uber pwn'ed while you tried to troll this forum, because then you'll lose all the "respect" they had for you