The-General
The-General
Amazon Prime VideoAmazon VideoApple TVfuboTVMGM Plus Amazon ChannelParamount Plus Apple TV Channel
Google Play Movies
Popflick

The General

1926
Comedy, Action
When Union spies steal an engineer's beloved locomotive, he pursues it single handedly and straight through enemy lines.
Google Play Movies
Public Domain Movies
Kino Now
Cohen Media Amazon Channel
Popflick

The "train chase" sequences in this film are more entertaining and ingenious than any car chase scene I have ever seen or ever expect to see. The parts that don't take place on the railway are great too, but it's those long, perfectly paced train sequences that make this a classic.
The stunts... my, oh, my, the stunts. I was continually blown away by what Keaton was able to pull off, as he keeps topping himself throughout the movie. It's all incredibly funny to boot.
This is film entertainment at its best and purest. Action, adventure, drama, comedy, romance, all of the highest caliber. The train chases are some of the most entertaining sequences in film history, with unmatched choreography and stunts to bolster them. The big battle scene at the end is one of the best I've ever seen. There aren't enough superlatives for this movie, but to date it's arguably the best silent film I've seen.
God damn Buster Keaton is boring nowadays
For a great silent action/adventure/comedy that you can see online, go with "The General"(1926) and save some TRAIN!

136 Collections including 81 Collaborative and 55 Public