Sweet Movie (1974)
The intercut story of two women: a nearly-mute beauty queen who descends into withdrawal and madness... (imdb)
Sweet Movie belongs to 28 collections
1. Criterion Collection (collaborative: moderated by caffe - 165 stars)
2. boobs (collaborative: moderated by Pickpocket - 51 stars)
3. Certified weird (collaborative: moderated by Dreamer - 46 stars)
4. Uncanny, Disturbingly Weird Films (collaborative: moderated by paulofilmo - 41 stars)
5. Left-wing politics (collaborative: moderated by djross - 27 stars)
6. 16 Strangest Movies Everyone Should See - tasteofcinema.com (collaborative: moderated by neurophate - 10 stars)
7. Wierd / Mindfuck / Surreal (collaborative: moderated by neurophate - 9 stars)
8. Disgusting and Disturbing (collaborative: moderated by myminorplace - 7 stars)
9. They Shoot Pictures ex-Top 1,000 (collaborative: moderated by MMAlpha - 3 stars)
10. Yugoslav Black Wave (collaborative: moderated by Ag0stoMesmer - 3 stars)
11. Coheed's Films I Need To See Or Try To Track Down (public: Coheed - 3 stars)
12. Bilgi Sinema (public: parcaliham - 2 stars)
13. critique of 'real socialism's (public: ehk2 - 2 stars)
14. Human Being Exposed to Bodily Waste or Vomit (collaborative: moderated by iconogassed - 1 star)
15. Banned in UK (collaborative - 1 star)
16. GreenCine's 'The 25 Most Disturbing Movies' (collaborative: moderated by CCLZA - 1 star)
17. "Filmmakers: Favorite Film" (collaborative - 1 star)
18. Brows Held High (collaborative: moderated by Ununnilium - 1 star)
19. ComplexMedia: The 50 Most Disturbing Movies (collaborative: moderated by von krogh - 1 star)
20. gork movies to get (public: gork - 1 star)
21. Bad Table Manners (collaborative)
22. Available on Divicast (collaborative: moderated by Dunstan-xxx)
23. Ketamine (collaborative: moderated by davidysteph)
24. Age of Aquarius (collaborative: moderated by davidysteph)
25. Films to get (public: Scelsi)
26. Watchlist (public: allegreller)
27. My DVD Collection (public: balseiros)
28. karamazov's dvd/vhs collection. (public: karamazov.)
Browse the full list of collections
Utterly retarded. The kind of film that hipster college sophomores "discover" and declare as brilliant social satire while they pretend to find meaning in the most inane non-sequiturs. Cheap gross-out tricks and dime store symbolism. But worst of all, pervaded with a philosophy of "look at me, I'm so different! I dare to BREAK THE RULES!" A willingness to break rules is always an asset, but when that's your raison d'etre, then you're just as much a slave to the rules as anyone else.
Sits on that deplorable branch of surrealism that could easily be embraced by the love generation as a way to skewer bourgeois sensibilities with nonsense and vulgarity. Only snag is, it does not work. The failed art of a bunch of God damn hippies.
Awww.. I love people who hate this movie almost as much as the movie itself. Its a movie about the hidden and very underrated connection between politics and sex. This one is about free sex and anarchy. Its like Saló, only fun!
It takes the flag of -dumb but funny- from action movies and injects into social parable. Remember the pop art poster in the background in child abuse scene? It's exactly that, the loss of meaning by the invention of post modernism, no more, no less.
I could see this being a favorite of mine in a different life.
Sex, food, politics, anarchy, excess. Some of the most sensual sequences ever filmed, a kaleidoscope of blood, sugar and vomit. The ending scene of the nude Carole Laure drowning and masturbating in a tub of chocolate is one of the best things I have ever seen.
Dance the dance of liberation, celebrate lust and birth. Enter the dark night, follow the moon light, carry us like wind, desert the dust, follow through the rust.
Trite, obnoxious, and embarrassingly sophomoric. It's like The Holy Mountain if The Holy Mountain was awful.
The good kind of Decadence. I just wish that my own first sexual experience, would have been proceeded by such events.
|Average Percentile 50.75% from 343 Ratings|