1997
Drama, Suspense/Thriller
Wolfgang Petersen's gripping thriller about an uncompromising U.S. President (Ford) who has just told the world he will not negotiate with terrorists. When Russian neo-nationalists hijack Air Force One, the world's most secure and extraordinary aircraft, the President is faced with a nearly impossible decision to give in to terrorist demands or sacrifice not only the country's dignity, but the lives of his wife and daughter. (Sony)
Directed by:
Written by:
Starring:
Countries:
Languages:

1997
Drama, Suspense/Thriller

Rated 11 Nov 2014
Kinda funny how the president can speak Russian, snap a terrorist's neck like a twig, hack the electrical system of Air Force One and still need help sending a fax.
Rated 17 Jun 2016
If John McClane was President.
Rated 24 Feb 2007
GET OFF MY PLANE
Rated 14 Nov 2009
Ridiculously patriotic but somehow Harrison Ford makes it work. Heck, I'd vote for him!
Rated 10 Jan 2010
Holy shit those graphics at the end.
Rated 25 Feb 2007
Another unintentionally hilarious, improbable film. GET OFF MY PLANE!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!!!!1111!!11!1!!!11111!1!!!!!!!
Wow! USA president is stealth swat superman! He rescues his family, USA, the whole world!!!! And Americans are watching this? Americans are stupid!
Rated 17 May 2009
Generic, patriotic action movie where Han Solo has been elected president of Coruscant and murders Armenian terrorists on a plane, or something like that. It doesn't even matter. Air Force One isn't bad, just average. Textbook average. There isn't a single aspect of this film that can't be described as average except its averageness, which is an extraordinary kind of averageness usually only reserved for confectionaries of British origin. Two hours of Gary Oldman cashing a paycheque.
Rated 26 Jun 2011
GET OFF MY PLANE!!!
Rated 01 Oct 2014
Air Force One is an undeniably enjoyable 90's action film. It's absolutely ridiculous and completely unrealistic but I always enjoy watching it. Its incredibly patriotic and dumb but somehow to his credit Harrison Ford makes it work. Gary Oldman isn't at his best though. The President of the US turns action hero and singlehandedly takes down terrorists who have hijacked Air Force One. It's hilarious how farcical this film really is. And the finale defies both logic and gravity. GET OFF MY PLANE!
Rated 16 Dec 2006
This movie is kind of funny. Mostly when it's not trying to be funny.
Rated 09 Jul 2007
Get off of my screen.
Very surprised at how much I liked this. Some good nail biting action.
Get off my plane!!!@@@!!!
Harrison Ford for president! He's been Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Jack Ryan, and even John Book (Witness); now he's POTUS. The story is so implausible, the movie should be trash. But it works, it actually works! Oldman is slimey as always, and Close is believable as the veep. Great action!
Really great action movie brought down by a few ridiculous scenes and some really poor CGI. Oldman totally carries the film (naturally), and it's always nice to see Dean Stockwell getting work. It's over the top, and completely laughable as a serious movie plot, but it's a great simple movie that does what it sets out to do.
Of the many Die Hard knock offs, this might be my favorite; crazy intense with lots of killer fight scenes and snooping around. Harrison Ford is perfectly cast and I dare say that as villainy goes Gary Oldman's crazy terrorist here would almost be able to go up against Hans Gruber. Real Americans love Air Force One.
Rated 10 May 2008
Worth watching for the 'get off my plane' line. Other than that? Ehhh...
Rated 29 May 2008
Harrisond Ford as the president of USA? Why not?!
Rated 12 Jan 2010
This movie is ridiculous. And wow did those special effects not hold up at all.
Rated 18 Mar 2007
Action packed but pretty average overall. It's a fun thrill ride but nothing more.
Rated 22 Mar 2007
Go back and watch it again, it's cheesier than you remember. Plus it ends like a half-hour after what seems like the logical closure point.
"I'm counting on you, red, white and blue."
git off my plane lolz
One of the better action-thrillers of the nineties. Harrison Ford is unbeatable, and Gary Oldman, as always, is incredible.
Rated 24 Nov 2007
American bullshit.
Rated 04 May 2008
Get off my plane!
Rated 19 Jul 2008
Harrison Ford with the constipated face on the whole time. The plot is pretty much crap. Don't see it.
