2002
Crime
It's been three years since Austin Powers, that swinging international man of mystery, has faced his arch-nemesis, Dr. Evil. But after Dr. Evil and his accomplice Mini Me escape from a maximum-security prison, Austin is called to action once more in this third installment of the highly successful "Austin Powers" movie franchise. (New Line Cinema)

2002
Crime

Rated 19 Nov 2018
A sad attempt to milk every last dollar out of this tired, one-joke franchise. The best things about it are the cameos at the beginning and the always-great Michael Caine, but they're not worth sitting through the rest of this stupidity.
Rated 19 Jun 2021
Very tired rehashed sequel However ... the opening credit celebrity cameo extravaganza will always be the loudest genuine opening night theatre losing their mind experience I have ever witnessed it was insane, when Danny DeVito pops up all Hey Asshole the roof came off the place, totally electric the final avengers movie doesn’t count those people are freaks, no fucking shit all the characters were going to show up you morons what did you think would happen lol baby none of us expected DeVito.
The law of diminishing returns was viciously unkind to the Austin Powers series.
The series started well, at least. Now it's just grasping at straws. Too many attempts at being funny without any laughs.
Rated 09 Aug 2014
The best thing about this movie is Michael Caine, but this shit is rotten.
Rated 04 May 2012
I'm Foxxy Cleopatra. I'M Foxxy Cleopatra. I'M FOXXY Cleopatra. I'M FOXXY CLEOPATRA!!!
Occasionally funny, but relies too much on in-jokes from the previous films. Michael Caine is the best part, but doesn't quite make up for Beyoncé's horrible acting.
Beyonce cannot act.
Rated 29 Mar 2017
There are moments that reflect the energetic creativity of the first two films (see the meta-opening credits, subtitle mix-up at the office, "boobs" naming gag) and the Mini-Me+Austin slapstick scene was pretty funny, but besides that it's pretty much all distasteful potty humour (see especially Fat Bastard after sumo-wrestling), overly sexual and laced with homophobia and misogyny. In this mostly humourless context, the brief yet somehow still incoherent story is beyond aggravating.
Another favourite series of mine. Well-freakin'-done.
A horrible way to (likely) end the Austin Powers series. Tries enormously hard to get laughs, and doesn't. Painful.
It never gets old. Goldmember himself was a bit tiresome but Dr. Evil, Scotty, and Mini-me steal the show once again.
Rated 02 Jul 2021
How long do you think Myers spent trying to think of a title? Or, do you think Goldmember was a quick flash of brilliance? This film is a rehash of all the jokes from the first two films, added with gross-out humour popular during this era. Like, a dude eating his dry skin is gross, but is it funny? Who am I to be the judge? I also like that Austin Powers suddenly has father issues. Funny intro, though.
Getting old.
tired bullshit.
Rated 23 Feb 2007
The first two are great spy flick parodies, but this...this is just awful.
Rated 08 Aug 2009
Jumped the shark after the opening.
Rated 20 Aug 2008
In this third film, Austin Powers lost a little strength, is the least funny, because it is a bit repetitive in jokes. But it is still cool to watch.
Rated 03 Oct 2007
Its ok...i guess...but by now, the innuendo is getting old
Rated 25 Feb 2007
The best in a series that got better with each film. The humor only seemed to multiply with each new character Myers would play.
Rated 15 Mar 2016
This series ran out of steam 2 movies before this one.
I like the idea and some of the new characters but Beyonce ruined this movie. She is not funny and did not compliment Myers at all.
Rated 07 Feb 2009
the best in the trilogy...please make a fourth
Rated 14 Jun 2008
This film has some enjoyable and hilarious moments, but sadly enough it has some depressingly weak moments too.
The worst of the trilogy because it's too aware of itself and relies on repetitive in jokes way too much. It's still funny, but not very satisfying.
Rated 17 May 2008
the first movie i saw in the theatre that made me laugh until i cried. a funny movie, that doesnt get boring, even though some of the gags are recycled, it didn't bother me.
