1998
Romance, Comedy
A 'tragic-farce,' Bulworth takes a comedic look at race and class in the United States, campaign finance, and the power of big money and media in America. (Twentieth Century Fox)

It took Beatty's star power to get this scathing political indictment to the masses. Shame it was ignored so much.
It's odd that Bulworth never entered the cultural lexicon the way that quotes from Network (a film that obviously influenced it) did. Like in Lumet's film we see a hero on a journey to shake up the establishment via caustic wit & truth telling. But Bulworth's pointed commentary on how institutions fail people is stronger. Over 20 years later, we've yet to fully grapple with his prescient criticisms on racism, socialism, & the media. And it still holds up as funny as hell! Highly recommended!
Warren Beatty writing, staring, and directing this well done satire about a politician who loses it and decides to speak exactly what is on his mind. It is the serious-yet-comedic attitude of the movie that really allows it to shine.
Really good comedy with a bite from Beatty.............Highly recommended.
I love this movie, not because of it's politics but because of it's humour. There's just so much to laugh about throughout the entire running time. Warren Beatty plays Bulworth perfectly and Halle Berry also turns in a good role... Okay, I also like the politics.

Last modified by:malcymMalcym on 29 Aug 2016