Takers

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
ShogunRua
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Takers

Post by ShogunRua »

frederic_g54 wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:(Nevermind that posters aren't EXACTLY the greatest method in the history of mankind of predicting future movie quality)

the names on it are, but like I said... have fun

Exactly as I predicted in my first post. Any film starring young, unknown, or un-acclaimed actors is garbage according to Freddy Boy.

And evidently, you thought "Precious" was an awful film too, seeing as how it starred master thespians like "Phat Girlz" Mo' Nique and Mariah "Glitter" Carey, and a no-name teen lead? Hell, forget awful film...if "Takers" will be the end of mankind, that one should be the end of the UNIVERSE, right?

Oh, wait...

fredericg rated "Precious" an 81, T8, and wrote

"The film benefits from fine direction and strong performances (Mo'Nique, Sidibe), yet failed to play with my heartstrings. The story is well told, unsettling at times yet tinged with an air of uncanny optimism. It's great as a whole but I expected a bit more. Daniels shows promise though as a director. This film makes me wish Radicalohank was still here..."

frederic_g54
3015 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

ShogunRua wrote:Exactly as I predicted in my first post. Isn't Freddy Boy so predicable, folks?

And evidently, you thought "Precious" was an awful film too, seeing as how it starred master thespians like "Phat Girlz" Mo' Nique and Mariah "Glitter" Carey, and a no-name teen lead? Hell, forget awful film...if "Takers" will be the end of mankind, that one should be the end of the UNIVERSE, right?

Oh, wait...

fredericg rated "Precious" an 81, T8, and wrote

"The film benefits from fine direction and strong performances (Mo'Nique, Sidibe), yet failed to play with my heartstrings. The story is well told, unsettling at times yet tinged with an air of uncanny optimism. It's great as a whole but I expected a bit more. Daniels shows promise though as a director. This film makes me wish Radicalohank was still here..."

I never saw Monique act, and you know what, she was amazing !

I gave Christensen and Walker plenty opportunities and they have yet to wow me.

and stop playing detective, it's really sad...

keep digging buddy, you're almost there
Last edited by frederic_g54 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

ShogunRua wrote:Okay, I'll bite; why is this movie supposedly going to suck?

The poster has TI, Paul Walker and Hayden Christensen on it. These obviously aren't the greatest thesbians in the world. Do the math, economics major.

ShogunRua wrote:
Exactly as I predicted in my first post. Any film starring young, unknown, or un-acclaimed actors is garbage according to Freddy Boy.

They aren't unknown dude. Try watching a movie or something and you can see how garbage those guys are.

Tripwyre
1866 Ratings

Post by Tripwyre »

That is the worst poster I have ever seen (the one-sheet, not ShogunRua).

What makes it bad: Nevermind the bad actors (Idris Elba excluded), this is criminal use of PhotoShop. Paul Walker...lol. They just pasted his face onto a black guy's body and it looks hilarious. How can anyone look at that and not laugh. I could make a better poster in half an hour, and I barely know how to use PS. I don't understand how some poster "designers" even have jobs. Who would pay someone to make something so awful? ... Oh, right. Hollywood...

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Pickpocket wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:

They aren't unknown dude. Try watching a movie or something and you can see how garbage those guys are.

Once again, Pickpocket proves he is functionally illiterate. I've once again bolded the relevant part missed.

And I already mentioned it, but I assume you thought "Precious" was dreadful because of how garbage Mo 'Nique and Mariah Carey were in their previous efforts? Moron.

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

ShogunRua wrote:
Pickpocket wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:

Once again, Pickpocket proves he is functionally illiterate. I've once again bolded the relevant part missed.

And I already mentioned it, but I assume you thought "Precious" was dreadful because of how garbage Mo 'Nique and Mariah Carey were in their previous efforts? Moron.

How am I functionally illiterate? You wrote unknown in your post you idiot. In fact it's the word right before the word you bolded. Dumbass. Quit spinning things to suit your own retarded agenda. Are you a Glenn Beck protege or something?

Melvin Smif
1132 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

Meh, not my cup of tea, and I have little faith in many of those actors. That poster is dumb.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Pickpocket wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:

How am I functionally illiterate? You wrote unknown in your post you idiot. In fact it's the word right before the word you bolded. Dumbass. Quit spinning things to suit your own retarded agenda. Are you a Glenn Beck protege or something?

Haha, I love how you keep proving your gaping stupidity with each new post. Read the passage above again, Johnny. This time you might finally get it. (Hint- The word "or" has a different meaning than "and"...)

I for one believe in you; 5 years of remedial English classes after flunking high school had to have SOME positive benefit, right?

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

ShogunRua wrote:
Pickpocket wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:

Haha, I love how you keep proving your gaping stupidity with each new post. Read the passage above again, Johnny. This time you might finally get it. (Hint- The word "or" has a different meaning than "and"...)

I for one believe in you; 5 years of remedial English classes after flunking high school had to have SOME positive benefit, right?

Or has a different meaning than and? Tell me more!!

AFlickering
3004 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

you're actually the one being retarded this time pickpocket, he's right to call you on it

but yeah a movie full of shit actors is likely to be shit so..