Rated 18 Aug 2009
This movie is a classic, YA BABY
Rated 20 Aug 2015
Seen 2x
Rated 12 Jul 2008
Not the best of the series but raised a chuckle or two.
Rated 06 May 2018
Some funny moments outweigh the negatives, but on the whole its still a largely mediocre comedy that failed to meet my expectations.
Rated 12 Apr 2020
I smiled twice: 2 points. Plus 5 points for the movie in the movie. It's a generous 7.
Rated 14 Jun 2009
I'm pretty sure that the scriptwriters are guilty of self-plagiarism. I mean seriously, it's like this screenplay was "written" using a Xerox machine.
Rated 02 Sep 2008
Not the best Austin Powers by far, although Michael Caine is really good!
Rated 20 Jul 2009
Should have left well enough alone.
Rated 04 May 2008
This movie sucks so hard compared to the first two that I hate it even more than I would if it was a standalone.
Not my kind of humour.
Brainless comedy
Rated 23 Jun 2012
2 of 4 -- Entertainment. 0 of 2 -- Food For Thought. 0 of 2 -- Opens The Heart. 0 of 2 -- Sustainability Values.
Rated 18 Aug 2009
ridicules
Rated 05 Jul 2022
Not even the back of Scott Ackerman's head could save this film.
Is the lore tiring up ?(is this an english sentence ?) hard to be as good as the two previous installments...
Rated 28 Apr 2009
Austin Powers was definitely losing its charm by the third movie.
Rated 28 Nov 2011
Some jokes were good, but it didn't really cut out for me, overall
The jokes are dead, really terrible.
Rated 05 Aug 2007
wasn't as good as the first two
Rated 03 Mar 2008
this one was better than the first 2 ithink
Funny stuff
this one was no where near as good as the first 2
I mean, Beyoncé.
Rated 02 Mar 2007
The series is overstaying its welcome.
Very funny.
I really want to like this movie, because Dr. Evil remains a great character, not to mention that every scene involving the Mole is hilarious and I love the first five minutes with Spielberg. But the Goldmember character is 100% dead on arrival. He simple doesn't work at all, and every second spent on him is a waste of time.
Rated 07 Aug 2011
I loved the first Austin Power's film. Being a huge fan of Mike Meyers, I found it inventive, funny and brazen without being just stupid. The second movie was a bit repetitive, but it has some genuinely funny moments. The only reason to watch Goldmember is to see Seth Green get funnier and the foreshadowing that Kevin Spacey would play a bald super-villain one day. I love Meyers, but I'd rather watch Eddie Murphy's remake of The Nutty Professor (which I abhor) than this crap.
Rated 25 Nov 2012
I like comedy, but it wasn't my kind of comedy. This one had Raunchy comedy, and I hate that.
Rated 28 Jul 2008
Weakest of the three, but Michael Caine is charming as always.
The joke is dead.
Rated 10 Jan 2011
yeah, they definitely didn't understand what was good about the first one
Rated 28 Apr 2011
Dumb? Yes. Repeats some jokes? Also yes. Still funny? Certainly.
Rated 13 Jun 2007
you know the whole movie before you see it
A mainstay of "Watch It cause nothin' else is on" television. With TiVo, it is no more.
Rated 28 May 2008
Good, silly fun.
I love Austin Powers, but this is easily the worst one. They just stole jokes from the second (the best) movie and tried to sell a more ridiculous version of The Spy Who Shagged Me.
His dick is made of gold. Get it?
Rated 26 Oct 2009
Mike Meyers best comedy since Waynes World imo.
Rated 03 Dec 2008
This one caught a lot of flack for not being funny, but I found a lot of parts enjoyable. It was just more hit and miss than the other films. And the ending was shit. At least Mike Meyers is still funny in the lead and villain role, but I just don't think Fat Bastard is funny. So sue me.
