2007
Sport
When rival figure skaters Chazz Michael Michaels (Ferrell) and Jimmy MacElroy (Heder) go ballistic in an embarrassing, no-holds-barred fight at the World Championships, they are stripped of their gold medals and banned from the sport for life. Now, three-and-a-half years on, they've found a loophole that will allow them to compete: if they can put aside their differences, they can skate together -- in pairs' figure skating. (DreamWorks Pictures)

2007
Sport

Rated 04 Jun 2008
There aren't as many laughs as Anchorman but the laughs in this one are just hilarious. Will Ferrell's face during the most unmaly duet figure skating moves drove me to tears of laughter. I know it's essentially a repeat of his other films but I can't deny that I was laughing quite hard and I enjoyed it.
Rated 23 Jan 2011
Jenna Fischer is hot.
Rated 16 Sep 2007
Mildly amusing, but overall as mediocre as you'd expect it to be. It's mostly the same couple of jokes dragged out for the whole movie and the parts with the most potential are cut short.
Rated 09 Jul 2007
Blades of Glory is very funny, and totally ridiculous. The thing is, I don't think it would have the same, laughter-filled effect on me if I had not seen it for free. I might have regretted it more if money had been spent. Pretty good!
Rated 24 Dec 2007
feels more of a sketch than real movie
Rated 22 Dec 2007
Will Ferrell was funny, but Jon Heder was really bad.
Rated 02 Mar 2008
I hate to admit it, but a had a good time watching this movie, it totally cracked me up at some points.
Rated 09 Apr 2007
A bit more enjoyable than Ferrell's "Talladega Nights" and inching its way close to the likes of "Anchorman." The comic-superstar steals every scene from Heder and maintains the goofiness just enough to keep us interested. I can't say this particular character he's now played several variations on isn't wearing thin, however. He's done all he can do here, and needs to find an original character that still fits his humor, but I'm fine giving him one last round.
Rated 08 Aug 2009
JENNA FISCHER IN A FUCKING CORSET (the rest of the movie was very average)
Rated 29 Jan 2010
Very forgetable.
Rated 17 Apr 2007
Moderately funny at best. I went in hoping for something on par with Anchorman, I left disappointed.
Rated 28 Mar 2008
An extremely generic Will Ferrell comedy, with pretty much every actor (Ferrell, Heder, Poehler, Arnett, Fischer, and Nelson) all playing the exact same archetypes they've carved for themselves in other films and TV shows. But they're all good performers, and while this may not be a great film, it passed the time and I had a few laughs.
Rated 24 Oct 2007
Jon Heder, go away.
Rated 03 Feb 2009
The majority of this movie I just didn't find funny. Heder wasn't anything special, and the bad guys (Arnett and Poehler) really didn't do anything to make me laugh either. The only bright part I found in this movie was a scene early on where Will Ferrell is skating in some childrens show dressed as a wizard with a huge costumed head on him. That had me laughing. It was nice to see that Coach is still getting work too.
Rated 31 Dec 2008
It's a bit hit or miss, but has enough to keep you chuckling or flat out laughing. It's weird that I hated Napolean dynamite but I haven't minded Heder in everything else I've seen him in. This is classic Ferrell to. You know what to expect going in to a film like this
Rated 29 Mar 2009
It has some good comedy in it and an Ok story line. Not a movie I'd watch again though.
Rated 16 Apr 2007
Passes the time.
Rated 11 Sep 2007
This movie is all Ferrell, and since he can't carry a movie by himself, it sucks. The entire movie is a vehicle for about 15 jokes and those jokes really aren't that funny. Humorous to be sure but hardly worth sitting through 20 minutes of anything, much less the run time of this film.
Rated 30 Jun 2021
Pam from the Office is in lingerie and there’s Chazz Michael Michaels - Troubled childhood? If you consider a 9 year old kid with a 35 year old girlfriend troubled.
Rated 31 Jul 2007
I don't like Ferrell's other "take a profession in the public eye and turn it into an absurd comedy" movies, nor do I really think that Will Ferrell is funny, but this movie surprised me, Will Ferrell was actually pretty funny. The problem is that almost all of the other characters are lame and extremely boring, not to mention that I'm tired of the extremely unnecessary romantic interests in comedies. All this movie has going for it is the one funny character.
Rated 25 Aug 2007
Surprisingly good.
Rated 31 Mar 2007
It's formulaic and predictable, but of course everyone in the audience knows this so it's not very obtrusive to one's enjoyment of the film. It's not consistently funny, some of the gags fall flat and a lot of the humor is based on watching the leads performing silly routines in effeminate outfits. There are, however, enough big laughs, and I think this is closer in spirit to Anchorman (which I liked a lot) than Talladega nights (which I didn't).
Rated 18 May 2007
Will Arnett. Oh man.
Rated 28 Mar 2008
I laughed a bit, but nowhere near as often as I'd have liked.
Rated 17 Oct 2007
I really enjoyed this one...will ferrel is over the top (as usual) and the gags were hilarious!
Rated 20 Dec 2007
Will Ferrell does good job again. It delivered few decent laughs and i liked the way it parodies the usual sports movies. Nothing special about the story though.
