We weren't able to find any streaming offers for Borderline

1930
Borderline, the sole feature of British film theorist Kenneth Macpherson, boldly blends Eisensteinian montage and domestic melodrama, and features Paul Robeson and his wife, Eslanda, as lovers caught up in a tangled web of interracial affairs. (The Criterion Collection) -- Modern jazz score composed by recording artist Courtney Pine C.B.E
We weren't able to find any streaming offers for Borderline

Masterfully composed in editing, score, & cinematography. I can't say the narrative had much of an impact, though.
Read nonalaurie's user comment on IMDb. This was amazing. Attemptively (note: that wasn't even a word) described as surrealist silent film that uses the clatter-montage technique, set to eclectic, avant-garde, retrospective jazz; consciously used to penetrate the psyche.
[MMWTM3K#08] I appreciate it, but can't say I love it. Cinematography and editing is quite mature and doesn't feel as archaic as in many other films from that time. On the other hand I can't say I care about the plot - it's just a romance story (that doesn't even make much sense in the end) and a silent one at that.
Robeson is a powerful presence in this so-so early race film which boasts some fine editing, some sloppy cinematography, and a great new jazz score.
A cool mood piece. The feeling and atmosphere is more what you'll find in French silent cinema. Fairly straight forward story. A white man is allegedly caught having a relationship with a black girl and his wife uses it for all it's worth manipulating his emotions for revenge. Which results in the real tragedy. The film is probable most known for featuring Paul Robeson and his wife. Honestly he doesn't have all that much. It's unknowns Gavin Arthur & Hilda Doolittle who has the lead roles.

23 Collections including 15 Collaborative and 8 Public