Alice in Wonderland
Amazon VideoApple TVDisney PlusGoogle Play MoviesVuduMicrosoft StoreYouTubePure FlixFlixFlingAMC on DemandSpectrum On Demand
Alice-in-Wonderland-1951
Alice-in-Wonderland-1951

Alice in Wonderland

1951
Family/Kids, Fantasy
Alice stumbles into the world of Wonderland. Will she get home? Not if the Queen of Hearts has her way. (imdb)

Probably the best film to have ever come out of Disney.. It's so insanely bizarre that it can be enjoyed by pretty much anyone.
Forget how surreal this film is; I feel like if I actually ever got high and watched it, I'd mostly be laughing my ass off. "I say, stop kicking that mackerel!"
(2nd viewing) Uncomfortably weird but aesthetically beautiful and endlessly imaginative, 'Alice in Wonderland' may be Disney's least accessible film, but by far one of, if not their best and most thought provoking, and that's a huge plus in my book. I love the following (about the ending): "She gradually awakens from the dream and muses on her adventures in Wonderland, realizing that perhaps logic and reason exist for a purpose."
Good God, yes!
For the most part the film was just weird-for-weirdness with little to keep the interest. And then again there were moments of greatness like Tea Party scene. Cheshire Cat had its moments as did King of Hearts and I also liked that matter-of-factness of Alice. Good things but not enough to save the film. Then again, every Disney animation (ignoring most of those straight-to-video releases) is worth watching at least once.

Submitted byfloortapfloortap on 27 Mar 2006