2006
Family/Kids
Manny, Sid and Diego return in another incredible adventure. The Ice Age is coming to an end, and the animals are delighting in their new world: a melting paradise of water parks, geysers and tar pits. But when Manny, Sid and Diego discover that the miles of melted ice will flood their valley, they must warn everyone and somehow figure out a way to escape the coming deluge. (20th Century Fox)

2006
Family/Kids

Rated 30 Aug 2022
More sitcom shenanigans.
Rated 31 Aug 2013
Queen Latifah now joins the cast of celebrities that are keeping great voice actors out of work. The charm and drama that was in the original is utterly lost now - our mournful, introspective heroes trudge along a road and now and again they stop talking and stuff happens to them. Each hero has a single personal issue that needs resolved spelled out for the audience - and my goodness, don't the new team of writers just return to that tiresome angst again and again and again and again and again.
Rated 02 Sep 2020
There are still a few laughs, but jokes miss more often than they hit, and the prescribed romance is a terrible choice for central plot. Powell's soundtrack elevates what it can, but the migration lacks life and drive this time; it feels like the characters are just existing on a treadmill from start to finish.
The only good thing in this movie is small cute animals doing funny slapstick. And even that was better in the original. The plot does not exist. Strictly for the smallest kids.
Rated 05 Apr 2010
The Scrat scenes are great but the rest is downright disappointing compared to the first one. Latifa's character was very annoying.
Rated 29 Sep 2010
More straightforwardly, Ice Age: The Sequel. All the existential angst gives the film more resonance than some other computer cartoons, an ominous low hum drowned out nonetheless by the au courant smart-ass brassiness. The nonverbal squirrel, wrestling with his own existential angst, chasing the unattainable acorn, continues to put in intermittent appearances but ceases to steal the show.
Rated 14 Feb 2007
i saw this on a flight. i though i was going to kill myself.
Rated 11 Aug 2007
The idea is good, but it's written so badly and predictably that it'll be hard for anyone over the age of 15 to truly enjoy it. The original Ice Age was a true family film, that appealed to all ages, but I found this a bit childish. Strongly recommend it as a children's film though, and after all that's probably what it's meant to be.
good family film. has some humor that everyone will enjoy, some purely for kids, and some that only adults will get.
It's narrative was utter failure. Queen Latifah is a truly terrible voice actress. Scrat is really really great.
Preachy and lame, but I still have a soft spot for the scrat
Rated 22 Aug 2008
Not as good as the first, but still pretty cute.
Rated 14 Oct 2008
Still a good and entertaining movie, though nothing compared to the first one.
Rated 23 Mar 2009
Average with a few mildly funny scenes.
Rated 03 May 2009
"Ice Age 2" is gorgeous to look at, but hollow at the core. There's nothing memorable about it as it throws in some sloppy plot about a female mammoth (Queen Latifah) that thinks it's a possum in an attempt at humor for Manny (Ray Romano) to build a relationship with her. The other characters are sidelined, and the only thing worth mentioning are the bits with Scrat, the squirrel, that remain as the only fun part of this sequel.
Rated 09 Jun 2009
Why? Please someone tell me? It couldn't have been because someone read a great script, there wasn't one as far as I can tell.
Rated 31 Jul 2009
A substandard plot, less stand out moments and annoying new characters means this gets nowhere near the quality of the very endearing and well made first movie. Still it not all bad, and there are some genuinely funny moments, and some classy animation.
Rated 06 Mar 2017
The great wacky humour from the first one dried up even quicker than the ice was melting in this sequel. The main trio lacks the snappy new-friend chemistry they once had and the new characters are more annoying than anything else. The one-note plot with the trio's respective personal issues doesn't captivate either (Manny's is just awkward), so some random musical numbers are thrown in to eat up screen time. Fail. At least Scrat's slapstick is still hilarious (see his trip to nut heaven).
Rated 25 Jul 2010
Come on, how can you go from the great first one to this
Rated 25 Nov 2012
I enjoyed the Scrat the squirrel inter-movie. Found everything else pretty painful.
