2001
Horror
After making a horrific discovery in the basement of an old abandoned church, Trish (Philips) and her brother Darryl (Long) watch their routine road trip home from college turn into a heart stopping race for their lives. (United Artists)

2001
Horror

Rated 14 Mar 2008
If the first 20 minutes were made into a short film, it would be pretty great. An intense highway experience, an unseen killer, and a creepy discovery. But as it stands, 3/4 of this film suffers from over explanation (showing the monster in full form and explaining his motives), clichéd horror conventions (the obligatory psychic woman who knows all), and idiotic character decisions (these two are about the dumbest characters I've ever seen. Their actions serve only to progress the plot).
Ever see a movie where you hoped everyone involved would die? This is one of them.
Rated 10 Mar 2009
Poor horror-movie. The first half hour was good but then when you see the creature there was no suspense anymore. I hardly see it flying, although he has wings. The second movie was for me much better.
Rated 04 Jan 2008
I will admit that the first act of this movie is pretty fucking scary.
Rated 04 Jan 2009
Oh No's!!! A big dumpy truck is following us! Phew...we managed to lose it...now let's go back to his creepy house and see what he was doing to those obvious dead people who were put in sacks! BRILLIANT! (Queer bait was a sissy).
Rated 16 Mar 2008
Not even sure how I saw this movie, but man did it suck.
Rated 23 Jan 2019
(SPOILER ALERT):Salva does a commendable job of recreating the tension of Duel in the first act as we follow Long and Philips getting stalked by a menacing driver on a lonely country road. When it's revealed that it's an otherwordly creature with mysterious motives that's terrorizing them, it takes a mildly disappointing turn towards convention, but the creeper is a decent monster, and Salva delivers a few tense moments and a knockout ending which sheds dark new light on Armstrong's song.
Rated 13 Dec 2015
I have a personal theory that Justin Long was a failed Keanu Reeves Mk. 2 that escaped the lab with the assistance of a jaded but sympathetic scientist. Also this movie isn't great.
Rated 21 Jul 2022
Le film démarre rapidement, avec des plans vraiment terrifiants : la camionnette du Creeper qui arrive à vive allure sur les deux personnages, le Creeper qui jette des cadavres dans une canalisation et qui fixe les deux héros, tel un Myers dans La nuit des masques. Le film est truffé d'idées de mise en scène qui font de ce Jeepers Creepers, un excellent film d'épouvante. La fin est horriblement macabre. En revanche, toute la dernière partie dans le commissariat est ratée et ennuyeuse à mourir.
Rated 12 Sep 2010
The first bit of the movie was ok then it all went to shit.
Rated 26 Feb 2010
Pretty forgettable but it has enough odd moments to be interesting. It's more campy than scary but even the "camp" factor is dialed down because of the slick Hollywood production values. Nothing really distinguishable here beyond the hundreds of other Hollywood horror flicks.
Rated 26 Nov 2010
Far more imaginative than your average horror flick with a glimpses of fascinating homoeroticism rarely seen in the genre (the fact that the director is a convicted child molestor only makes the film even more of curiosity).
Rated 26 Jan 2007
It starts out as an interesting take on the "faceless killer" concept and ends up as a stupid monster movie.
Rated 21 Jul 2008
Has a eerie vibe to the movie. Passable.
Rated 21 Oct 2012
Blaaaagh...
Rated 29 Jun 2008
good movie
Rated 27 May 2008
This movie screams crap..
Rated 20 Jan 2009
I am being generous with the 5. The 5 is for Gina Philips and she is really hot, but that is about the only good thing to this entirely bad "attempt" at horror films. It somehow managed to garner enough success to have a sequel crapped out, but given the state of modern American horror, its no suprise. Characters who show up out of nowhere for no reason, a creature with an uninteresting minimalist backstory, and lackluster special effects contribute to this stinkfest. Avoid at all costs.
The movie actually starts off promising but gets really, really stupid about an hour into the film.
Rated 07 Aug 2008
falling asleep during a scary movie is never a good sign of its worthiness
It begins decently enough, and then the crazy psychic lady comes in and the film tries to offer an explanation for things and it's all shot to hell from that point.
Rated 05 Aug 2021
it started out so well but it went downhill after a while. still an enjoyable film tbh.
Rated 26 Oct 2008
Hey it is original, but good lord is the acting atrocious.
Rated 29 May 2019
It's got some scares. Unfortunately Victor Salva is a big time creep.
Rated 02 Jul 2009
Good first-half. Not so good second-half.
Rated 06 Sep 2023
I enjoyed this movie especially because the monster won.
Rated 21 Jun 2010
creeped me out silly.
Rated 16 Oct 2007
One of those movies where the main characters could have well-avoided the danger had they used any common sense; but the ending is chilling.