Rated 11 Sep 2008
Bad and one-dimensional? Yes. Is Ford a badass who could have successfully run for president after this? Absolutely. I think President Bush used this as his presidential ideal: watching a football game, not negotiating with terrorists, kicking their ass off his plane, then flying tethered to AFO just before it explodes - and there's no Congress to be found, thank God, and may He bless America.
Rated 14 Dec 2008
GET OFF MY PLANE
Rated 22 Dec 2008
Harrison Ford doesn't get older, he just levels up.
Rated 12 Jan 2009
A brainless film with a completely absurd plot. As an action movie, though, it's serviceable--doesn't waste too much time in the beginning before people start getting shot, keeps the tension up through one stupid turn of events after another, and finishes it all off with a massive explosion. Oldman is particularly fun to watch in this. And hot, also.
Rated 06 Oct 2009
President Ford demonstrates he's got the best odds for a second term since President Pullman.
Rated 12 Oct 2009
Until Snakes On A Plane came around, this was the most stupid set-up for a aerial suspence-thriller.
Rated 24 Dec 2009
An expensive, hollow thriller.
Rated 21 Feb 2010
It's a really silly film that tries to approach the president becoming a real life ass kicking hero as something serious to consider. It is played completely straight faced so there isn't even enough camp value to look back on fondly. It has some rather stupid plot devices and one liners. The effects are terrible even for '97.
Rated 06 Jun 2010
Serious misuse of Gary Oldman. And Harrison Ford, I guess. And Dean Stockwell - probably more so than Harrison Ford - but still, Harrison Ford could have done better. And William H. Macy and Jurgen Prochnow were in this? Man, you can barely tell. And - you know, this is exactly the kind of movie Harrison Ford should be making around that time in his career.
Rated 21 Jun 2010
The family man of the film world, Harrison Ford. He did not disappoint.
Rated 12 Apr 2012
Everything about Harrison Ford's face on that poster says, "GIVE ME BACK MY SON!" even though that's not the plot of this movie.
Rated 27 Dec 2014
Stupid but mildly fun.
Rated 06 Feb 2015
This really happened to Millard Fillmore. True story. I mean, they changed some of the facts, like the fact that Air Force One wasn't a 747 at the time, but the general plot remained the same.
Rated 12 Mar 2016
"Get off my plane!" A truly terrible movie, make no mistake, but if you're in the right, mindless mood, cheesy fun. REALLY cheesy. But mostly awful. Harrison Ford often has this befuddled look on his face as if to say, "What the fuck am I doing in this crappy movie??"
Rated 05 Feb 2018
Secretly one of Ford's best films. Gary Oldman kills it as well.
Rated 19 Jun 2021
President Die Hard I would probably be very uncomfortable with Harrison Ford flying me anywhere now. Trump's escape pods parachutes didnt deploy, aw nuts what a shame.
Rated 05 Dec 2006
Oft-pleasing but wholly stupid political cartoon. Audience ate its jingoism up- this wouldn't fly today.
Horrible special effects, and a laughable premise, but still good action bits and Gary Oldman is still a great villian in any movie.
Rated 30 Dec 2006
Get off my plane
Rated 26 Feb 2007
Watchable.
Rated 27 Feb 2007
The only part of this movie I remember is Harrison Ford jumping out of the back of AF1 with a parachute into the darkness of the night.
Rated 02 Mar 2007
Indiana Jones narrowly escapes the crash of a CGI aircraft.
Rated 11 Mar 2007
Harrison Ford flaunts his talents in his perfect role as a President hwo must fight to stop terrorist from hijacking his plane.
Rated 26 Mar 2007
Get off my plane
Rated 27 Apr 2007
I liked it...but I have always liked Harrison Ford action movies
Rated 03 May 2007
"The President becomes action hero" is a great concept that's been squandered here by a silly script. Plus this whole thing reeks of the "cult of personality" around the head of state so often seen in totalitarian regimes. I have often thought that this should be titled _Airport '97_ instead
Rated 22 May 2007
Harrison Ford at his action hero best, proving that he isn't too old to tackle those evil terrorwrists :)
Rated 26 May 2007
No way, but decent flick none the less.
Rated 31 May 2007
GET OFF MY PLANE! Gary oldman is a great bad guy
Rated 01 Jul 2007
Get off my plane!!!
Rated 12 Jul 2007
Really cheesy. Ford kind of makes it work. Kind of.
