WOAH! The Dark Knight #1?

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

WOAH! The Dark Knight #1?

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I dont know if anyone has noticed, but as of now, The Dark Knight currently stands atop imdb's all time movies list. I know it's still early and the rating will probably drop but the votes have hit a number that is starting to make me second guess whether or not it will drop. Does it really deserve that? As for me, i honestly thought TDK was one of the better movies i've seen in a while but not quite that good compared to many other films ive seen. What do you guys think?

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Re: WOAH! The Dark Knight #1?

Post by Bojangles »

No it probably doesn't deserve it, but it's the best theater experience that I can remember, and considering that the imdb top 250 doesn't hold much weight in the first place, I don't mind it.

Spunkie
5486 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

Imdb top 250 have been long in the control of the fans. Right now it's a total fan war not getting votes for only Tdk, but also Godfather (loads of 1s and 10s for the both movies). The weirder thing is box office, Tdk already has the best first 6 days opening. How much audience Titanic was luring was not surprising at all, but considering Tdk contains hard to bear material it comes more of a surprise. Everybody that I know is getting a ticket for it for the next days to see what all the fuzz is about whether or not they are into Batman or Nolan. True power of publicity legend.

Dorkovsky
42528 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

Yeah IMDb is pretty much worthless. Whatever the latest internet favorite is tends to jump up there (No Country, TWBB) although TDK being no. 1 already (Above the Godfather and GBU) is pretty astounding.

coffee
2376 Ratings

Post by coffee »

IMDB is only good for movie and actor informations there. I don't think anyone cares about their top lists.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I honestly think that if it doesn't deserve it, it at least deserves a close second. Easily one of the best films I have ever seen, if not the best. Of course, IMDB is shit. Who cares anyway.

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

honestly i'd trust imdb's list over most other. considering how many people contributed to the list it is much more accurate in describing the best movies for the poplulation as a whole.

iceblox
3620 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

'The Dark Knight', while is a decent movie, shouldn't even be in the iMDB Top 250.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

You are a cheery lot. :D

I think we can trust the IMDb top 250 to be the IMDb top 250. If something like Aguirre was at number one, I would think there was some sort of ruse going on. 'Should's are pretty irrelevant.

If I'd seen it without knowing, I would have thought, This is so getting in the IMDb top 10, whether I thought it was the bees knees or not.