Boiling Point
Boiling-Point-2021

Boiling Point

2021
Drama, Suspense/Thriller
Enter the relentless pressure of a restaurant kitchen as a head chef wrangles his team on the busiest day of the year.
Amazon VideoApple TVGoogle Play MoviesVuduKanopyYouTube
The Roku Channel
Hoopla
ShortsTV Amazon Channel

Bond Review: I ordered take out. Long Take out. Honest Review: Captures the stressful atmosphere unimaginably well but did little more than allowing characters to bring their baggage to the night, there's little chance for any cathartic redemption which might've elevated this even more. Are My Knees Shaking Review: My knees are shaking. I had to leave the room at one point to get a pencil so that I could come back, hold it and accidentally snap it in half.
Incredible for a single-shot movie - taking place everywhere in and around a crowded restaurant. Must have required massive work from everyone involved. Dialogue is excellent and Stephen Graham's is a powerhouse performance. I expected something a little more from the third act, I guess, but it seems petty to complain.
Its greatest asset is obviously the long take that is executed to, well, perfection. You can't help but admire the amount of preparation and rehearsal that must've gone into this, regardless of the single location. Somewhat disappointed the film fizzles out in the 3rd act, only to conclude with what is technically a non-ending. Some will say that's the point, but I wish the story had been better matched to its approach.
As a rule, I'm a big fan of the intensity and feeling of immersion that long takes can add to a movie, and this single-shot movie is no exception to that rule.
Anxiety attack of a movie. Once the night gets underway there is no time to take a breath, its on to the next problem. Stephen Graham is fantastic as a head chef struggling to balance his own problems with that of his restaurant. Just watch it you will not be able to look away.

Submitted bytrefwoordpTrefwoordP on 17 Oct 2021