The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
The-Conjuring-The-Devil-Made

The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It

2021
Suspense/Thriller, Horror
"The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It" reveals a chilling story of terror, murder and unknown evil that shocked even experienced real-life paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. One of the most sensational cases from their files, it starts with a fight for the soul of a young boy, then takes them beyond anything they'd ever seen before, to mark the first time in U.S. history that a murder suspect would claim demonic possession as a defense. (rottentomatoes.com)
Franchise: The Conjuring
Max Amazon Channel
Max

Guys ... I think the Warrens were full of shit I’ll follow Patrick and Vera into absolute ghoulish garbage if they’re playing them. I won’t be following this awful director.
I could see where some would start to feel fatigue with this one. The possession/ghost genre has been so oversaturated at this point that it's hard to get excited for these anymore. I didn't think this one was bad. Wan's absence in the directors chair is evident, but there were still some great moments of tension and I really liked the morgue scene and the tunnels at the end. Acting is all really good. Wilson and Farmiga are really what's bringing me back at this point. Decent.
Conjuring 3's biggest issue is living in the shadow of the previous two movies. The moment the movie starts, its apparent this is not directed by James Wan, and while visually it looks fine, all the scares are not scary. The moment a scene starts to get scary, the jumpscare has already happened. No Tension. At least the story feel fresh, True Crime Ghost story works as a framing device (even though yikes its a real story). Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga continue to make real life cons likable.
Parts of this are better than the first two movies. Many other parts reminded me of the exorcist 3 but in every possible worse way. More tonally mixed than the first two movies and maybe worse for it.
Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson elevate everything. Sarah Catherine Hook is super cute. This is a well made movie with an excellent soundtrack, good acting, and reasonable SFX. Unfortunately, the story is all about mumbo-jumbo satanic possession. It has a few good jump scares. It would take a giant leap of anti-faith to believe even the tiniest shred of this nonsense. Mental illness was the real culprit and they added a steaming pile of Hollywood to juice up the fiction.

Poster supplied byjarobmuljarobmul