The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T.
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduTubi TVYouTube
The-5000-Fingers-of-Dr
The-5000-Fingers-of-Dr

The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T.

1953
Musical, Family/Kids
Bart has only one enemy in the world: his piano teacher Dr. Terwilliker. Dr. T has a mad plan to force 500 young boys to practice at his magnificent piano 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduTubi TVYouTube

For a Technicolor children's film from the time, this film has incredibly bare, dour set design. I did like the actors and the music, even though the second act boasts a painfully overlong musical interlude that makes the Marx Brothers look on-point.
This movie is seriously on acid. Probably one of the darkest works Dr. Seuss ever released. When I was a kid I was terrified of this - my mother only got me to sit through it after she explained that Dr. T (Hans Conried) was the same man who voiced Captain Hook and Boris Badenov.
This movie should provide proof that not everything that is animated/drawn translates to live action. Perhaps Dr. Seuss' creations are wonderful in abstract form (especially when drawn by Chuck Jones as they were with 1964's The Grinch), but when his bizarre thoughts get acted out in an Orwellian dystopia such as this, the result is the stuff of nightmares. This is truly a train wreck of a movie and not one worth seeing through to the end as I forced myself to. Tune in for 5 minutes but no more.
Rather interesting to see something that manages to occasionally be so wonderful and yet so disturbing and frankly kind of annoying all at once. The green guys with the deformed instruments were particularly nightmarish.
PIECE OF CRAP!!! That's what it is! I can't believe someone I know *CLARK NOVA cough cough* ranked this movie, this piece of crap movie up around the best movie of all time - Marnie. I already kicked him in the balls, I'm about to shove this movie up his fat a** and tear his head off. My name is Marnie and I approve this message.

Poster supplied bygauntletGauntlet