2002
Crime
Thorny, Rabbit, Mac, and Foster are Vermont State Troopers stationed in the boonies on the Canadian border. When they find out that the state has targeted their low-volume station for a potential budget cut, the guys attempt to straighten up their act but find it's not so easy to change their brazen ways. (Fox Searchlight Pictures)

2002
Crime

Rated 12 Dec 2019
"Why don't you just order a large, Farva." "I don't want a large Farva." Jay Chandrasekhar announcing he is all that is man after chugging some diner's syrup is the stuff of legend. A gentlemen never asks. A lady never tells. "Biker, I'm an idiot."
Rated 31 Oct 2008
I LOVE THIS FILM BUT I FEEL THAT LOVE NEVER ENDS LIKE THAT.
Rated 30 Apr 2014
I don't tend to go for this kind of comedy, but it's okay every meow and then.
Rated 01 Mar 2007
Hilarious
Rated 09 May 2010
Not as funny as promised by my jaded peers.
Indeed it's a stoner movie, which I normally detest, but this is actually very funny. Packed with ridiculous situations, hilarious dialog and tons of over-the-top characters the sheer absurdity of it all results in some serious laughs throughout the entire film. It's rare that a movie can keep you laughing all the way through but this movie starts out strong and doesn't stop.
Super Troopers is very funny, but the humor is low-brow, and the whole movie might be a little too ridiculous for its own good. It's a good movie to watch when you have a case of Mountain Dew, some pizza, a bunch of friends, and you're no older than 21. Meh!
Rated 28 Jan 2018
S.T is an overrated 'cult' comedy that's like a series of weak sketches devised by a Youtuber, despite the fact that it predates the tech by years. The fact that the plot seems arbitrary in its looseness is not the problem, and the cast work well as an ensemble. The issue is that the jokes miss more than they hit; the attempts at dry humour don't fly because they lack wit, and the over the top gags fail because they aren't nearly outrageous enough. The physical comedy is also poorly executed.
null
Rated 27 Oct 2017
A standard comedy in a lot of ways, with its male-dominated cast, mediocre plot, and juvenile sexual humour that accounts for most of the dud gags (see the German couple, bear sex). That said, there's more laugh-out-loud scenes than not (see Farva at the burger joint-"don't spit in that cop's burger"), and the lovably corrupt ("but our shenanigans are cheeky and fun!") crew of cops (sorry, I mean troopers) have excellent comedic chemistry and thus rarely fail to entertain throughout.
Rated 30 Nov 2011
Lazy, unengaging, sloppy movie that hardly has anything funny or memorable happen. Many of the attempts at humor were so dry and flat that you sit there in a state of awake sleep. Nothing happens to keep you interested, it just slogs along til the end.
Rated 17 May 2008
i've seen it about ten times and always find something to laugh at, not many comedies can do that. it may be crude, and a stoner movie, but it is HILARIOUS
Rated 01 Oct 2021
Really not enough laughs, but it's somewhat amusing in the most childish way.
Rated 04 Sep 2012
Of course, I'm not the target audience demographic here, being over 16, not stoned, drooling, drunk or duct-taped to something which prevents me from calling for help or changing the channel. Still, it's entertaining for what it is, whatever that was.
Rated 14 Dec 2006
Mother of God.
Rated 20 Dec 2006
amazing movie, stands out high above the other broken lizard films. awaiting the sequel!!
Rated 24 Jan 2007
A lot better than I was expecting, and much better than the limp "Beerfest".
Rated 05 Jan 2010
This film is by no means a revolution in cinema but it does what a comedy needs to do, make you laugh from beginning to end. This is one of the funniest movies I have seen and one of the most rewatchable as well. It's really too bad that Broken Lizard's movies since have been lacking (Beerfest was OK but CLub Dread wasn't very good).
Rated 08 Jun 2007
Not as funny as some people insist it is, but it still has some good chuckles.
Rated 23 Sep 2010
Completely unique flavor of humor works very well. The best of the Broken Lizard films.
Rated 09 Nov 2009
This troupe's off-the-wall comedy is brash, in-your-face and quite funny, but it eventually wears thin as the film succumbs to the requirement of having a plot, which proves not to be a very interesting one. It struggles when compared to another comedy like, say, American Pie, which had likeable characters, a well-structured plot, and some juvenile jokes to boot.
Rated 16 Jan 2010
I watched this when I first started smoking weed and at the time was convinced it was one of the best comedies ever made. Rewatched it soberish and had to revise my opinion drastically downward. For what it's worth I think it's still the superior 'stupid stoner' comedy over Half-Baked. If you don't find the first ten minutes funny you might as well turn it off.
Rated 10 Jul 2007
Damned funny but overrated.
