2004
Romance
Marine biologist Henry Roth finds the perfect woman, Lucy Whitmore and falls head over heels for her. But when he sees her the following day, she hasn't a clue as to who is he due to a rare brain disorder that wipes her memory clean every night. Now, with the help of his friend Ula, Henry has to concoct new and increasingly clever ways to meet her and get her to fall for him every day.

2004
Romance

Rated 02 Dec 2015
The most unrealistic part is Adam Sandler playing a college graduate.
Rated 14 Feb 2014
This is a movie about a guy trying to recreate the great first date he had with a girl that can't remember it. My entire marriage has been spent trying to erase the memory of our first date from her mind.
Rated 01 Dec 2016
The Rob Schneider Project- day 18. We've been instructed to watch 50 First Dates while affected by hallucinogens. Our team was strapped to chairs, IV drips set up by masked security guards. I soon entered a hazy dreamstate where a half-naked Hawaiian Schneider talked backwards and where discovering you have been married to Adam Sandler for years counts as a happy end. When I came to, my voice was hoarse from non-stop screaming. I feel so.... dead inside. Oh god... Schneider-annoyance factor: 3
Rated 23 Jun 2013
Known forever as "That movie where Adam Sandler is at the least a creepy weirdo, but most likely a rapist".
Rated 02 Dec 2014
Bleak thriller about a creepy sociopath who takes advantage of a girl with a mental illness, and even manipulates her family into letting him. Somehow it keeps getting categorized as a romcom, despite being neither funny nor romantic.
Rated 01 Dec 2016
Schneider quest, film 18: The first horror movie where Schneider stars in. Can't imagine the pure terror amnesia girl must feel, and relive Sandlers horrific face again and again. Day. After. DAY. Schneider wears tight swimming trunks at some point, that's horrific too.
Rated 31 Dec 2011
Has Adam Sandler, awful.
Rated 05 Apr 2007
I was surprised that I liked this one. It had some heart even though it was a bit cheesy at times. Sandler and Barrymore do show the chemistry they had in the Wedding Singer. A decent soundtrack as well.
Not bad. Not bad at all, actually. It's warm and genuine, and the movie is never treated as a joke. The schtick with Sean Astin gets old REAL fast, but other than that, a cute little date movie.
null
Rated 28 Oct 2011
The faults can be overlooked because Drew Barrymore beats the shit out of Rob Schneider with a baseball bat. Not only was that funny, but so gratifying. I could put that shit on repeat and just watch Rob Schneider get his ass beat every day.
Rated 19 Feb 2007
50 First Dates is a sweet and innocent romantic comedy with a good ratio of comedy to romance. Adam Sandler is in fact a very gentle and lovable person in this with only flashes of his forced angry character that got him to where he is in movies today. It's a quite enjoyable film at least once. Meh!
Rated 04 Mar 2008
Despite some rather lame/bland moments, it also has some sweet and funny segments, as well.
Rated 11 Jun 2008
The movie gets better as it goes along, and I think I have to give it credit for the ending. There are some very cute and sweet moments, and some pretty real moments, but there's also a lot of extra stuff that doesn't really pertain to the movie, and appears to be there only to attract another crowd. And, more "crude humor" than I found necessary. But, still a sweet concept.
Rated 02 Jan 2012
The premise seems cute on paper but gets steadily creepier the more you think about it.
Unexpectedly charming. I didn't think I'd like it at all, and was extremely pleasantly surprised. The gross-out bits are really pretty tame, considering the Sandler-factor, and they are far from the point of the film. Sweet and silly, with a genuine heart beneath the goof.
A sweet and funny movie that works mostly off the chemistry between the leads. And Drew Barrymore is the epitome of adorable ease, so lovable in this movie. It's not genius, but it has a nice message, and an ending that I love.
Rated 05 Nov 2016
At times really horrible, especially during the beginning. However it quickly gets better and even becomes quite amusing and sort of sweet. Ultimately I enjoyed it.
Rated 20 Oct 2007
This movie is really, really, unintentionally creepy.
Rated 11 Aug 2011
The only appeal of this movie for me is Drew Barrymore.
Rated 29 May 2007
It was really funny.Especially rob Schneider.
Rated 31 Jul 2009
Solid comedy that even Drew Barrymore's face doesn't completely ruin.
It's a kinder, gentler Sandler movie that's still very funny (and a big comeback after Mr. Deeds).
Rated 18 Mar 2011
I don't think people comprehend the stupidity of the very concept of this film, let alone the happy ending. It borders on the offensive.
