Om Shanti Om
Om-Shanti-Om

Om Shanti Om

2007
Comedy, Drama
In the 1970s, Om, an aspiring actor, is murdered, but is immediately reincarnated into the present day. He attempts to discover the mystery of his demise and find Shanti, the love of his previous life. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesNetflixYouTubeNetflix basic with Ads

While the middle lacks a sufficient villain, and therefore narrative thrust, the beginning is one of the greatest examples of sheer JOY in film in ages. The rest of the film can't hope to attain the beauty of the beginning sequences (and those costumes!), but the whole of the film is fascinating, and a refreshing aesthetic change.
Ambitious. Interesting. But not for me.
Finally! A film that celebrates and revels in Bollywood and all it's operatic campiness! While the second half drags a little, on a whole it's a incredibly fun joy-filled ride. This would be the film I would recommend to someone if they've never seen a Bollywood musical before, as it so perfectly encapsulates everything Indian Cinema can be when done right.
Fun and Creative throughout. But toooo long. I fast-forwarded through all songs but one (Ajab si). Its kind of a unique Indian film. But is it worth the 3 hours?
Nice - cheesy and everything people who hate about Bollywood hate - but I quite enjoyed it. Although it could have been 60 to 90 minutes shorter

Poster supplied bygauntletGauntlet