The Expendables

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Stewball
2188 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Expendables

Post by Stewball »

Sylvester Stallone director/star action flick about a team of mercenaries who head to South America on a mission to overthrow a dictator--hopefully Hugo Chavez. I think Rambo was a lot better than most people gave it credit for. "Stallone. sensitive, dumb boxer. Nuff said", is the usual prejudiced reaction.

Also stars, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren and Eric Roberts. Opens Apr 2010.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Re: The Expendables

Post by Pickpocket »

You forgot the best part about this movie...AHNULD

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Let's not forget that it also stars Mickey Rourke as well as Randy "Captain America" Couture!! It doesn't get more American and badass than that! As one can tell, I'm seriously hyped about this film.

prowler
941 Ratings

Post by prowler »

only guy missing is van damme :( sucks that he rejected sly's offer

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

Steven Seagal is missing too. He and Sly could be the perfect couple with their meaningless faces.

tef
1361 Ratings

Post by tef »

I thought Stallone was wonderful in Rambo 1. The few minutes at the end totally turned things around for me. And Mickey Rourke as Randy Couture could be awesome. He's a real life action hero, if only because he challenges himself so much at such an advanced age, for his sport.

Jeb
2387 Ratings

Post by Jeb »

I think this will turn out to be a great movie if they get everything right. The only downside is Steve Austin :( .

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

tef wrote:And Mickey Rourke as Randy Couture could be awesome. He's a real life action hero, if only because he challenges himself so much at such an advanced age, for his sport.

This would have been the most insane statement in the world 20 years ago, but believe it or not...I think Rourke is too ugly, and has too much scar tissue to play Couture, a mixed martial arts legend in his mid forties with badly cauliflowered ears, and numerous wrinkles.

frederic_g54
3015 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

from IMDB:

Van Damme's reason for turning down the role was that he thought that there was no substance in his character.

from the guy who starred in... (cough)

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

frederic_g54 wrote:from IMDB:

Van Damme's reason for turning down the role was that he thought that there was no substance in his character.

from the guy who starred in... (cough)

So does Van Damme think he's too good for roles such as this ever since JCVD? I really liked JCVD but c'mon dude.