It's OK, the CGI is decent and there are some funny moments, but it's really geared towards children and has none of the charm the first one did.
Rated 09 Feb 2007
It was only slightly worse than the first one which wasn't that great in the first place. Scrat saved the movie as usual.
Rated 17 Feb 2007
Poor sequal.
Rated 01 Mar 2007
Doesn't quite live up to the original, but it does live up to the par of the other films in the Disney Pixar lineup.
Rated 18 Mar 2007
A cute family film that is more impressive for its visuals than anything else.
Rated 03 Dec 2015
B+
Rated 25 Jun 2007
After a while the new female becomes annoying, as do her sidekicks. Scrat makes up for it though.
Rated 12 Jul 2007
Not as original as the first one, but pretty solid.
Rated 28 Jul 2007
A standard CGI kids film rushed together without any real effort.
One of the worst in the recent onslaught of 3-D animation
Ray Romano suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. Animation was good, story was all right, but the charactes just blew.
Rated 19 Jan 2016
Forgettable.
so funny!
I liked this one. Probably more than the first, in some ways. I found myself laughing a hell of a lot more for this one, but I was less interested in the plot, I guess (if there was one). The addition of new characters was fun, especially Crash and Eddie, the little opossum things.
Nice movie, not just for kids!
Do you think the actual plot of this movie is buried somewhere under the ice?
Rated 30 Apr 2019
My SCORING: 99-96=Great; 95-90=Very good; 89-85=Good; 84-80=So-so; 79-70=Boring; Below 70=Forget it.
Rated 16 Aug 2023
The character design is so grotesque it's hard to guess whether it was intentional or not.
Strictly for audiences that like these sorts of cutesy, computer-generated comedies. Top-notch production values help.
Rated 20 Aug 2007
This film is somewhat innane and unfunny
Rated 21 Aug 2007
ok
Rated 14 Sep 2007
Fun.
Rated 14 Aug 2018
I just love this series so much honestly doesn't even have to be good
Rated 28 Dec 2014
A barely-thought-about plot to pointlessly cash in on the characters. The new characters are mostly pointless, and they are abominably voice-acted. Most of the humor falls flat. The shot compositions, lighting, and environment designs are remarkably boring and flat (the first movie had this issue, too, but it could be passed off as a minimalistic design to complement the plot). The squirrel interludes are the best-executed parts, but they are so awkwardly put into the film. Just a mess.
Rated 25 Sep 2007
scrat rocks. i could watch him all day.
Rated 08 Oct 2007
More of the same thing. But still good.
Rated 18 Oct 2007
Not as good as the 1st one because the newness had worn off. Story wanders a bit (no pun intended). But enjoyable.
Rated 21 Oct 2007
Not a big fan of cartoons but this was well done. Themes of friendship, perseverance at all costs.
Rated 12 Jan 2008
Well animated and observed, fast paced and with some of the best opening scenes (the cracking ground) that I've seen for some time. Fun and entertaining.
Rated 27 Jan 2008
wonderfull
Rated 29 Jul 2018
good movie
Rated 16 Aug 2014
A safer, watered down version of a movie that wasn't very good to begin with. The disregard for plausability is regrettable but to be expected, of course. In the final scene, having somebody really wanting to die (to get into Heaven where dreams come true), but getting forcibly revived is hilarious in a deeply disturbing, potentially traumatizing way.
Rated 07 Apr 2008
I think Carlos Santana would have done a better job.
Rated 24 May 2008
funny
Rated 14 Jul 2008
I hate Ice Age. It just tries too hard to be clever.
Rated 17 Jul 2008
It's just as charming as the first film, and the writing is a better 2nd time around. Still no "Toy Story" but definitely entertaining.
Rated 24 Jul 2008
Scrat saves the movie!
Rated 22 Aug 2008
boringggggg
Rated 16 Aug 2014
Boring. The humor seems to be targeted more towards kids this time, which significantly lowers the film's entertainment value. I'm also not a big fan of the new characters. The twenty points are for very realistic looking fur.
Rated 17 Sep 2008
Ikke så god som den første..
