I Was a Male War Bride
I-Was-a-Male-War

I Was a Male War Bride

1949
Romance, Comedy
Captain Henri Rochard is a French officer assigned to work with Lieut. Catherine Gates. Through a wacky series of misadventures, they fall in love and marry. When the war ends, Capt. Rochard tries to return to America with the other female war brides. Zany gender-confusing antics follow. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduYouTubeAMC on Demand

cary grant can't get laid
Viewed June 28, 2020. Very much related to Cary Grant's repeated failed attempts to fall asleep in uncomfortable places.
Cary Grant is very funny (in drag and out) and Ann Sheridan--a great straight "man"--seems to have fun watching him be funny too.
The story is whatever but grant and sheridan have loads of chemistry. The fastpaced banter and jibes are some of grants very best. Lots of hilarious scenarios including of course cary grant in drag
The first half was much better than the second half mainly because of the verbal sparring between the two leads. Once the leads get married the film goes down hill. The second half is silly but since none of the situations would or could happen nowadays it all just seems more absurd than funny.

Submitted bydriscarpindriscarpin on 23 Aug 2007