Joy Ride
Joy-Ride-2023
Joy-Ride-2023

Joy Ride

2023
Follows four Chinese-American friends as they bond and discover the truth of what it means to know and love who you are, while they travel through China in search of one of their birth mothers. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVStarz Apple TV ChannelGoogle Play MoviesVuduStarz
Microsoft Store
FlixFling
Starz Roku Premium Channel
Starz Amazon Channel

A solid comedy through and through. The opening bit made me laugh a lot and set my expectations high, but it did taper off a bit. It made me laugh enough to be a legitimate comedy movie but it's definitely not one of the greats. The cast has good chemistry.
A few giggles and good performances but too derivative and cliched to be worthwhile.
It's whatever but I guess I'm just not a huge comedy fan.
Certainly raunchy but also lazy.
Pleasantly surprised with this "Hangover meets Crazy Rich Asians" comedy with a pleasing amount of heart towards the conclusion. It's also nice to see this type of movie without having to cast big names; I love Awkwafina, but I don't want them to fall into the trap of thinking she HAS to be in every mainstream Asian comedy. This is a box office flop in all likelihood, but it doesn't deserve to be, and I hope it's one of those movies that has a groundswell of support after its opening weekend.

Submitted byspockspock on 07 Jul 2023