Swept Away
Swept-Away-2002

Swept Away

2002
Romance
Contemporary adaptation of Lina Wertmuller's 1974 romantic comedy, a story of love, sex, drugs and too much money - all set against the backdrop of a Mediterranean island paradise.

The modern day Medusa whines her way through what has to be the worst film of all time. I literally wanted to reach into the screen and strangle her after about 20 minutes. Everything that was wonderful about Lena Wertmueller's original film is absent from this abortion of a film. Avoid this film at all costs, it should come with the Surgeon Generals warning.
The original was sooooo much better.
A stinker
I am really surprised that this movie is so badly rated. I mean it's not a masterpiece or anything special, but there is really nothing wrong with it, just another OK movie. From now on I'll always decide my grade before seeing others, because it makes an influence.
If this were not a remake, it would maybe get a higher score. Alas, it is, and it gets a "Stay Away" score. Not that the the original was a masterpiece, just really good, but it had better actors, a better director, better photography, and an original concept. Do you really have to endure madonna just to spare yourself a few subtitles?

Poster supplied byoxiukas1oxiukas1