Rated 10 Sep 2010
It's OK, I guess. Pretty stupid but at least it gets some laughs.
Rated 04 Feb 2009
A cast that works very well together to make a genuinely funny movie that unfourtunatly begins to drag when the plot kicks in.
An overrated comedy of epic proportions.
Rated 19 Apr 2010
spark up a fatty, sit back and press play, then laugh your ass off.
Surprisingly funny.
silly and thats ok.
Rated 13 Oct 2017
Cheap, juvenile humour placed in a unique film solidly aware of its own silliness; enjoyable.
Rated 14 Feb 2017
Instantly insanely quotable, the movie has jokes that stay with you for years. Broken Lizard's cult comedy classic about a group of State Troopers and their high-jinks has become a stoner-comedy staple.
Rated 23 Apr 2008
Classic stuff, one of the funniest opening ten minutes in ages!
Rated 05 Aug 2009
Kind of a lazy classic
Rated 08 Jan 2011
Yeah... a errr.. litre of cola..
Rated 27 Jul 2008
I wish there was a ranking above 100. This movie got me through University.
Rated 27 Jul 2008
Very funny stuff. Too bad I can't give a funny review worth shit to honour it.
Rated 23 Sep 2008
There is not a masterpiece, it is true, but it gives to get some good laughs, it gives.
Rated 12 Oct 2008
Half of this movie is completely awful. But it redeems itself by having about two or three pretty funny scenes in it. There isn't really any kind of plot though...
Rated 27 Nov 2006
It has some good gags, for sure. It's far from hilarious, though.
Rated 29 Nov 2006
I love this movie. Bar-none, it's the most rewarding "multiple viewings" comedy I've ever seen: I didn't even notice the stuff that truly makes me laugh (the expression on Thorny's face when Rabbit blows their prank, Foster's suspicious glance when Mac repeats "For O'Hagen", the callback to where Thorny derives his authority from, and countless others). See it. And if you think it's a little boring the first time around, like I did: See it again.
Rated 01 Dec 2006
Solid comedy that was made for nothing. Gotta respect it.
Rated 01 Jul 2009
Uh-Oh some people may have thought I was true snob up until this point, but now I am sure that I have been deflated. You know what I don't care what you think. This movie was hilarious and I can watch it anytime and still find myself chuckling at all the same old scenes. To me comedy doesn't get funnier than this. It does tend to slow down in the end, but heck you need sometime to recover from the stupideness until then.
Rated 24 Feb 2007
Not changing my rating for now, but it didn't quite work as well on this re-watch. Maybe I was not in the proper mood. There are still funny gags and the chemistry between Broken Lizard members works well, but it gets pretty basic when the plot advances and some of it feels dated - which is probably natural after 20 years. It was funny to see Brian Cox in this after watching him in 3 seasons of "Succession".
Rated 24 Feb 2007
This would be great to watch if you're stoned. Probably. To be fair it's still quite entertaining if you're not under the influence.
Rated 24 Sep 2021
Dude..... Like what. I can't remember this movie.... It's in a haze.... a purple haze.....
Rated 11 Oct 2010
So far, this is my favorite of the Broken Lizard franchise. I've heard rumors of a sequel.
Rated 14 Jul 2009
littering annnd?.....
Rated 21 Mar 2007
Another one that grows on you over time, this one not as much as others, but the humor becomes a bit infectious if you get into it. The opening scene is great.
Rated 23 Apr 2007
Ridiculous, silly, quotable, lots of fun.A somewhat-guilty pleasure.
Rated 26 May 2007
Meow?
Rated 11 Jul 2007
Everytime I see this movie I laugh just as hard as the first time.
Rated 21 Jul 2007
Stupid.
Rated 03 Oct 2019
GREAT OPENING. Rest of movie is only ok
Rated 20 Sep 2012
As uneven as one could get. This movie for sure has some hillarious and well-written stuff, but also some lame, shitty ones. By the way - is it me, or does Brian Cox sound a little like Chris Walken. Let me know.
Rated 11 Jan 2023
With a really good cast including the legendary Brian Cox, an endless array of super quotable dialogues and a large amount of silliness, "Super Troopers" is a very funny comedy by a team of people who evidently know their way around the genre and play their cards right. Even though on occasion the script flirts with cliches, it never really gives in, while the refreshingly unwarranted (and certainly welcome) randomness masks the simple premise keeping the film engaging and appealing throughout.
Rated 23 Dec 2013
5- worth experiencing, alright
Why'd they even try to have a story?
Amazing..
The immature kid inside me loves this kind of nonsense.
