2006
Romance
When an overworked architect (Sandler) finds a universal remote that lets him control his universe, he feels a rush of power. But before he knows it, the remote is programming him, rather than the other way around. (Sony)

2006
Romance

Rated 06 Dec 2020
Sandler's mix of juvenile laughs and schmaltz hit a low point here in this would be conceptual comedy that broadly resembles a lobotomized Kaufman. Casting Beckinsale as his wife is a hard sell, even for Sandler, whose onscreen wives seem contractually obliged to be a minimum of 3+ points above him on a scale of 10 in looks. The ending is all kinds of cringe and almost put it in the red.
Man who the fuck would fast forward foreplay, or anything sexual for that matter, with Kate Beckinsale. Sequel - Click 2: I'm actually a gay.
It can't decide if it wants to fail at making us laugh, or fail at making us cry. Either way, it...fails.
Rated 05 Sep 2009
Transitions from light comedy to being surprisingly emotional. It should have ended at the hospital, though. In truth, I probably like this film more than it deserves, but a small handful of good scenes just win me over.
Rated 15 Sep 2008
Sad. The last five minutes of the movie undermine its own masterstroke, but how often do you get to use the word "masterstroke" in regards to a Sandler film? It's good, but not on a comedic level, despite how hard it tries to be. No, this is a surprisingly affecting movie dramatically that takes some very bleak turns (even if it later undermines them). Winkler, Walken and Beckinsale are all quite good. The make-up is excellent. For an Angry-Asshole-Manchild Sandler movie, it has a lot of heart.
Rated 20 Feb 2008
Its not one of Sandler's greatest films. He should stick to the comedy. Boo hoo he has a lot of stuff going on in his life with work and a family. Well so does everyone else. Man up!!! I am not crying for a Sandler movie, at least not this one. Walken always does a good job with those weird roles, and he doesn't disappoint (but realy it doesn't matter because its a bit part and the movie ain't that great).
Rated 08 Dec 2006
I was drunk as shit when I saw this and I still thought it was terrible
The absolute bottom of the Sandler barrell. Casually misanthropic, misogynist, racist and just plain embarassing. Sandler continues to prove that he will never grow into a mature person, that he's probably never worked a day in his life, and that he's an idiot with nothing but contempt for his audience (who, as evidenced by the box office, love being treated like mental midgets).
This was very conflicting experience. The story was not bad and tried some bold ideas but the screenplay often completely ignores those bold ideas and goes for fart and boob jokes. And the director doesn't help.
Rated 03 Jan 2007
Very depressing towards the end.
Rated 21 Feb 2017
With what seemed like a fun enough comedy premise sadly the film is overflowing with cliches and hokey schmaltz. The movie falls into the not usual tired silly Sandler box, but not either fun broad romantic/comedy or one of his sparse dramatic projects. The movie has its moments and a few laughs, but the heavy hand of the movie smothers most of the genuine heart needed to carry the story.
Rated 29 Dec 2007
if you liked this movie, you are easily manipulated and you have no taste in film
Rated 09 Apr 2007
Ugh. I have to stop even trying to watch Adam Sandler movies.
Rated 14 Mar 2010
Ending hit me hard. It sums up the loss of a life not lived. It touches upon love lost and wasted, and family relations severed. You go through accepting your own death. Very dark.
Rated 08 Aug 2009
Shitty, then makes me cry, then shitty ending.
The ending ruined the whole movie. I would rather have a devastating ending, rather than one which completely bores with its cliches.
Rated 01 May 2007
Kate Beckinsale and Henry Winkler are better than the movie deserves. It's like watching a dog roll around in his own shit and to make matters worse one character indirectly threatens to stick his cock in his mother's mouth. It's enough to make on yearn for Mr. Deeds
Rated 20 Nov 2011
Maybe I enjoyed this more than most because I actually thought of a remote that could control time for everyone else except me when I was a little kid. I also think it's a pretty good movie. It's more drama than comedy and gets pretty dark towards the end. They tacked on an extra ending when I thought it had a perfect one already which was annoying, and as usual in Sandler films there was some (not much) stupid humor. Overall it's a good film that will be shit on just because Sandler is in it.
