À nos amours
A-nos-amours
A-nos-amours

À nos amours

1983
Suzanne is 15 and is having sex with many boys, just for fun, but did not manage to really love one of them. Her family does not understand her. The father does not like her behaviour. When he leaves home, the mother becomes a little bit neurotic. And Suzanne's brother Robert, begins to beat her as a punishment... (imdb)
Criterion Channel

There's a "Seinfeld" episode where the guys are all aching to see a movie called Rochelle Rochelle, "a young girl's strange erotic journey from Milan to Minsk". They think all the nubile nudity will be exciting, but they end up bored to tears. This is pretty much that movie. For most of it, it's a teenage peep show constantly being interrupted by discussions about nothing in particular that have no bearing on anything. Or worse, someone making some meaningless observation about love.
slap that bitch!
Girl be running around looking like she's in Dirty Projectors and having sex with everyone.
I don't like that kind of Rohmeresque movies. I expect from a director style and passion when he deals with complex human relations. And here it's not "complex" either, there is a girl who seeks satisfaction in sex because of a lack of meaning in her life. That kind of movies seem spoiled and luxurious to me. At the end I can't help asking myself "so what?"
a girl is a 'slut' and her family doesn't like that. the girl is in the right. pretty much a sexual coming of age tale. at times i thought it was a really good drama and at others i felt it was going through the motions a bit. criterion compares this director to cassavetes, and while there were a couple of scenes that could be seen in that light, the two aren't really too similar.

Submitted bymartintellerMartinTeller on 12 Sep 2006