Till Death
Till-Death

Till Death

2021
Suspense/Thriller, Horror
A woman is left handcuffed to her dead husband as part of a sick revenge plot. Unable to unshackle, she has to survive as two killers arrive to finish her off.
Redbox

Sue me, I liked it. It does get a bit inconsistent at times, but I enjoyed Fox and the supporting players and I really dug the sense of dread and weight that carries on throughout the runtime. These filmmakers made very effective use of the premise and raised the stakes up high enough when they needed to. Don’t think too hard about it. Just throw it on, soak everything in, and enjoy the ride for what it is.
It really shouldn't be that hard to write a tense and violent script without sprinkling total nonsense everywhere. The nonsense adds nothing.
re: feritdgn, I wondered too while watching this if Fox was always like this. She redeems herself some after a little while but the beginning especially was painful. Despite that, Till Death ended up being a little more tense than I expected, and I did enjoy it. I can't say it did anything especially well but the pieces came together decently. I was so glad when the dude offed himself though, you could tell from the beginning that he was a POS.
I mean, I'm not opposed to the idea of turning Gerald's Game into a Cloverfield-type franchise where we keep the central idea but switch protagonists and genres with each reiteration. I'm all for Megan Fox getting some recognition, and it does build some nice (if predictable) tension. But these are some dumb, dumb criminals. For number 3, let's have a dark comedy where Uma Thurman has to drag a movie producer's dead corpse around Hollywood.
It puts a nice little spin on an otherwise rather simple "Gerard's game" type movie. Megan Fox is ok but her face is almost expressionless throughout the movie.

6 Collections including 2 Collaborative and 4 Public