Rated 23 Oct 2017
Surprisingly scary
Rated 25 Jul 2009
The "villain" is so over the top it is unbelievable. Unintended comedy.
Rated 05 Nov 2017
It's an OK horror film.
Rated 17 Nov 2007
This is good, although somewhat creepy. One really neat part is that the brother & sister have a very long conversation at the beginning, before things go to hell.
Rated 10 Feb 2023
The ending seemed to belong to a different movie, but the concept was interesting and fun, and the effects were overall well done
Rated 28 May 2007
Seeing this at 13 years, I found that monster quite original, there was just something creepy (no pun intented) and gross about him...
Rated 12 Oct 2007
a relatively surprising monster who doesn't leave room for a happy ending. the song suits well. a fun ride (for some).
Rated 27 Sep 2013
I'm not a huge horror fan (more into killer/suspension/mystery when I want to go dark - Seven, Girl with the Dragon Tat, Silence of The Lambs etc.) but I thought the first 10-15 mins of this looked pretty good but when it goes supernatural to me it gets pretty risible.
Rated 10 Aug 2017
Nothing gets me quite like cheesy monster flicks, and Jeepers Creepers presses all the right buttons. Alright, this isn't technically a good film, with a cheesy premise, silly monster, and a ton of plot holes, but honestly this movie gets a lot of points on atmosphere and entertainment value, both of which it handled incredibly.
Rated 25 Sep 2010
I honestly don't remember much about this other than thinking it was another ho hum horror film with slightly above average acting. I will have to do a rewatch.
Rated 12 Aug 2008
Wow. So, yeah, I understand that by now it's almost obligatory for the characters in a teen horror film not to be the brightest row of crayons in the box, but this is just ridiculous. When the entire progression of the plot relies on the characters acting absolutely conveniently retarded, you know you've got one clumsy writer in your hands. (And apparently he's a paedophile as well.)
Rated 16 Apr 2017
"Hold on, Central, the sky is falling". Victor Salva created an intriguing creature, invested in building tension successfully, didn't hold back on the gore and sprinkled the result with some cool lines as well. "Jeepers Creepers" is not a modern horror classic - it has its clichés, the acting is a little shaky at times and the finale fails to outdo what came before in terms of suspense - but stays comfortably above the lot: it's fun, brisk, dark, exciting, atmospheric, memorable.
Rated 31 Aug 2007
I like this. It has a very eerie vibe to the whole flick.
Rated 01 Sep 2010
Mas eu ADORO a primeira metade.
Rated 09 Jun 2009
The writer/director of this film, Victor Salva, is a convicted child molester. I guess just about anything is forgiven in Hollywood unless you happen to diddle Michael Eisner's kids by mistake.
Rated 13 Mar 2022
I’ve seen worse movies made by a pedophile
Rated 23 Jan 2009
Occasional scares, but the characters were idiots and I had trouble sympathizing.
Rated 30 Aug 2011
Weirdly enjoyed this film. I thought the scene where the Creeper was following them was truly terrorfying!
Rated 22 Jul 2018
It was really good until the monster sprouted wings, then it was just silly
Rated 03 Feb 2011
good horror film
Rated 23 Jun 2010
Good timepass & entertainer
Rated 12 Oct 2015
Pretty bad as a horror film, but underrated as a comedy. Calls out the horrible character decisions pretty early in the movie, and ends up just being a massive pun about Justin Long's eyes being removed. Which was fantastic, because who the fuck cared what happened to him at that point?
Rated 18 Sep 2012
Pretty good little film. Much better than it really deserved to be.
Rated 02 Mar 2007
A take it or leave it horror movie about some kind of demon creature that would fit in with the Men in Black, that of course kills people.
Rated 14 May 2012
Truly creepy, scary and original!
Rated 31 Aug 2016
Creeper's truck was cool!
Rated 12 Jul 2017
Fairly well made thriller/horror with pretty good effects. There is just too much silly stupid shit going on to take it even somewhat seriously.
Rated 28 Jul 2008
This started out great but quickly turned stupid.
Rated 06 Aug 2017
directed by a pedophile and child rapist
Rated 25 Dec 2012
First half was solid.
Rated 04 Jul 2007
I thought it was real good and frightening until I found out it was a flesh eating monster from hell.
Rated 20 Jan 2008
It's a better creature-feature than I was expecting.
Rated 24 Jun 2007
In the first twenty minutes of Jeepers Creepers, there's a very well done creepy scene involving the villain. It lasts for less than a few minutes. It is what garnered this miserable piece of garbage the one point I gave it. The film's first ten minutes basically doom it. A horror film can get away with not having perfectly sympathetic protagonists. However, we have to, at some level, either feel for them or be able to put ourselves in their place. Jeepers Creepers' sibling duo are s
Rated 21 May 2012
Gina Philips is pretty damn hot.
Rated 23 May 2018
Pretty average horror film fodder.
