Sling Blade
Sling-Blade
Sling-Blade

Sling Blade

1996
A southern gothic tale about a man named Karl, who's just been released from an asylum - some 25 years after he committed a gruesome crime. He returns to the southern town of his youth, where his quiet, gentle manner and simple charm land him a job and lead him to an unlikely friendship with a young boy and his widowed mother.
We weren't able to find any streaming offers for Sling Blade

Life is like a box of sling blades. You never know what you're gonna cut. Throats mostly, I reckon.
Sling Blade is at best a moody character study, directed with fine subtlety by Thornton; Ranks easily among classics like Cool Hand Luke or Five Easy Pieces, and shows you just how much an actor can become quite the wiz, behind the camera aswell. Whether it's the mesmerizing music or powerful acting, I could tell almost every scene had been granted the utmost consideration. One of those films that sticks with you after you've seen it. Recommended!
Nothing too special, not really that bad either. I've seen Billy Bob in too many movies to not notice this was an act but I give him props for pulling it off, it could've easily been really laughable. Gotta love that Jim Jarmusch cameo. His part was actually bigger than Robert Duvall's now that I think about it.
I absolutely love the long takes. The conversations flow perfectly. Thornton's direction completely captures his character. It's simple without distraction. Great film.
I became a Billy Bob believer with this film. It is wondrous and memorable. I'll never forget it, even though I don't know if I can put myself through it again.

Last modified by:macswellMacSwell on 19 Nov 2018