I Love You, Daddy (2017)
Not Enough Info
When a successful television writer's daughter becomes the interest of an aging filmmaker with an appalling past, he becomes worried about how to handle the situation. (imdb)
Directed By: Louis C.K.
Written By: Louis C.K.
Loading Products from Ebay
I Love You, Daddy belongs to 5 collections
1. Director/star combination (public: moderated by djross - 4 stars)
2. Film Titles That Are Complete Sentences (public: moderated by Maaxwell - 3 stars)
3. -On My Radar (public: moderated by KasperL - 1 star)
4. 2017 Films to Watch (private: kendell)
5. Watchlist (private: kissgyozi)
Browse the full list of collections
I think this is an honest attempt to reckon with what it means to "separate the art from the artist" when rumors become fact in an extremely personal, presumably comic manner. However, it comes from someone whose own past makes him ill-equipped to handle such a topic; perhaps, then, the film is partly a desperate plea for artistic acceptance in anticipation of the eventual downfall. Considering the provocative subject matter, it's surprisingly toothless.
Sorry, Noah Baumbach. There is a new (and better) Woody Allen in town.