Rated 03 Oct 2020
B
Rated 14 Nov 2009
So cheest but it's the one film that actually gives me nightmares, haha.
Rated 27 Jan 2008
good film
Rated 28 Apr 2023
Acting & Casting - 8 /15 Presentation and Development of Characters - 7/15 Story and Story Presentation - 9 /15 Visual Quality - 6/10 Creativity - 4/5 Execution - 6/10 Pacing and Lenght - 5/5 Music and Theme - 5/5 Sound and Visual Quality, Cinematography - 8/10 Directing - 7/10
Rated 26 Jan 2008
Starts fairly well, with an uneasy feeling due to the unknown. But it loses the plot when the siblings arrive at a diner and wait for the monster to catch up to them. From then on it's cheap, laborious and unstructured.
Rated 22 Jun 2008
Decently scary until the end.
Rated 21 Aug 2012
A lot of wasted potential, but it still has its moments.
Rated 20 Mar 2022
Having just seen the cover at every rental store when I was growing up but never seeing it I didn’t know that this was a monster movie. Pretty freaky. Very sus that they let a pedo make a movie about someone who lives off fear
Did not see the monster coming.
Rated 15 Mar 2022
Scarytruckguy-glares+theygobacktolookdownthepipelmao+dyingoperatedonguy-deadcouplefromtheirHSlegend+houseofpain-oldJCsongwarninglol+onthecarloolilovethathecanflyorclose+eatstongues+killsoldcatlady-runover-wings+every23rdspringfor23daysiteats-lungs/eyestobreathe/see-eatsbecomespartof+doesntkillpsychiclady+takesbro-takeme!-doesntswap+hiseyes
Rated 26 Nov 2008
Until Jeepers got wings I really might be scared by him. But then he lost it. Still pretty good movie to be seen with couple of friends (my advice is to watch it with your girlfriend - mine got pretty scared, and you know...)
Rated 26 Dec 2018
In my opinion, one of the greatest monster/slasher films ever created, was the product of a very sick man in Victor Salva, who's twisted nature surely oozes into the fantasy of this film.
Rated 23 Aug 2007
Very Good
Rated 31 May 2012
I don't know, the dialogue between the brother and sister at the beginning was great and I was really getting into it and then BAM we've seen the creepers face and I no longer give a shit.
Sub-par teeny horror movie. Not scary, and dumb.
Rated 19 Sep 2007
Simply not that impressive.
Rated 04 Mar 2009
Most traumatic ending ever- and I was so annoyed you never find out the history of the creature...this movie needed 30 minutes in back story.
Rated 26 Oct 2014
You can't unsee the child molesty stuff.
Rated 12 Dec 2008
Pathetic attempt to create a horror movie
Rated 09 Jan 2024
Plot 6/20 Fiction 4/20 Casting/Acting 5/20 Worldbuilding 6/20 Entertainment 5/20
Rated 26 May 2007
Lame.
Rated 07 Jan 2013
Rated 15 Mar 2013
Mind-blowing first half. Disappointing, disjointed and cheap second half.
Rated 26 Oct 2020
Overwhelmingly stupid on every level. I could write 20 pages about what makes this movie bad but it's not worth the effort
Rated 08 Apr 2011
Eep.
Rated 20 Jun 2018
This is a film made in 2 parts, with (apparently) 2 different writers, crew and directors, and stitched together (forgive me) at about 50 minutes. The first half is a great build up; nice interplay between brother and sister, and some really scary camera work (despite NO ONE would ever investigate that tube!). The second half is a rambling mess with ridiculous caricatures, poor acting, poor direction, and an ending telegraphed a mile away; we cant have the gorgeous sister butchered, can we?
Rated 05 Aug 2021
I loved the first maybe 45 mins
Rated 19 Sep 2010
The movie starts out so implausibly that I couldn't not think it was a pile of shit. If anyone drove by someone's house and saw them messing around with something similarly shaped like a body under a tarp would they honestly turn around and investigate?
Rated 03 Jul 2019
For a ridicoulsly dumb horror movie you can do a lot worse, but you can also do better. I liked Gina Philips and Justin Long as main characters but the gore could have been more intense.
Fun little jaunt into horror. With unknowns in the cast, it makes the "who will live" question far more interesting.
Rated 25 Jan 2009
Before you actually see the super ninja monster, the movie has been one of the greatest built up horror movies. BIG BOOOO FOR THE MONSTER. Whyyyyy?????! Nice song btw.
Rated 27 Feb 2007
Fucking hated this movie and the one after it!
Rated 22 Nov 2011
The fact that the male lead is Mac Boy somehow makes the whole thing a lot funnier.
Rated 30 Mar 2008
Best horror movie ever...for the first half.
Rated 29 Jun 2011
murcielago humanoide que come gente . . . malisima!
Rated 21 Sep 2008
Not scary. The main character was annoying.