Best Website Ever!

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Best Website Ever!

Post by MmzHrrdb »

For an addicted filmwatcher.
I got 2people already into this site, 2 RL Friends.

Criticker > imdb.

The User number will rise very high in the next years i think.
There is nothing to compare.
Alone that we Users can Add missing Movies is Superior.

sengir
4050 Ratings

Re: Best Website Ever!

Post by sengir »

It's the perfect site for the celluloid junkie :)

Dorkovsky
42439 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

I pray for the day that I will never have to look at imdb again.

Spunkie
5483 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

Well that's not going to happen soon, and I hope it doesn't ever happen. There is no use getting furious with mediocreness of imdb crown, after all it's a huge bussiness. But as a movie database it has good use. Think about it going down, we would have real trouble gathering up info about movies from one compact place and it will take sometime until someone else takes up the job, criticker is totally something else. So everything has its place like the way it is imo.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

I only realised recently that Criticker totally pwns. Before, I thought Criticker pwnd just a bit, until I realised how much I love all the personalised little features on Criticker. Criticker should keep playing that as their trump card.

Although it may be sad to hear, I actually go to IMDb first when deciding to watch a movie. I don't like to see such a specific probable score before I've seen a film as I fear it will influence my viewing experience. Perhaps if Criticker just showed the probable selected tier (like a PTI) which you could then click on to reveal the PSI in the FIP. But I think that's a little too much to ask for likely such a unique issue.

Anyway. Yay Criticker! ..My second most visited website.

As I have mentioned before, my favourite feature is being able to save kumpels with modal common Tier 10 films. For such an awkward viewer, this has great potential for discovering the movies I love.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

paulofilmo wrote:Anyway. Yay Criticker! ..My second most visited website.

Criticker turned to my most visited Website in the last months next to 4chan.
Pretty Perfect Environment for my Needs ;)

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Criticker is usually the first site I visit whenever I open a browser, no matter what I opened the browser for. :P

I don't ever check IMDb to see if I should watch a movie.. I only go to IMDb for info, fun trivia and stuff.

Quicky
786 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

Yoshiking wrote:Criticker is usually the first site I visit whenever I open a browser, no matter what I opened the browser for. :P I don't ever check IMDb to see if I should watch a movie.. I only go to IMDb for info, fun trivia and stuff.

Same here, except that Gmail is usually the absolute first thing that I visit since it's my browser home page :P.

Dorkovsky
42439 Ratings

Post by Dorkovsky »

Well I was exaggerating, but I really only use imdb for submitting movies to Criticker.

Voltaire53
572 Ratings

Post by Voltaire53 »

My top sites are:

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk for finding the cheeapest DVD prices (and books, games, CDs etc) for the UK - they also have a facility where you can set a DVD 'target price' and if any store drops below that price it emails you to tell you!

Zetaminor and the Roobarb's Forum (http://www.zetaminor.com) - site dedicated to DVD enthusiasts, with the aim of having the "latest news about forthcoming DVD releases, disc reviews, and information on cult and neglected TV series." with a very active forum.

DVD Profiler (http://www.invelos.com) - site supporting the DVD Profiler software product which allows me to track and profile all those DVDs I have and want with a pretty good forum.

I'm only now really starting to get into Criticker and hope the forums see more activity as they are the things that tend to keep me 'regular'