Rated 10 Oct 2020
In many ways a stupid and highly predictable film - and lazy, the use of competitive sport for cheap laughs - but it is funny for the most part.
Rated 17 Sep 2007
null
Rated 23 Jul 2009
Will Arnett and Amy Polar are hilarious!
Rated 31 Jan 2009
Everyone should see this film. It is funny enough for that.
Rated 23 Apr 2007
A lot funnier than I expected.
Rated 09 Dec 2013
The guys this movie refers to, Alexei Yagudin and Yevgeny Pluschenko, really did have a weird rivalry. The superficial, square world of figure skating is ripe for comedy and they made a good use of it. Especially the "figures" in figure skating parts was funny. It is not great but definitely was worth my time during a flight.
Rated 19 Jan 2013
I don't know.
Rated 06 Apr 2007
Certainly, a silly, immature comedy like Blades of Glory isn't going to win any accolades of its own, but, if you're of a sort who likes silly, immature comedies, it certainly will provide more than its share of smiles, and a few belly laughs too.
Rated 21 Jul 2009
I've seen better Ferrel-flicks, but it does pack some giggles.
Rated 18 Dec 2011
Pretty ridiculous of a film. The ending was really unexpecting and kind of funny.
Rated 30 Dec 2007
The fantastic chemistry between Will Arnett and Amy Poehler absolutely steals this film.
Rated 26 Nov 2011
It didn't make the movie, but Jenna Fischer gettin' all sexy helped make the whole thing a positive experience.
Rated 06 Jun 2013
Napoleon Dynamite could have killed Jon Heder's career. He could have been just known for that. Thankfully, Blades of Glory has its funny moments as well, and includes Flash.
Rated 11 May 2009
Ferell = Kind of funny.
Rated 22 Sep 2010
Not one of Ferrells best but there are enough laughs in this to enjoy watching it once.
Rated 19 Sep 2009
ferrell and heder had some funny moments together, but not enough to make this a need-to-see ...
Rated 25 Feb 2017
Will Ferrell attempts to do to figure skating what "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby"(2006) did for NASCAR. Unfortunately, for Ferrell fans "Blades of Glory" doesn't exactly stick the landing. Still contains a solid amount of laughs, but nothing more than average overall.
Rated 10 Feb 2008
The best figure skating comedy ever.
Rated 16 Jul 2009
Not great, but amusing.
Rated 30 May 2010
Synes faktisk den er pinlig. Har sine øjeblikke.
Rated 14 Mar 2024
Pretty funny, Pam is a smoke show.
Rated 30 Dec 2009
good will ferrel movie
Rated 01 Sep 2010
It's funny, but not much else to say about it.
Rated 22 Oct 2007
Disappointing and pedestrian. I'm not sure what I expected but Will Ferrell needs to remember that he's at his best when he's either playing it straight (Stranger than Fiction) or teamed up with Apatow and company (Talladega Nights). Otherwise, he's wasted.
Rated 15 May 2008
Will Arnett and Amy Poehler are the best part of this movie, and the chase scene with Will Ferrell and Arnett on skates was rather hilarious. The rest of the movie is forgettable, and not worth repeating.
Rated 16 May 2016
The jokes are honestly pretty funny, but unfortunately there isn't much of a movie to go with them. I know that isn't the point, but I really found myself wishing for some kind of plot or characters, or something.
Rated 10 Apr 2007
It wasn't quite up to par with his classics like Anchorman and Talladega Nights, however it did deliver quite a few laughs.
Rated 07 Sep 2010
#00s#, popcorn, story, (casting)
Rated 16 Dec 2012
Will Arnett completely saves this movie, but that shouldn't be a total surprise. To it's credit, the actual skating scenes are pretty funny, but it feels like the rest of the movie is trying ridiculously hard to pad time.
Rated 17 Feb 2009
Oh, so bad. In a movie built around Will Ferrell and Jon Heder, they are outshone by 100 times by Will Arnett and Amy Poehler. You'd think they could at least write the main characters to be as strong as the 2nd tier characters, but alas, the comedic cream rises to the top and subverts any hope of people giving a shit about the leads.
Rated 19 May 2011
This one didn't work for me.
Rated 22 Apr 2011
Weak and labored in parts, but mercifully short. Ferrell is of course very funny, but I don't think Heder adds much here (oh, for a young Martin Short!). Poehler and Arnett, on the other hand, make excellent comic villains.
Rated 26 Oct 2007
Highly disappointing script that even these well-paired actors couldn't carry.
Rated 23 Dec 2010
THEY'RE NOT SELLING IT. THEY'RE NOT SELLING IT.
Rated 02 Mar 2008
Blades of Glory was plain and simple, a really bad film. You can't help but laugh sometimes, but I just overall thought it was a piece of shit.
Rated 31 Jan 2023
I think this movie is underrated. As long as you like Will Ferrell's style of comedy, this is a pretty solid comedy movie. Better than you might expect.
Rated 18 Sep 2007
Funny & camp, loved it.