Rated 16 Aug 2007
7+ recommended :: Cute, sweet, dumb ...and so sad it made me cry. I guess I like... um, tragicomedies? Maybe I just really like Drew, but I thought this movie was fun and worth watching. Sandler went too far into "Sandler-world" as usual, but he didn't detract too much. The animals, the really dumb humor and Rob Schneider could have been left out completely ...except for the scene with the baseball bat.
Rated 28 Sep 2008
Seyirlik...
Kind of sweet, but not too good.
Rated 07 Jan 2011
More boredom from Mr. Sandler. Skippable.
Rated 26 Apr 2009
UGH WHY
Rated 13 Sep 2008
As a rule, I don't like Adam Sandler movies. Unless he's paired with Drew Barrymore. And this one was cute. Groovy soundtrack, too.
It's a perfectly entertaining little romantic comedy. It's fun to watch but a little creepy if you think about it too hard.
Rated 07 Jan 2010
bad romcom
Rated 16 Feb 2007
Wathable
Rated 16 Aug 2020
The corny bits are so corny you can't help but feel some pity. It's not funny, but it's earnest.
Rated 13 May 2008
Not bad, but its kind of dumb.
Rated 14 Oct 2008
cute
Rated 26 Jul 2010
Undoubtedly an improvement of Sandler's previous attempts, but certainly not good. The romance between Sandler and Barrymore may be sweet, but the inevitable gross-out humor tsunami kills the film.
Rated 25 Aug 2012
50 First Dates has the makings of a good short film, perhaps, but stretched to feature-length and it runs short of ideas. If it was more imaginative, if it was funnier, if it didn't try to force us to like jokes that simply weren't working -- it could have been enjoyable. The two leads were certainly likable enough. But when you have one really funny scene and absolute silence for the rest of the film, you're not going to endear yourself to an audience. You should just forget about this one.
Almost works.
Rated 09 Apr 2008
Enjoyable rom-com that I've seen a few times for no other reason than I live with someone who likes it.
Rated 29 Sep 2023
And so began the holy duo of Sandler and Barrymore.
Rated 25 Dec 2010
One of my all-time-favorites...
Rated 05 Aug 2010
fofoooooo
Rated 15 May 2008
The only redeeming quality to this movie is Adam Sandler gets his ass kicked a couple times, which is exactly what should happen to him for making a movie like this.
Rated 16 Nov 2010
Loved it!
Rated 23 Feb 2010
"The first kiss is the best kiss"
Rated 06 Apr 2021
For anyone who saw OVERBOARD and thought "how about we make the gaslighting even more crude and overt?" The central conceit of Barrymore's perpetual memory loss is handled in the cruellest, most tastelessly patronising way, first by her family and "friends" and then by Sandler's creepy and slimy stalker tactics before... I guess we are supposed to find his ultimate love and devotion touching and moving? Some stray chuckles here and there can't overcome the seriously problematic elements.
Rated 20 Jan 2013
Adam Sandler plays "nice guy who meets troubled girl".
As Adam Sandler movies go, this one is almost okay, thanks to going beyond cheap jokes and into occasional serious territory.
While I found certain parts of 50 First Dates to be affecting somehow, the fear of breaking out into something new ultimately makes this just another Sandler film attempting to appeal to girls.
Mediocre Adam Sandler performance, again.
Rated 01 Nov 2008
I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan but this was kinda funny.
Rated 05 Nov 2017
Awful in so, so many ways
Rated 27 Jan 2009
see Groundhog Day instead
Rated 23 Dec 2013
Gross-out humor overwhelms the easy chemistry between Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, who bring some energy and yucks to this tale of a girl with short-term memory loss and the guy who tries to get her to love him.
Surprisingly sweet, albeit implausible.
Rated 29 May 2015
Dumb
I didn't want to like this movie but I admit I've seen it several times.
remember when adam sandler was funny?
Rated 02 Nov 2010
meh
Rated 17 Oct 2007
Would have been a great movie but I'm not a fan of Drew Barrymoore. If you like her than you will love this movie. Great movie to watch when you aren't in the mood for a super sappy movie but want a semi-chick-flick.
Charming enough in it's own way, but necessarily repetitive and a little disturbing if you think about it even a little bit.
Rated 21 Jun 2009
Doesn't shy away from the less-than-savory implications of the concept and uses the Hawaiian backdrop well. A surprise.
Rated 21 Aug 2009
i used to have a crush on drew barrymore
It's like I can't remember it lol!
Rated 21 Sep 2010
Harmless fun, Sandler is better in this type role.
Rated 21 Feb 2017
Sweet and stupid this romantic comedy should be enjoyable enough for most audiences. Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore after "The Wedding Singer"(1998) join back up for this fun twist on a tragic love story of a ladies man marine biologist who falls in love with an art teacher who can not retain new memories. Sandler with a lot of the usual friends help him get Barrymore to re-fall in love with him every day.
