Before Midnight
Before-Midnight-2013

Before Midnight

2013
Romance, Drama
We meet Jesse and Celine nine years on in Greece. Almost two decades have passed since their first meeting on that train bound for Vienna. Before the clock strikes midnight, we will again become part of their story. (sundance.org)
Franchise: Before Sunrise
The Roku Channel

Probably the weakest of the three, which is kinda like saying it was the worst blow job you ever got from Kate Upton.
Finds our characters as the same bickering couple they had wished to evade at the beginning of the first film, having supplanted their spontaneous idealism for some relevant cynicism while maintaining their keen perspectives on long-term commitment and unwavering love. And all the better for it.
That argument in the hotel room has to be one of the best written scenes in film history.
At first I felt like I swallowed a bag full of rocks, and then I cried. I think the Greeks called that catharsis.
I am somewhat ambivalent about this last instalment in the 'Before'-trilogy. The writing and acting are, yet again, excellent, and I have no trouble believing that the events in this movie follow naturally from the previous movies. The writers opted for a naturalistic approach (romance basically turns to kind-of-but-not-total shit) and while this may be a brave choice, I also found myself asking why I subjected myself to the kind of frustrating discussions I'd rather avoid in real life.

Submitted bytoro913toro913 on 29 Dec 2012