Rated 26 Jul 2022
Not very good, has some good jokes but The Spy Who Shagged Me was better overall.
Rated 26 Oct 2008
Funny.
Rated 20 May 2008
The Austin Powers series gets worse as they go, and this is definitely the worst of them.
Rated 07 Aug 2007
Boring, played out, and tedious.
Rated 29 Nov 2010
Yeah, this one had a few cringe worthy moments. I hope the series dies with this one.
Rated 13 Nov 2007
Not even close to the genius of the first two, even if there were some quotable moments.
I might not be exaggerating if I said atleast 80% of the film is rehashed jokes from the first two. The alone made this the weakest film of the bunch.
The opening, man.
Faces the same pros and cons as in the previous Austin Powers movies: alternately hilairious and dumb.
Rated 22 Mar 2007
Fabulously funny. Not quite like the original, but endlessly quotable.
Rated 28 Mar 2010
Can it be considered over-kill if they all technically suck?
Rated 21 May 2014
What the film needs now, is jokes, new jokes. It's the only thing, that this has got, too little of... and that is a major problem! This final film in the trilogy isn't terrible by any means, it just feels as stale as a doughnut left over from the 1970's. Almost every joke from the first two films is repeated again for Goldmember...
Rated 20 Mar 2008
Caine is a welcome addition to the cast, and Goldmember is a great character. Three films deep though, and it's Austin himself who's beginning to lose his allure (having previously lost his mojo). The jokes are just getting tired. No surprise, it's the cameo-laden opener that scores the biggest laughs here. The rest, a few choice quotes aside (particularly "people who are intolerant of other people's cultures..."), is largely forgettable.
Rated 11 Apr 2012
austin powers is always stupid yet somewhat very amusing
Rated 04 Sep 2012
Each entry is a touch worse, just because they can't seem to drop gags that weren't that funny the first time - ugh, Dr. Evil rapping. This time they throw money at the problem - the first 7 minutes is just celebrity cameos - but they can't hide the fact that the series is getting stale. Still, some inspired gags, though all of the good moments aren't revisiting old material.
Rated 21 Mar 2007
Terribly unfunny when directly compared to the first two in the trilogy.
Rated 21 Aug 2007
ok
Rated 26 May 2012
Rated 19 Apr 2017
More of the same, too much of the humor is recycled from the previous movies. The intro sequence saves it from being a failure of a movie and makes it average instead. Seriously though, that intro.
the best of the three IMO
Not as good as its predecessors, but still has its moments.
Rated 19 Aug 2009
Please don't make any more.
Funny but not as good as the previous editions. Beyonce sucked.
Rated 30 Dec 2008
Same as the other two movies but not funny any more.
Someday, Hollywood will know when to say when...someday.
Rated 10 Jan 2010
Mindblowing that Myers has this difficult, perfectionist reputation considering the films he's made.
Rated 16 Jun 2012
Better than the second
Rated 15 Dec 2008
My ex as obsessed with this movie. One summer's day I had to watch it three times in a row with her. I think that may be why I judge this movie so harshly.
Rated 05 Feb 2008
Lols ahoy!
Rated 05 Feb 2015
Goldmember is the third and likely to be the last Austin Powers feature. Once again the series treads old ground and heavily relies on new character additions to differentiate itself from its predecessors. Mike Myers again does what he does best and with Goldmember he adds another character to the mix. The casting of Michael Caine was a stroke of genius and he steals the show here. And there's some hilarious cameos too. But otherwise the humour is once again recycled, milked dry and tired.
Rated 22 Mar 2020
Seen: 2.
Rated 31 Aug 2009
Vul. Gar.
Rated 12 Jan 2010
"Get in my belly!"
Rated 11 Dec 2023
This is definitely the weakest of the three Austin Powers Movies. It's mostly just throwback jokes from the first two. There are some fun moments though. Beyonce is stepping outside of her comfort zone in this movie and that's fun to watch.
Very funny