Rated 10 Sep 2017
I actually found this surprisingly interesting, kind of like a Twilight Zone episode with an Adam Sandler comedy skin wrapped over it. There's some real sci-fi horror to the idea of slingshotting erratically through your perceived life like this and the film doesn't shy away from that. Then there's some dumb shit with farts and hits in the balls and dogs humping stuff. Hey, it's still Sandler.
Click is a weird mixture of innovation and cliche. The cliches get in the way of what could have been a decent drama/comedy, specifically if you simply cut the last five minutes.
Rated 20 Feb 2011
a good idea but not a good way to develop . the movie had a problem on it's end part . the last 30 minutes of the movie is the point I had problem with .
Rated 08 Sep 2007
Fairly bad all around. Good premise, the scene at the end in the rain is pretty touching, Sandler is OK despite his character being easily hatable. Everything else is rubbish.
Rated 13 Aug 2007
We could even argue that it was a decent film, but the big twist towards the end just puts its crappiness beyond question.
In parts, this movie is a very dark and enjoyable drama. The rest of the time, it's Sandler playing himself and fart jokes. If you are enjoying Sandler's well-deserved, ruined life, do yourself a favor and turn it off when the screen goes white. The tension is ruined by the horrible cliche ending.
Rated 27 Oct 2014
Absolutely soul crushing in every imaginable way
Rated 27 Apr 2009
Surprisingly good Sandler movie.
Rated 12 Jan 2011
Rated 29 Nov 2009
The ending was a bit of a let-down, but was necessary to keep the Comedy feel. Seriously, it gets REALLY depressing. I thoroughly enjoyed it up to the false ending, mostly because I love the "universal remote" gimmick. The ending really drags it down, though.
Rated 17 Aug 2007
This film lures you in with the treat of a fun-with-superpowers plot, then turns into a depressing morality play.
Rated 05 Aug 2010
Comedic yet touching at times, Click is a good film. Unfortunately I can't quite put my finger on it but something was just off in this film that stopped me from enjoying it more. I guess at a deep level I can't accept Adam Sandler and Kate Beckinsale as a real couple?
Rated 11 Dec 2011
Surprisingly better than I had anticipated. I thought I was going to watch a typical Sandlerfest of slapstick and shouting however I found myself confronted with quite a poignant movie.
Rated 24 Feb 2010
First half comedy, second half tragedy.
Rated 02 Sep 2011
I was surprised at how much I liked Click. Maybe "like" isn't the right word, because there are times when it is downright awful in terms of how it makes you feel, but it's still a quality film, for the most part. I can see how the shift in town from light-hearted comedy to tear-jerking drama could turn off some people, but I thought it was nice to see Adam Sandler in a more serious role. And the message the film shows us is a good one, even if it's a bit heavy-handed in delivering it to us.
Rated 10 Feb 2008
best seen with button on media player's FF button
Rated 26 May 2015
If only they stopped making sexists/bouncing-boobs/fart jokes...
Rated 29 Sep 2023
One of the few Sandman films for which I would say Sander was being lazy and really just going through the motions (to clarify, that is different from Sandler's penchant for making films with/for his buddies which can be good or bad in an entirely different way).
Rated 06 Jun 2009
What a cheesy idea. What a crappy film. Come on, Adam...you're an artist, make better choices than this.
Rated 05 Jul 2007
If I had a remote for the universe, I'd point it at Adam Sandler and press the power button.
You get what you expect from an Adam Sandler-movie - CLICK ain't shy to fall back on randy dog- or fart-gags, and the gags come fast and plenty and usually hit the mark. But it's not an all-out laugh-fest. The cherry on the cake is the moving parable of a man who turns into a workaholic, walks through his private life on auto-pilot (quite literally) and realizes too late what's really important in life
Rated 27 Dec 2006
Successful mix of comedy and emotion.
Rated 22 Sep 2010
Decently funny and the dramatic ending is actually very good.
