47 Ronin
47-Ronin-2013

47 Ronin

2013
Drama, Fantasy
A band of samurai set out to avenge the death and dishonor of their master at the hands of a ruthless shogun. (imdb)

There's a line in the movie that explains what a Ronin is. So, the makers assume we don't know what a Ronin is. So, the makers assume we are so mindless that we'd go see a movie that, to us, has the title equivalent of '47 Somethings'. Well, screw you too!
Japan where everybody speaks English, and everyone explains what things mean. "You may commit seppuku, death by your own hands." Oh thanks. I thought seppuku meant contempt for your audience. Thanks for the clarification.
I guess I must be on crack or something because I sure as hell didn't think this was THAT bad. Looking at recent fantasy cinema I don't think it's especially worse than either Thor 2 or Hobbit 2 (in fact, I'd rank it above the former, and unlike the latter it doesn't end on a groan-inducing cliffhanger). Yes, the CGI monsters all looked bad. Every one of them. But, those admittedly shitty scenes aside, I found the film visually and emotionally dynamic.
47 half assed story threads but they couldnt find a whole one. An utter mess of shifting tones and styles that cant decide if its trying to be a dumb action movie, fantasy supernatural tale, bland typical samurai story or actually tell the true story
Ridiculous. Every deceit or foulplay is so fucking obvious, yet everyone goes along with it. For "plot's" sake, I guess. There are no memorable events or characters, the movie tends to forget things it established 5 minutes before. the donkeys who wrote this must've been kept in separate cells with no means of communication. you might enjoy some of the imagery and fighting...if you're 12 and have seen few comparable films. otherwise you'd best do seppuku while the intro is still rolling.

Submitted bywadalklaklawadalklakla on 25 Oct 2013