Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Barthalen
2710 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Barthalen »

Greetings! The name is Barthalen, I come from a small town somewhere in the dark underbelly of Holland, and I've been using Criticker a while but never really explored the forums before.

I'm more or less your basic nerdy type; I enjoy comics, sci-fi books, whiskey, card games, all things Lovecraftian, and about every kind of movie apart from romantic comedies. I'm always on the lookout for cool horror or martial arts films I have missed, so feel free to send some titles my way if you feel like it!

Oh, and... not sure if others have this too, but... I really enjoy receiving stars for my reviews! :) And giving them, of course. But there's just something cool about logging in to criticker to find that someone liked something you've written. ...Maybe I'm just a sucker in search of validation, I dunno.

Anyhoo, I really love the site and can't count the number of times I discovered a movie that I otherwise would not have found through someone's review or a site-generated recommendation. So I plan on sticking around here a while longer, that's for sure. Take care, all!

andrewmac1
0 Ratings

Post by andrewmac1 »

Hi this is andrew mcdonald. I am new to this forum.

Bandy
3269 Ratings

Post by Bandy »

Hey, my name's Bandy. Actually, no, it's not.

Sorry that I lied and we got off on the wrong foot. I hope you can forgive me enough in a few years to flash me a knowing glance when you fill my soup bowl at the local soup kitchen, baby.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Oh!

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

Hello,

My name is Eric and I live in Des Moines, Iowa. Naturally being from Iowa I spend my time reenacting the film "Field of Dreams" cause this place is lousy with corn. When I am not "having a catch" with my ghost dad, I enjoy writing introductions about myself on film recommendation websites (so this place was a dream come true let me tell you).

The first movie I ever saw was "A Clockwork Orange" when I was 33. I am 34 now and have been hooked ever since! I am anxiously awaiting part two.

In all seriousness I am loving the site and often use it to choose whether to watch something, either by my projected score, or your reviews. I chose the lazy way out and wrote something silly, because most of you are much more articulate and charming than myself. :D

matGuy3
565 Ratings

Post by matGuy3 »

Hullo, names Matthew, and for all I know I'm acting waaaayyy too smart about movies being only in high school. I'd like to think that I have better 'tastes' than a lot of kids, but I am into comedies with a smart twist, soft sci-fi (techno-babble turns me off) and I always enjoy a well-executed animated film, weather it be a Disney family classic or an underground dark-themed anime filled with gore, violence, and the supernatural. But I'm not really into dry, stuffy old films, even if some people call them 'classics'. For example, I found Blade Runner to be very long and dull, even though I understand it's extreme importance and status in the sci-fi community. While at the same time I thought the Dawn of the Dead remake to be pretty entertaining and fun.

Either way I'm a total list-lover, so a website dedicated to listing all my favorite films makes for instant bookmark!

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

Blade Runner and the Dawn of the Dead remake are "dry, stuffy old films"? Give your head a shake, young man.

Oh and welcome. :)

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

TheDenizen wrote:Blade Runner and the Dawn of the Dead remake are "dry, stuffy old films"? Give your head a shake, young man.

Oh and welcome. :)

I have been re-watching Deadwood and crack up every time I see Richardson.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

hellboy76 wrote:I have been re-watching Deadwood and crack up every time I see Richardson.

The stuff with him [spoiler]worshiping the deer head on the wall[/spoiler] is priceless.

sjostrand
2443 Ratings

Post by sjostrand »

Hello.
My name is Thomas Sjöstrand and I live in Sweden (in a small town called Katrineholm).

I like movies and lists, but that's not very suprising since I've become a member of this site. :D
Other things I like include: TV shows, theatre plays, literature, roleplaying games, photography and politics.