Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store

2007
Comedy, Family/Kids
Welcome to a entirely new and original world where the unthinkable combination of a rat and a 5-star gourmet restaurant come together for the ultimate fish-out-of-water tale. (Disney)
Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft Store

Rat. takes Pixar several laps over other studios again. This time not just technically superior, but also story has a thick fabric. At times it even feels like realism tradition of european cinema , other times usual wishful thinking paves the way smoothly. If Pixar movies can be considered a kind of tweaked genre movies, Ratatouille has the most touch on real life. A quick half hour cut that leaves out the Hollywood bits from Rat. would reveal a movie much harsher in nature.
The best animated film of 2007 once again points out Brad Bird's excellence. Working with that man has been golden for Pixar. Ever since he created "The Iron Giant," his stories and direction have built rich characters and emotions that many believed animated films could never establish. The voice acting is terrific, the characters are memorable and by the end of the movie I was hungry and in the mood to cook. Influence is a strong sign of a great movie!
So incredibly beautiful..everything! They remind us at the end with the "Genuine Animation, no motion capture" disclaimer, and it is damn beautiful animation! This film definitely makes up for Cars which was targeted to a more "blue collar" audience, shall we say. This is the complete opposite, made for artists, snobs, and generally people of passion and intelligence. I LOVED IT! No pop culture references or Sheryl Crow songs or dance sequences, just good characters, story, and animation
I was skeptical about this film up until after about 1 minute into it, by which time I'd developed the distinct feeling that this film would be something truly excellent. I was relieved at the end to acknowledge that my first impressions were accurate. I don't remember the last animated film that "worked" for me as well this one, with its undeniable charm (in all categories). However, I am not in the film's target age group. I don't think the younger generations would be equally impressed.
Will entertain kids just fine, but only adults will truly appreciate its sophistication, craft, and surprisingly thoughtful message. Another masterpiece from Brad Bird and Pixar.

Last modified by:donmezsefadonmezsefa on 31 Oct 2021