To Catch a Thief
Amazon VideoApple TVParamount+ Amazon ChannelParamount PlusParamount Plus Apple TV Channel Google Play Movies
Vudu
To-Catch-a-Thief

To Catch a Thief

1955
Romance, Suspense/Thriller
Stars Cary Grant as a former thief suspected of a new series of crimes and Grace Kelly as the woman who romances him. (imdb)
Vudu
Microsoft Store
CBS
Pluto TV
Paramount+ Roku Premium Channel

To Catch A Thief was a little disappointing. I was expecting some thrills, but instead I got a pretty good mystery. The performances were great as well as the Hermann score, but it I was expecting a lot more, especially when it was Hitchcock at the top of his career. Definitely worth a watch, Grant is charming, and Kelly is always beautiful, and Hitchcock leads them both in great performances.
A light weight but just too charming not to love.
They don't put them all in a hotel the way John Wick does but this creates a really neat underworld of thieves that Cary is constantly at odds with. I had an uncle that worked as a grip and was fired during the making of this movie because every time Grace Kelly walked on set he would say, "I'll tell you what I'd like to catch," and I think that mentioning it here tells you more about me than it does him.
An entertaining yarn from fun-mode (or "North by Northwest-mode") Hitchcock. The crime story is predictable and the love story shallow albeit charming, but wall-to-wall gorgeous visuals (cinematography, locations, and women) make it a feast for the eyes and a joy to sit through.
You know exactly who the thief is 30 minutes into this but you stick around for Grace Kelly being STUNNING and maybe Cary Grant will pimp hand someone else.
Avg Percentile 57.81% from 1912 total ratings