Hotel Transylvania 2
Hotel-Transylvania-2

Hotel Transylvania 2

2015
Comedy, Family/Kids
Dracula and his friends try to bring out the monster in his half human, half vampire grandson in order to keep Mavis from leaving the hotel. (imdb)

Nobody told me General Mills made a movie featuring all of my favorite breakfast cereal mascots! Steve Buscemi as Fruit Brute was pretty great, not so sure about Yummy Mummy. Although marketed to children, I'm not sure any of these characters should be raising a child though. They peddle marshmallow cereals. We have an obesity epidemic here in the States. I don't know if you knew that or not. (Confession: I bought a box of Frankenberry for my son this year. I'm so sorry)
You don't have to make a sequel of everything.
If you really liked the animation style of the first movie, that would be enough reason to see the sequel. But don't expect much out of it - the plot is still just a variation on "Dracula must learn to accept humanity."
Not a film that needed a sequel. The genuinely funny parts are overshadowed by the awkward scenes that aren't funny but try really hard to be. My 3 year old loves it, so maybe that's the target audience. Adults stay away.
"...okay throw that all out the window, this is going to be about interracial relationships and having a racist dad deal with it, but CUTE" Monster ball soup was a precious lil' morsel of what made the first one dumb fun.

13 Collections including 7 Collaborative and 6 Public