Rated 16 May 2014
Only a few days passed and I already couldn't remember if I liked or disliked the film. Quickly clickplaying trough it refreshed my memory. The cast is just great. Now it's not a movie I'd watch again on my own I as you might guess from how fast it's details clear from memory, but I def would re-watch it with a friend who likes comedy but hasn't seen it yet, there are some good laughs to be shared there.
Rated 16 Sep 2012
Ferrell can still make me laugh. However, I think Arnett and Poehler make the movie... or at least make the movie not terrible.
Rated 02 Oct 2007
retarded
Rated 12 Jan 2010
Quite a funny movie, but again no real plot to it, it felt like it was a stand up show with a plot in it.
Rated 27 Dec 2012
Fairly clever story, mostly decent gags, fun performances by Arnett & Fischer as the villains. Actually quite sweet at times. At 80 minutes, it's exactly the right length.
Rated 13 Jul 2008
Funny, but only to a certain group of people. The Will Ferrell-loving, dumb, Talladega Nights type people.
Rated 22 Jun 2008
Very funny. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did.
Rated 19 Sep 2008
very funny
Rated 16 Apr 2007
It's quick and silly and surprisingly doesn't stray into an endless stream of homoerotic jokes the way you might expect. Rounds out what I now refer to as Will Ferrell's "Big Dumb Guy" trilogy (Anchorman and Talladega Nights being the other two) nicely.
Rated 24 Aug 2008
Hilarious
Rated 05 Apr 2010
Mistake - Spelling Mistake in court scene.
Rated 19 Aug 2009
Hilarious, just like everything else Ferrel had done. First saw it on a trans-pacific flight, and I am so glad I did.
Rated 03 Mar 2015
Surprised me. I'm not usually a fan of Will Ferrell comedies, so why I enjoyed this one as much as I did is beyond me. I'd watch it again.
Rated 21 Feb 2021
Rated 27 Dec 2017
rvw. it wasnt that funny but i liked the story a bit more lol
Rated 29 Dec 2013
I thought this was going to be really good and I was very disappointed when it wasn't really good. (disclaimer: I was neither disappointed or under the impression this was going to be really good)
Rated 01 Apr 2007
I've always thought that Will Ferrel was the only good thing to come out of SNL in the past 10 years. I loved him because I knew that he would be willing to do anything, in any scene. This is by far his best movie to date. This movie is full of huge laughs, and most of the dialog will at least make you chuckle. This is way WAY better than Talldega Nights, which I thought was a steaming pile of horse shit.
Rated 18 Feb 2008
Most of the good parts are in the trailer, but still very funny.
Rated 07 Sep 2007
Much funnier than I anticipated.
Rated 15 Apr 2007
Some big laughs, but most of the roles are wasted.
Rated 25 Aug 2016
Haven't seen for years. Placeholder score until I can rewatch
Rated 08 Mar 2012
I fucking love the name Chazz Michael Michaels. I'll never stop thinking that's hilarious.
Rated 04 Mar 2009
Nope, no good...not even a gay man would enjoy this one.
Rated 25 Jun 2010
Final Rating: 8/100 (F) - A failed attempt at trying to make the audience laugh. A few giggles were heard, but they were probably giggles of how embarrassing and horrible the movie was.
Rated 06 Apr 2018
This is a bad movie. I only laughed at Will Arnett & Amy Poehler, the real stars.
Rated 15 Feb 2013
Rated 31 Jul 2008
I didn't expect to have such a good time with a movie like this, but I have to admit, it's just amazingly funny at some moments. Someone getting hit in the nuts is always a succesful formula
Rated 22 Sep 2007
Blades of Glory lacks the flare and originality to make it even a remote hit with audiences.
Rated 22 Jun 2010
Decently funny. It's the same type of humor in all the other Ferrell movies but it doesn't really match the humor of Anchorman and Talladega Nights. This has more to do with Jon Heder than anything else. In his other movies he has a great supporting cast that can match him in humor. While he has Poehler and Arnett alongside him, the rest of the cast is either underused or mediocre. A few hilarious bits make it worth a watch, but it's better as a rental.
Rated 15 Sep 2008
there is a machine, locked up in a studio office, that lets them punch in story specifics and stunt-casted actors, and it spits out scripts like this one.
Rated 30 Mar 2008
Um roteiro mediano, onde as atuações de Will Ferrel e Jon Heder abrem espaço para boas piadas.
Rated 28 Sep 2008
It's not very memorable, but this movie made me laugh a lot more than I thought it would. Ferrell's extended on-ice dance sequences are hilarious, and he has a few zinger lines as well. Craig T. Nelson as "Coach" is brilliant stunt casting, but the movie gives us a great team of villains (Poehler and Arnett, real-life husband & wife) and does next to nothing with them. Heder is tolerable, and Fitchner is a scene-stealer. Decent fun, but the 'Ferrell plus Sport = Comedy' formula is getting tired.
Rated 29 Nov 2009
Saw this on a date and ended up ignoring most of it, not because I liked the girl, but because the movie sucked.
Rated 01 Jan 2008
Lame
Rated 30 Jun 2007
One of Ferrell's worst
Rated 14 Jun 2009
Was ok, had some laughs, but it had a stupid stupid ending.
Rated 27 Jun 2009