Rated 03 Nov 2009
Mala. Considerar genero
Rated 02 Aug 2020
With a little more ambition and intelligence, this could well have been Sandler's GROUNDHOG DAY; more tolerable than the 90s Happy Madison efforts, this coasts on its intriguing premise and a relaxed performance by Sandler, but the denouement's collapse into howling (and pretty depressing) melodrama (imagine killing a fly with a sledgehammer) undermines an otherwise passable diversion. Extra points for whoever decided on the perfect casting of Kavner and Winkler as Sandler's parents!
For all of its sizable detractions, Click does deliver the goods for Sandler fans, whom I suspect will think this one of his better vehicles to date.
Rated 23 Aug 2015
I wish I'd clicked the remote off this sooner!
Rated 26 Feb 2007
A cute, touching comedy that doesn't make much sense and leads to more questions than it answers.
Rated 01 Jul 2008
The ending was sad but overall it was great.
Rated 02 Jul 2009
Other than the usual Bad-Funny autistic laughs Sandler comedies dish out, a pretty shite film. The "Dramatic" elements are horrible, I cannot believe people get choked up over it.
Rated 08 Jun 2009
Crappy script and ditto acting.
Suprisingly a very good movie... the premise has been around for a long time, through urban legends and whatnot (even Goosebumps did a version of it), but it wasn't too bad at all. Good mix of comedy and drama.
Rated 05 Mar 2018
Nope.
Rated 06 Aug 2010
Lame.
Rated 10 Feb 2007
why tere is to much drama in this movie it shoulda been funnier
Rated 06 Nov 2012
Hey! You, the guy who saw slow-mo bouncing boobies at trailer, dont bother watching the whole thing. Thats pretty much only thing this film has to offer you and you saw it on trailer
Rated 10 Feb 2022
The comedy part is almost offensively bad for many scenes, but the emotional twists is as poignant as the rumour had it for the past 15+ years. I knew it was coming, I just didn't expect it to hit home so well seeing it with my own eyes so congrats.
Rated 03 Jun 2008
Very good movie. Adam Sandler proves he can actually play a serious role very well. A tear-jerker at parts.
quite funny, random twist at the end, overall a good movie.
Rated 17 Oct 2007
I watched this movie expecting a comedy...big mistake! I was bawling by the end! It's good but I didn't enjoy it much because of my expectations. Go in expecting a drama and you might enjoy it more....
Rated 26 Sep 2011
Oddly bearable. Turned out to be more of a drama than a comedy I thought. The premise really just wasn't funny, but turned out being surprisingly emotional in a couple parts. Hasselhoff is a joke in real life and always disappoints on screen since he can't act up to his actual life. Walken was good. But the fact that they tried to make it emotional and follow it up with Sandler in fat suit kinda killed both moods. They should have gone for one or the other.
Rated 21 May 2009
meh.
Rated 26 Aug 2008
A nice variation of the classic "Christmas Carol" that quite caught me up until about five minutes before the end. When you see Adam Sandler laying on the ground, turn the movie off and you can add 10 points to what I have given.
Rated 18 May 2008
Predictable and shlocky.
An average romp through some of the usual bathroom humour. A couple of decent moments. It has Walken in it, so that earns a few points too. And I completely agree with Morty's take on Kate's character.
Rated 21 Sep 2010
I guess I didn't think this was that bad. It's typical Sandler.
Rated 12 May 2020
The best Adam Sandler movie IMO. Ok, maybe next to Zohan XD. The movie is very simple, but I somehow loved it very much.
Rated 07 Aug 2009
bored me to tears
Rated 15 Oct 2008
Not bad.
Rated 15 Apr 2009
Would be worth twice the points without Sandler in a fat suit and speaking with a funny voice. No movie can overcome something like that.
Rated 29 Aug 2010
Pretty funny, but too depressing.
Rated 19 Dec 2008
Idiotisk
Rated 28 Apr 2013
Would have had a hell of a lot more respect for this movie if they had ended it without Adam Sandler's character getting a do-over.
Rated 12 Sep 2022
Bad
Rated 20 Jun 2011
The gimmick that's used to establish the "be careful for you wish for" trope is too far-fetched, but the movie is far from being Sandler's worst.