Rated 25 Jul 2007
Run of the mill 90's action flick but still entertaining. GET OFF MY PLANE!
Unintentionally Funny.
Uh ... not baaaaaad ... not goooood ...
Air Force One is just a popcorn flick...enjoyable
While never approaching the brilliance or the message that made Das Boot so interesting, Harrison & Glenn manage to deliver banal lines & plot with enough energy to be moderately convincing. Gary is difficult to understand and we don't care what he has to say anyway. Some cool explosions and jet stuff. I wasn't expecting much out of this and it delivered. Frequently slow.
Just one word can be said about this film: mediocre.
I've seen it somewhere, but it obviously wasn't good enough to make me remember it.
Worse than I remembered, but entertaining nevertheless.
Good action flick
It was an action flick with Harrison Ford. What can I say.
My president is a hero, oh ... fall in reality ... your president is Bush... lol .. ridiculous patriotic american movie.
A taut thriller that's not all that memorable.
GET OFF MY PLANE.
harrison Ford rocks!
Pretty much tripe. Ford is one of my top 3 favorite actors, and this movie is one reason he isn't #1.
Rated 22 Aug 2007
crap
Rated 30 Aug 2007
Good action flick.
Rated 01 Sep 2007
An awful rendition of the politcal action thriller.
Rated 04 Sep 2007
Exhilerating action flick, most of which can be attributed to Petersen's solid direction. Ford and Oldman are great and the CGI isn't bad enough to be distracting. I gotta quote this: "Get off my plane!!!"
Rated 12 Sep 2007
After you've seen it, you realize it was more about contrived special effects and stunts than a believable story line. Some really awful acting in some cases.
Rated 16 Sep 2007
Zero suspense and iffy F/X make this a forgettable yet well acted film.
Rated 16 Sep 2007
I kind of liked this movie. Harrison Ford proved he is still one of the best out there with this performance. It was moving and yet not too full of junk getting in the way.
Rated 20 Sep 2007
love it
Rated 15 Oct 2007
I like this movie a lot... it's intense and action-packed. And Harrison Ford is a good actor.
Rated 16 Nov 2007
An exciting action-thriller, mostly brilliantly executed, but the final twenty minutes feels a bit too extended.
Rated 16 Nov 2007
eh. entertaining.
Rated 12 Jan 2008
Fast paced, real thriller well acted and well paced. A good thriller.
Rated 27 Jan 2008
good film
Rated 02 Feb 2008
i'm really not into political movies. they are so boring and seem a lot longer than they really are. this one is also unintentionally funny. harrison ford is arguably one of the best actors, and there are also some good not so famous actors. but this movie pretty much wasted their talents. would have gotten a much higher score if it was a low-budget tv movie of the week.
Rated 25 Feb 2008
sensless action thriller-
Rated 22 Mar 2008
Another Petersen film where he creates great atmosphere and mood to go with an average plot.
Rated 27 Apr 2008
Filled with silly clichès and unabashed patriotism, but so much fun.
Rated 28 May 2008
I know I've seen parts of this on tv, and it has never gripped me enough to bother watching it all. But then again I don't like Harrison Ford.
Rated 24 Jun 2008
I like harrison ford.
Rated 26 Jun 2008
Get off my plane!
Rated 07 Jul 2008
Sublime villainy sums up this movie perfectly. Gary Oldman, once again, demonstrates that with a weak storyline, a ruthless villain can shoulder the weight of this tepid movie. Although exciting and pulse-pounding at times, it rarely reaches the exhilarating sensation of flying at 30,000 feet above the ground. Harrison Ford and Glenn Close both respectful in this film nonetheless fall very short in intensity and emotive weight required for a President and VP in such trying times.
Rated 12 Jul 2008
Thank you harrison ford for being so awesome. Name one bad Harrison Ford Movie. I can't.
Rated 06 Aug 2008
Yes, the film is mostly dumb, unbelievable, and too heavy on its action (the plane freaking blows into watery smithereens at the end). But I would still, to this day, vote for Harrison Ford for president. He commands a bad movie to awesome. And Oldman transcends his normally-lame villain to awesomeness based solely on the fact he's Gary Oldman.
Rated 17 Sep 2008
Ganske god, typisk Ford
Rated 21 Sep 2008
Wasn't that good as what people are saying. But it had its moments.
Rated 21 Sep 2008
All right movie, i do like Harrison Ford and action-thrillers at all.

Directed by: