Upcoming movies you're waiting for

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Pickpocket
3024 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Upcoming movies you're waiting for

Post by Pickpocket »

Bojanglesmn wrote:Public Enemies
Where The Wild Things Are

I forgot these and also Whatever Works should be amazing. LD and Woody should be a great combo.

Bojanglesmn wrote:Inception

Just read Leo is set to star.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I too am looking forward to Watchmen. I actually picked up my free midnight premiere ticket yesterday. Wooh.

Also looking forward to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (sorry, huge HP fan here and the 5th film was actually good compared to the first four, and since this has the same director I'm quite hopeful) and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned yet. And although it's currently slated for 2010 so it's a bit of a wait, I really can't wait for the Lynch/Herzog co-production My Son My Son, What Have Ye Done? It has a pretty promising cast as well.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Pickpocket wrote:Also looking forward to The Tree of Life, cause it's Malick and I worked on it.

Don't be so modest, PP. We know you called the shots.

T'ink I've done this before. Ah, here 'tis

paulofilmo wrote:Blood Meridian - Director of In The Bedroom. Adapted from the novel of the writer (Cormac McCarthy) of No Country and the short story AFlickering suggested, The Road (which is also being made into a film). Sadly, the director of The Road is also the guy who did The Proposition. But the cast does look good.

Cry of the Owl, Nineteen Eighty - Paddy Considine.

The Young Victoria - Director of C.R.A.Z.Y., great cast.

The Boat That Rocked - Emma Thompson, PSH, Filmed a few miles from me.

The Rum Diary - Bruce Robinson

Na putu - Director of Grbavica

Brothers (2009/II) - Sounds interesting. Some good writers, and Jim Sheridan directing.

Cinematographer Christopher Doyle (In The Mood For Love, Hero etc.):
The Tempest - I worry about the cast, but it is Shakey
The Limits of Control - Jim Jarmusch (fascinating cast)

"The Pacific" - A 10-part mini-series from the creators of "Band of Brothers" telling the intertwined stories of three Marines during America's battle with the Japanese in the Pacific during World War II. :D. Although the directors seem a little inexperienced. (Cinematographer Remi Adefarasin)

Phillip Noyce:
Dirt Music
American Pastoral - Set in postwar America, a man watches his seemingly perfect life fall apart as his daughter's new political affiliation threatens to destroy their family.

+Samsara, Tree of Life, and Coen films make for a decent sounding year.

It appears The Young Victoria is already starting to blow. :/

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

For UK viewers:

The Red Riding trilogy (of which Nineteen Eighty is a part of) begins tomorrow, Channel 4 at 9.00pm

Jeb
2387 Ratings

Post by Jeb »

Criswell wrote:There's already a thread on this: http://www.criticker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=768&start=0&st=0

That thread was directed to movies of 2009. These are upcoming movies (2009, 2010, 2011 etc.) you're waiting eagerly for to be released.

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

Here's teh Public Enemies trailer which I hereby vow not to watch 100 times between now and July.

prowler
941 Ratings

Post by prowler »

welp nolan is directing the prisoner?
now that mcgoohan is dead i hope they don't rape it

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

prowler wrote:welp nolan is directing the prisoner?
now that mcgoohan is dead i hope they don't rape it

I was thinking the same. I heard some people say that the positive thing about McGoohan's death is that he won't live to see the film, I wouldn't be as radical as to say that it will certainly be awful, with Nolan in the directing chair I still have some hopes left.
On second hand, a TV remake of the show has been made for UK TV last year. I haven't seen it but I've heard it's really awful and completely unnecessary. And besides, given that each episode is a different story and that each is important to get the complete image of The Village and the politic and moral messeges McGoohan was delivering, I can't really see how can the 17 episodes be made into one film. Even if you take only McGoohan's original episodes he planned as a mini-series ('Arrival', 'Dance of the Dead', 'Checkmate', 'Free For All', 'The Chimes of Big Ben', 'Once Upon A Time' and 'Fallout'), there's still no chance any script can link succesfully between the episodes, the change of Number Twos, etc. I at least hope that the film will make up for the tremendous plotholes that were obviously a result of the awful production conditions.

Oh, and if anyone does decides to watch the show, do yourself a favour and watch only the episodes I mention, perhaps only including 'A Change Of Mind'. The other episodes are rather bad (generally speaking) or, although not bad at all, unnecessary and not on par with the quality of the original episodes.

prowler
941 Ratings

Post by prowler »

i don't know, i was hooked after the first episode so i think everyone should watch the whole series :D even if some eps were poorer than others

yeah maybe the movie should be just one long "episode", with only one no2. and maybe it should be like a regular episode, and not have a big showdown with no1 at the end, although knowing hollywood that's not likely