Shudder AMC Plus Apple TV Channel

Late Night with the Devil

2023
Horror

Rated 19 Apr 2024
This is SO close to a 95 for me, and might become so as time goes on. The set-up for this is brilliant. Dastmalchian is awesome. It doesn't have a ton in the way of jump scares, instead relying on a creepy atmosphere as we watch a Late Night episode go completely out of control. I thought the ending was losing its way a bit as it abandoned what it was, but the kicker at the end made up for it--but it's not like I wasn't enjoying it up until that point anyway.
Rated 02 Apr 2024
Really well done found footage Ghostwatch-esque movie that stays gripping and interesting until the ending, which doesn’t quite land as well as the rest of the greatness of this movie.
Rated 01 Apr 2024
Creepy, well made and one of the best found footage mock documentary films I've ever seen.
Rated 26 Mar 2024
I absolutely love the slow buildup, the characters, and the effects work (minus the AI stain), but a couple things could have bumped it much higher for me. I would have liked a further devolving into carnage and chaos by the end, maybe a longer runtime, and a bigger commitment to either being "found footage" or not, because half the movie is shot like a regular modern movie and doesn't commit to the bit. Not that that's a problem, but I would have preferred full commitment in either direction.
Rated 31 Mar 2024
Some pacing issues, but overall pretty trippy and novel for a found footage horror movie.
Rated 03 Apr 2024
It includes a documentary prologue that sets up the story, and once you hear it, you know exactly where this film is going. You're left watching the film knowing the whole time how it has to end and hoping it'll take a left turn somewhere. It just doesn't. It plays out in a totally predictable manner. It's a fun little watch, but it does nothing all that interesting with it's set up.
Rated 08 Apr 2024
Unique conceit, a found footage film of an episode of a '70s late night talk show, that really sets it apart from all those other tired "jump scare" horror films on the market.
Rated 06 Apr 2024
It grows increasingly more tense thanks to the performance by Dastmalchian. It perfectly recreates the atmosphere of a late night talk show and the skepticism that surrounded so much of the occult during that era. It relies more on the psychological aspect of horror than it does the violence and blood. The final 15 minutes are as well presented as a horror movie could be while saying so much through visual representation as opposed to dialogue. Well done.
Rated 20 Apr 2024
Rated 29 Mar 2024
A very cool horror vision. More dreadful than scary, the production as a whole is strong and manages to hold up until the end. Dastmalchian is the MVP here, my man deserves more leading roles.