3:10 to Yuma
310-to-Yuma-2007

3:10 to Yuma

2007
Drama, Crime
A small-time rancher agrees to hold a captured outlaw who's awaiting a train to go to court in Yuma. A battle of wills ensues as the outlaw tries to psych out the rancher. (imdb)
Peacock Premium

A true western epic. Stunning and acted brilliantly from start to finish, 3:10 makes an excellent first impression, one which never ceases to fade away thanks to a gripping plotline, spectacular gun-slinging sequences, very interesting characters and great direction. Coupled with a brilliant soundtrack and an excellent cast 3:10 has single-handedly resurrected the genre. The western has had a long time to be perfected, but this is one of the small few which can claim to have truly cracked it.
3:10 To Yuma was a terrifically acted film. It is very slow off the start but the pacing starts to build up around halfway through, and the action sequences and ending were all fantastic.
This is, without a doubt, a very lame attempt at western. The dialogue is sub par, the acting is stale (even from Bale), the musical score is forgettable. Russell Crowe's portrayal of "the cool criminal" is exceptionally annoying and pushing believability. I guess the producers didn't receive the memo, the western genre was concluded with Eastwood's Unforgiven.
Having played Red Dead Redemption, it's easy to see this was a stylistic influence; the music and framing of gun battles, especially. It had everything I look for in a Western of this kind: Gritty badlands and lightning-fast action aided by an incredible cast of characters; notably Bale, Crowe and Foster. Well-scripted discussions of morality, honor & respect make the complicated relationship between rancher and outlaw grow at a believable pace. For me that made the ending intense and poignant.
They'll hang me in the morning.. Loved the part when they sang it for the first time. Loved the entire film actually. There aren't much films in this genre, and surely not many good westerns. But this is one of the best westerns I've ever seen. The shoot scenes are awesome, Christian Bale is great and Russell Crowe.. I love the way he plays the gentleman-killer. His character is one of the best I've seen lately in movies. Good remake! What do I say? Great remake!

Last modified by:wadalklaklawadalklakla on 15 Jun 2012