8 Mile
8-Mile

8 Mile

2002
Drama, Music
A story about the boundaries that define our lives, and a young man's struggle to find the courage to transcend them.
Peacock Premium

Eminem does a surprisingly good job acting, especially when compared to other would-be rappers turned actors. But, in the end, the movie doesn't have any special about it to really draw you in. It's alright but nothing great.
For a vanity project about a singular talent it's very generous to the role of the posse/squad/homies in solidifying the man's confidence and credibility. It's also a great illustration of factory work and white trash living - my personal areas of expertise. Eminem's scowl is magnetic, he's almost comically irritable, a time-bomb in a cyclone of social pressure that could BLAOW at any moment. Oh, there goes gravity!
Genuinely surprised by how good this was. Eminem puts together a very good performance on all fronts. Everything felt genuine.
That fucking mom's spaghetti meme ruined my ability to come up with anything to say about this.
I didn't like or dislike 8 Mile. I thought it was well done for what it was but overall I wasn't engaged by the story or the actors. I thought it could have been better.

Last modified by:donmezsefadonmezsefa on 12 Apr 2021