Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVuduYouTube

2004
Comedy, Drama
A heartwarming story of two little boys, faith, miracles...and lots of money. (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVuduYouTube

It should be illegal to show this movie to children. Sanctimonious, preachy, guilt-inducing, ridiculously unfun and presents childhood imagination in a way that doesn't exist. And the script is a mess, no better than the worst Home Alone rehash. Just all around intolerable.
In a moment of brilliance from director Danny Boyle, Millions captures some difficult human emotions, aspirations, childhood dreams and innocence almost perfectly. From the troubled and imaginative lead character to the carefully crafted dream-like state, it tackles morality with an uplifting viewpoint. Backed up by great acting and direction, Millions stands out as a totally unique production. It's inspired in almost all respects and is certainly a personal favourite of mine.
This film wasn't meant to be viewed by me.
Charming and surprisingly perceptive, the film manages to delight while it explores honestly human attitudes towards loss, charity, and self-interest. It does lose some steam towards the end, but nonetheless on the whole it is an energetic and engaging film from Boyle, who continues to impress me.
My Corruption and greed prevented me from givng this movie a higher score, but if you are a good person it's a rather enjoyable movie.

Last modified by:glumpy99glumpy_99 on 03 Dec 2022