300: Rise of an Empire
300-Rise-of-an-Empire

300: Rise of an Empire

2014
Drama, Fantasy
The Greek general Themistocles battles an invading army of Persians under the mortal-turned-god, Xerxes. (imdb)
Franchise: 300

I was not a big fan of 300 but I thought the fight scenes were awesome, and I was at the very least entertained by it. Rise of an Empire is a whole other story. Not only were the action sequences significantly worse than the original, but the amount of cheese the dialogue contained in this would be more than enough to turn all the French into gluttons. And Persian suicide bombers? Ancient terrorists? Are you fucking kidding me? I am not one to get offended, but fuck was I ever offended.
Action! CGI blood! Fight! Action! Slow motion! CGI blood! Fight! Slow Motion! Fight! Blood! etc etc etc
Rarely does one leave the cinema regretting no appearance of Gerard Butler. But I actually did. Stapleton, a good actor, doesn't provide enough oomph, and Eva Green, in a ridiculous role, haven't got the required flair for going big that added a lot of fun camp value to '300'. She does, however, flaunt her (decidedly un-spartan) spartans. Which, as always, gives rise to... ehm, applause? Jokes aside, the action scenes are energetic, the pacing swift and, crucially, it's only 102 minutes long.
I was confused whether to die laughing or get an erection during that Eva Green sex scene. The action is pretty cool in that comic-booky way that the first 300 popularized.
Oh mighty Ballsuckalas tempt thy fates as Bonerclese annoints Fartusia with the WHATEVER MOVIE DONT CARE EVERYTHINGIS DARK AND CLOUDY AND DONT END LIKE THAT

Submitted bywadalklaklawadalklakla on 29 Nov 2013