Rated 28 Apr 2018
I put this one off a while, and it's a shame that I did that cause damn is it funny! A standout in the genre of ridiculously dumb comedies, headed by Broken Lizard, who seem to know their way around a comedy about state troopers. Awesome fun.
Rated 16 Jan 2012
Boring. Or was it supposed to be funny?
Brilliantly funny
Rated 18 Dec 2011
There are some funny bits in this movie, like the meow sequence. However the plot is really silly and could have been better. This comedy troupe does have lots of potential.
Rated 31 Jan 2009
Some funny ideas about highway cops with some crappy attempt to connect them with a story.
I usually like idiot comedies but I tried to watch this with a bunch of friends and we ended up having to stop it halfway because it was just not funny. I hardly ever stop a movie midway.
THE SNOSBERRIES TASTE LIKE SNOSBERRIES
i love this movie.
Rated 11 Dec 2011
In terms of laughs per minute on first viewing, I'd have to say Super Troopers is the best comedy I've seen to date. The plot itself feels like it loses a bit of momentum near the end when they realized, "Well, let's finish the story now" but it ties together well. The best way I can describe it is that it doesn't cater to one specific demographic - all comedy enthusiasts will enjoy it.
Rated 07 Oct 2009
Maybe it caught me at the wrong time; but this movie didn't make me laugh once.
Rated 21 Jan 2009
Amazing comedy!
Rated 25 Aug 2007
WOW! Definitely one of my favourite comedies of all time. They nailed this... best watched with friends who you can bounce quotes off of for the rest of your lives.
Rated 25 Aug 2007
A very cool comedy.
Rated 31 Aug 2007
Hilarious film about ridiculous cops.
Rated 15 Mar 2014
Pretty entertaining for about the first half, but as Super Troopers goes along and gains a plot it starts to focus too much on moving the story along instead of being funny.
Rated 26 Aug 2009
I wanted to like this but unfortunately, apart from the Meow scene, I didn't really like it. Farva (Heffernan's character) was probably the funniest.
Rated 08 Jan 2009
Funny, but pretty conventional humor when it comes to these types of movies. Has some great parts, though. The beginning will always be the best.
Rated 22 Oct 2007
So funny and crazy.
Rated 23 Oct 2007
funny.
Rated 26 Oct 2007
This movie was funny, but there was not point to it.
Rated 21 Nov 2012
Fun.
Rated 31 Mar 2010
haha the schnozberries taste like schnozberries
Rated 21 Aug 2009
Many people won't get this films appeal. I would guess this is only worth watching if you're male, and under 30. But if you enjoy frat pack style films such as Old School and Zoolander, you are going to find this film very, very funny. I can't believe how well everything glues together, considering this was Broken Lizards first major studio title (I think). The characters are great, their lines are great, the whole film is just really good. See it.
Rated 19 Jul 2009
The opening scene is classic.
Rated 12 Jan 2008
I just can't get behind a film where state troopers are portrayed as a bunch of fucking jerkoff potheads. Especially when we're supposed to be sympathetic to them and root for them. I can't do it.
Rated 01 Feb 2008
The first 10 minutes are "suppressed smile" funny, but then... then I can't remember a fucking thing about this waste of time and money.
Rated 20 Mar 2008
opening scene is awesome, but goes down hill from there
Rated 28 Sep 2011
Not too funny, the intro and ending were quite funny. The rest was meh
Rated 31 May 2008
Dumb, but still funny.
Rated 01 Jun 2008
best comedy ever
Rated 14 Jun 2008
okay movie
Rated 12 Aug 2016
The ebb and flow of a stoner comedy. Great at 16, not so much now.
Rated 06 May 2011
Admittedly very dumb, but contains a few laughs early on.
Rated 08 Mar 2010
An 8 for the intro, and a 5 for the rest of the movie
Rated 28 Jul 2008
Laughed so hard it hurt. Meow.
Rated 15 Aug 2008
Ok, so maybe I have no sense of humour, but whatever, I hate this movie.
Rated 28 Feb 2010
So much squandered comedy potential.
Rated 25 Nov 2008
Mac: "You boys like Mex-i-co? Yee- Haww!"

This movie has got to be the funniest thing I've seen in years. Super Troopers is the ONLY movie I've came across that you can truly watch over and over again. Movies are always better when you watch them with people, and this one is no different. Go out and get this movie...You'll thank me later.

Mac: "...And that was the second time I got crabs."
Rated 14 Dec 2008
dumb
Rated 18 Dec 2008
I remember laughing but not if it was because the movie was funny or if everyone else was laughing and I wanted to fit in.
Rated 29 May 2015
It's been a while so I can't give an exact rating but 81 should be close (just look at my other ratings to get a clue). It's a great commedy that's at "must have seen for memorable inside jokes" level, great film for watching with friends.