The 10th Victim
The-10th-Victim

The 10th Victim

1965
Comedy, Sci-fi
Some people like violence so much, that they decide to create a club in which human hunts are organized - members being alternately hunters, and prey, until they end up dead. (imdb)
Amazon Prime VideoAmazon VideoTubi TVVUDU FreeNight Flight PlusPlex
FilmBox+
Plex Player

This film goes beyond campy and goes back again to become something truly special. The ending scenes are way too goofy, but it's supposed to be a sci-fi comedy after all. It's perhaps the earliest film (that I know of) to predict reality TV. And Ursula Andress plays one of the sexiest characters I've ever seen.
A campy sci-fi spoof, with a dash of light social commentary. It's rather silly, especially with the absurd futuristic touches and James Bond-ish action, but obviously deliberately so. I can't imagine anyone really adoring this movie, but it's a fun diversion. I have to wonder if this is where Mike Myers got the Austin Powers idea for girls who shoot bullets from their breasts.
60'ies chic, a genuinely entertaining camp vision of a jaded, materialist sci-fi society brimming with beautiful people and inventive visuals.
A perhaps quite prescient look ahead to the future of what reality TV may bring us. Though the ending IS absurd, Ursula Andress gets my vote for sexiest portrayal of any woman in any movie ever.
When will there be a fitting cinematic adaptation of the work of Robert Sheckley?

Poster supplied bygauntletGauntlet