Rated 22 Sep 2008
3D motion as it should be.......Ice Age 2 is nothing new without Noah Ark Parody. But notice something , it's more action and less family. That's the way many 3D-Ani go.
Rated 23 Oct 2008
a nice sequal to part 1, wonderfull detail/animation/expressions
Rated 04 Dec 2008
Surprisingly I loved the characterisations, dialogue and wit.
Rated 04 Jan 2009
i loveeee it love it love it!!! crazy animation really":)
Rated 28 Dec 2017
rvw
Rated 22 Dec 2013
Despite its impressive animation and the hilarious antics of the saber-toothed squirrel Scrat, Ice Age 2: The Meltdown comes up short on the storytelling front.
Rated 26 Jan 2009
I love the squirl, the rest of the movie is ok, but I really love the squirl :)
Rated 27 Jan 2009
Really disappointment with this...director and writers they only try to make good the squirrel and the rest like big nothing...
Rated 29 Jan 2009
Some funny moments, but it's undone by annoying characters and uninspired gags.
Rated 13 Feb 2009
Not my cup of tea.
Rated 28 Mar 2009
This lacks some things that made the first one good. But that doesn't make it bad.
Rated 04 Aug 2017
Mediocre retread of the original that only keeps itself afloat thanks to the great animation and good cast.
Rated 02 Jul 2009
Scrat is still hilarious, and the film looks great. The main storyline is predictable though.
Rated 11 Jul 2009
Easy watching comedy with great graphics
Rated 19 Jul 2009
Chasing the acorn
Rated 19 Jul 2009
Animation was good.
Rated 08 Sep 2009
It does nothing to improve upon the first. A few small laughs.
Rated 08 Sep 2009
Not as funny as the first one.
Rated 18 Oct 2009
As a story the worst of the three. I think I slept part of it.
Rated 01 Nov 2009
what happened to the love?
Rated 01 Nov 2009
Not as entertaining as its predecessors, ice age 3 still manages to give you decent laughs and the graphics are the usual world class as well.
Entre Buena y Muy Buena
Rated 12 Sep 2022
This traumatized me as a kid. The terrifying sea monsters bro???
Rated 25 Mar 2016
Not as good as the first one of the series. The movie is becoming more and more for small kids only... which is sad.
Rated 18 Jan 2010
Not as well-paced as the first or as interesting as the third.
Rated 26 Feb 2010
I'm not really a big fan of animated movies like these, but I'd like to say this is an alright family movie, it's definatly worth watching.
Rated 18 Mar 2010
The plot wasn't something to be proud of, but the subplots had a lot more meat to them. I have to take points away for the plot and the predictability of the overall film. And Ray Romano.
Rated 13 Apr 2010
Didn't find this funny at all. Characters really quite annoying.
Rated 17 Apr 2010
For once a sequel and a comedy sequel at that which is better than the original. Things are more exciting and the wider cast allows for some original humour, whilst the original characters maintain what they had previously and build on that.
Rated 19 Nov 2016
More ho hum animation. The voice cast does alright but there is nothing standing out here.
Rated 26 Aug 2010
The two possums made me want to kill myself.
Rated 19 Oct 2010
"Ice Age: The Meltdown acknowledges something the Bush administration doesn't believe in: global warming." - Ed Gonzalez
Rated 28 Nov 2010
Seriously. A couple good jokes here and there. Squirrel tries to get an acorn. Yawn. A couple of CGI animated rape scenes wouldnt go amiss.
Rated 10 Jan 2011
Ótimo filme, mas não mantém a intensidade do primeiro.
Rated 27 Mar 2011
Se vedno zelo zabavno, a morda prevelika pricakovanja.
Rated 15 Apr 2016
A blur.
Rated 05 Sep 2011
It's got neat animation and it should be enjoyable for the kids, but anyone over six months old would acknowledge this to be pedestrian run-of-the-mill Dreamworks Animation sequel.
Rated 29 Jan 2012
Not as good as the first Ice Age; The Meltdown is pretty awful but kids will like and it still has enough humor.
Rated 09 Sep 2012
Looks a bit better than the first one but the story's a bit worse.
Rated 19 Sep 2012