The Sound of Music
The-Sound-of-Music

The Sound of Music

1965
Drama, Musical
A woman leaves an Austrian convent to become a governess to a Naval officer widower. (imdb)
Amazon VideoApple TVHuluDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVudu
Microsoft Store

♫ pre-dict-able plot-lines and chee-sy ro-man-ces ♫ o-ver-hyped clas-sics and mu-si-cal dan-ces ♫ mild-ly an-noy-ing small chil-dren who sing ♫ that will ne-ver be my fa-vo-rite thing (... but, hey, it's hard to truly hate this.)
This movie may be a tale about a strict family who is brought together by a governess, but it really highlights the problems that people had because of the Nazi's. The movie is really easy to sing along with, and is a joy to watch. Sometimes you may find yourself humming some of the tunes in your car, and laughing at all of the humor. I particularly love the song about "My favorite things" because it really does help during a horrible thunderstorm!
I'm not inherently against wholesome family films. Granted, it's not my favorite kind of movie, but if it's entertaining enough (The Wizard of Oz), I'm all for it. But this is just too much. This precocious brood of rosy-cheeked little moppets is too sugar-sweet for my tastes. I don't even like the songs that much, which is unfortunate because just about all of them are sung twice. The scenery and color is lovely, though, and at least it's not too dull for a 3-hour picture.
Just not to my liking. What's the deal with the final act? It's as if they realized the film is missing some dramatic weight, so they decided to throw NAZIS to the front of the narrative. It's like a totally different movie.
I am just SO BORED BY THIS!!!!!

Submitted byjdb361jdb361 on 30 Mar 2006