Rated 28 Oct 2014
How dumb this was, I was fully expecting. How much of a downer it was? Not so much. Less fun than Jack and Jill, it wasn't competent as a comedy or a drama or even a dramedy, the product placement was out of control (Bed, Bath and Beyond basically saves this douchebag's life) and the whole thing is pretty insulting to women (but it is Adam Sandler.) Reveals Sandler as the cynical, sexist, racist douche he is. But in this film's defense, it may have featured David Hasselhoff's finest performance.
Rated 13 Apr 2008
This movie manages to get tears out of me every time. Adam Sandler is quite underrated from where I stand, and I love watching both Henry Winkler and Christopher Walken in their roles as well.
Rated 30 Jul 2008
Major props to the make-up department. It was the only thing that made me keep on seeing this piece of crap.
Rated 23 Aug 2008
pretty good for a stupid comedy
Rated 01 Dec 2007
Not memorable and not funny.
Rated 12 Sep 2008
despite many plot flaws and such, it was still a surprisingly entertaining and even touching film. no need to be harsh about it.
Rated 26 Jan 2009
God no. The idea was great, but what have they done with it? This is a weird movie, and this time, that isn't positive.. The acting was kind of horrible to watch and actually, the only part where I really laughed was the ending. But then, the ending was again such a massive cliché-ending.. Not a good movie, could have been much better.
You gotta go into this expecting it to be a notch up in terms of substance from most of Sandler's work. Click is a warm film that has a good message and your standard dose of Sandleresque humor
A film that stepped too far out of the edges of being a comedy and started to become a bit too dramatic. The result wasn't too good.
Rated 28 Feb 2007
Although some may not enjoy his dramatic side, Sandler actually does find a way to deliver in this movie that contemplates missing the finer things in life. In addition it includes some Sandler classic style humor as well.
Rated 27 Sep 2015
#14#, popcorn, Kate.B!/7D5, C.Walken/5D4
Rated 16 Apr 2015
Did you know the Baja Chicken has chef-inspired sauces?
Rated 29 Jul 2009
Fun movie
Rated 23 Oct 2011
Hey, it's Adam Sandler being a nice guy in a heartbreaking story. So silly yet so moving!
Rated 17 Apr 2009
Takes Sandler schmaltzyness and ramps it into practical self-parody.
Rated 28 Feb 2011
Very nice movie. It's very funny in lots of aspects. The actors that work in it are great.
Rated 08 Mar 2019
One of my fave Sandler flicks, this has a few more serious tones than many of his, while still being funny. Great supporting cast especially Beckinsale and Waken, There is also quite a few clever tricks done for the effects.
Rated 18 Sep 2008
Set on the horizon among watcher , Click , in my opinion , is assume to be my all-time drama-comedy favourite.
Rated 01 Sep 2009
If there's one thing i hate it's Hollywood trying to push some high-horse morals down my throat. STOP PREACHING TO ME!
Rated 28 Apr 2009
Really witty and clever comedy. It had a really deep message about how you should enjoy every little bit of life and take it as slow as it comes. There were quite a few moments where I laughed out loud as it reached it's emotional ending. Although they did take the easy way out when the story turns for worse as it was all a dream. Even though they did do that, they made it work and showed how the whole event made him take a look at his life and change it for the better.
Rated 21 Dec 2009
Great premise, treated in a heavy-handed fashion.
Rated 19 Oct 2007
Leisurely and predictable, but very natural and enjoyable.
Rated 17 Dec 2010
Usually Adam Sandler is just plain annoying. Now he's a manipulative sentimental bitch too!
Rated 25 Dec 2012
What a bizzare turn of events... why is this the saddest movie ever?
Rated 07 Oct 2013
dont we all?
Rated 20 Mar 2007
It's a Wonderful Life half-a-century later as Adam Sandler tries to fast-forward through life and ruins everything that means most to him, and then "wants to live again!" Hey, I thought it was plenty enjoyable.
Rated 20 Jun 2008
Hokey? Check. Stupid premise? Check. Christopher Walken parodying himself? Check. This makes for a bad formula. I've come to expect better from Sandler since Punch Drunk Love and this is not it.