product placement

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
Jellysauce
1124 Ratings
Your TCI: na

product placement

Post by Jellysauce »

http://www.criticker.com/?fl&coll=5745

i made a collection for all movies with product placement in them. the idea came to me when i was thinking of michael bay's transformers movie. aside from the whole movie, there is a part where a mountain dew pop machine turns into a decepticon (dewcepticon). after thinking about it for a few seconds i made a collection based off that though. iv only got 7 films so you guys should help add on it to make it a respectable collection.

MmzHrrdb

Re: product placement

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Any movie with a billboard advertising a major company?

Jellysauce
1124 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

maybe a little more specific than that. like a movie where characters in it use a certain product or brands and its a little more obvious that maybe it was intentional . for instance in happy gilmore happy eats subway through out the whole movie and eventually gets a sponsorship from subway

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Was sure this would be in reference to Star Trek, where a futuristic and almost parodic version of the Nokia ring tone plays as a young Kirk drives around on Earth (you can also quite clearly see it's a Nokia car phone when he answers it). I actually quite liked that bit, mostly everyone laughed. Anyways, added it.

Jellysauce
1124 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

i completely forgot about that and it hasn't even been a week since iv seen it. my memory is awful.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Oh I see. I was thinking of things like the Sony television brand in "Cannibal Holocaust", so I'm glad I didn't go on one of my infamous adding-films-to-collection rampages. If I think of any I'll be sure to add them in.

chemical404
3432 Ratings

Post by chemical404 »

all james bond movies?

Pickpocket
3024 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

I tried to add I Am Legend but the search fucked up again. That movie had like a 5 minute add for some car (can't remember which, mustang?) in the beginning. I, Robot is another good one

iceblox
3620 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

Just added 'Juno' where Paulie Bleeker keeps eating tic tacs all the time.

Tripwyre
1866 Ratings

Post by Tripwyre »

I went into 7-11 the other day and they were hawking shit for Terminator Salvation. "Fair enough," I thought. "They do this every summer." Then I went to Terminator Salvation last night and saw John Connor walking into the ruins of an old 7-11. Fuck that.