Stitch! The Movie

Stitch! The Movie

2003
Comedy, Family/Kids
Direct-to-Video
Stitch, Jumba, and Pleakley are all living with Lilo and Nani, but no one knows that Jumba had secretly deactivated all 625 of his other experiments and brought them with him. The ex-captain Gantu, hired by Jumba's former partner Dr. Jacques von Hamsterveil, goes to find them and captures Jumba to interrogate him into telling where they are. Now, Lilo and Stitch have to save Stitch's "ohana" from being used for chaos. (imdb)
Franchise: Lilo & Stitch
Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store

It's basically just a setup for the TV series. I loved Lilo and Stitch, but they really ran this into the ground.
More-of-the-same scaled down to a TV-digestable size - I'll say from the outset I'm not the audience for this (and was too old even when Stitch was enjoying his first flush) but having said that, it's a fairly bouncy if lightweight affair, made a little too action-packed and frenetic all the better to appeal to younger attention spans. Highlighted by Rhames who seems to be having fun adapting what sounds like a Marcellus Wallace impression!
Setup for the Lilo and Stitch TV series. I think watching these in reverse order is nice because they're gradually getting better. Still not in the same league as the first, but an okay corollary.
Wakataka!chainsawlool+625more+planetahhhh-ahhhhhbuhlool+frenchhamstervillainlool+electricone+lazycowardonelool+cousin!+lilowonttradethemforjumba+alienshelp-sparkystopsthemfromunknowinglykillingcousins+scatteredoverearth+sparkysavesstitchfromcloning+sparkystaysinlighthouse+havetofindwhereallbelongorearthevac/destroyed
I'm not going to pretend that I'm being objective right now.

Poster supplied byoxiukas1oxiukas1