Rated 19 Jan 2013
Really sweet movie, with Drew Barrymore, playing her usual "girl you'd bring home to mom" character, and Adam Sandler, crass but endearing as always. Rob Schneider is wacky, also not out of the norm, but he rounds out the cast. What would you do for love?
it was ok not a complete waste of time
Rated 01 Sep 2015
Playboy vet Henry sets his heart on romancing Lucy, but she has short-term memory loss; she can't remember anything that happened the day before. So every morning, Henry has to woo her again. Her friends and family are very protective, and Henry must convince them that he's in it for love.
Rated 20 Nov 2011
I like Hawaii and I like romantic comedies, but this is just too sad if I use my brain too much. (Ha Ha)
Rated 11 May 2012
Lucy is pure wilderness and innocence, bestowed with the power of forgetfulness and eternal childhood. It's also noteworthy that this story of Lucy's domestication and subjugation to patriarchy takes place in an "exotic" island with natives and many wild animals. Adam Sandler is the trickster that uses the means of science and masculinity to give Lucy memory, hence "civilize" her and make her his wife. It is no wonder that the natives "protect" Lucy from this violence of civilization.
Rated 26 Feb 2012
Good date movie
it's just... cute
Rated 27 Dec 2008
Almost the perfect romantic comedy
Rated 09 Jan 2012
Adam Sandler is an acquired taste, most definitely, but his films with the most heart are those in which he shares the screen with Drew Barrymore. The two of them are very good friends in real life and have amazing onscreen chemistry, which is what makes this outing so very enjoyable, despite failings such as the eternally unfunny Rob Schneider.
Rated 23 Aug 2022
It feels a little non con
Not bad considering. Sandler and Barrymore's chemistry carry the film
A surprisingly sweet, heart-felt movie... which suffers somewhat because it's still an Adam Sandler movie.
Rated 02 Feb 2009
very funny.
Rated 26 Jul 2011
one of the best if not THE BEST movie i've ever laid my eyes upon
Rated 05 Jun 2013
An Adam Sandler movie with a ton of heart. I loved this! Not only did it have quite a few funny scenes but if this was a stand-alone romance movie it is a very good one. I also really liked the walrus in this and have decided that they are one of the cooler creatures in this world. I also liked his pet penguin. Drew Barrymore was excellent and it is heartbreaking about the condition her character suffers from but heartwarming that Adam Sandler sticks with her throughout.
Rated 26 Sep 2008
Sehr schöne Komödie mit großartigem Soundtrack
Rated 23 Jun 2010
when i saw the movie i became fan of adam. his timing in comedy is best
Rated 24 Feb 2007
Ok. just to spend time.
Rated 06 Jul 2012
Aside for the shitty Rob Schneider scenes this was much more dramatic then I remembered. Its funny but also sweet in a stupid kind of way.
This movie should _suck_. I'm not a Drew fan. And I've not liked anything Sandler's done since his truly funny "Chanukah Song". Well, until this. It's funny, and manages to avoid most of the stupid goofball comedy bits that drive me up a wall. It has real heart, and the two leads manage to bring across the pain and sweetness of their situation without making me reach for an insulin shot. If you're looking for a nice romantic movie for that Nth date at your house, I suspect this'l
I found it funny enough the first time, nothing special.
I love the on-screen chemistry between Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore, this flick breaks my heart everytime.
Rated 17 Jul 2012
I find the premise to be fairly creepy...
Rated 09 Mar 2007
A fun, romantic comedy about a girl who can't remember back further than the day she had her accident, therefor she keeps living the same day over and over again. Sandler loves her anyway and just as it did in teh Wedding Singer these two have an undeniable chemistry both romantically and comedically.
Rated 19 Aug 2007
Very entertaining.
Rated 16 Jun 2015
#14#, popcorn, story, Drew.B/6C3
Rated 03 Jun 2010
I think this should count as the 50th terribly unfunny romance comedy I've watched. But hey, it could be worse. It could have Rob Schneider in it.... oh wait....
Rated 29 Jul 2009
I actually didn't mind it. Saw it with a girl I really enjoyed the company of
Rated 21 Sep 2017
Fairly funny flick with a lot of heart. Well filmed with nice locations, it is a little overly sappy at times, but I'm sure it was intended. The main cast were all good, and for the most part the supporting cast played their parts well.
Rated 20 Sep 2007
Not one of Adam Sandler's best.
Rated 02 Jan 2011
Typical Sandler fare. Cliched cultural garbage with no depth, consumable by the widest audience possible. Not a terrible film, but I would never pay to watch it.
sandlers worst flick ever, even punch drunk love is better than this