0 rankings

Beauty and the Beast ()

Your Rating

Summary: An adaptation of the classic fairy-tale about a monstrous prince and a young woman who fall in love. (imdb)

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Beauty and the Beast belongs to 15 collections
1. Films available in HD (public: moderated by kubricksucks - 12 stars)
2. Remake (public: moderated by td888 - 6 stars)
3. Worldwide box office over $500,000,000 (public: moderated by djross - 2 stars)
4. Worldwide box office over $1,000,000,000 (public: moderated by djross - 1 star)
5. Worldwide box office top 100 (public: moderated by djross - 1 star)
6. Live-Action Disney Adaptations (public: moderated by Boxcars - 1 star)
7. Worldwide box office over $750,000,000 (public: moderated by djross)
9. Gay Agenda (public: moderated by Ag0stoMesmer)
10. Curzon Ripon (private: mandy)
12. 2017: Theatrical Watchlist (private: SageSledge)
13. 2017: Complete Watchlist (private: SageSledge)
14. April 2017 (private: kendellhouse)
15. Musicals (private: SageSledge)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
May 26 malibuumango
May 26 PerroNoche!
May 26 preuvesq
73T3
May 26 kokoskote
90T7
Loved the costumes, choreography, story, visuals, and most of the songs. I was pleasantly surprised by other singing voices too. I liked the new songs as well as the old, but felt that the old songs on the animated version were sung better. Emma Watson makes this really great.
May 25 hpingwing
May 23 bileme Bianca Leme
7T4
May 23 amazedemon amazedemon
60T3
Sigh, a disappointing shot-for-shot remake. The highlight was the production design and (ironically for a live-action remake) the CG animation. Gad's Lafou is the only character improved from the original. Every memorable moment is one from the animated film, expect without the soul or charm; bringing us to Watson. Her performance is stilted or forced and her character mandates the villagers be uglier, meaner, and less intelligent than their animated counterparts. Trite, unnecessary and uneven.
May 23 goatsupply
70T1
May 23 megadert
May 23 chemical404 chemical404
27T1
Knowing Disney of late I was expecting them to ruin a beautiful tale that prepares young girls for arranged marriages to ugly old dudes and teaches table manners with blatant feminist agenda. In fact, I didn't mind ideology of it. It's just the movie was boring and it sucked. Those songs, omg so horrible. Even Emma's cuteness didn't save it for me, at all.
May 23 ddmersn ddmersn
May 22 Bayaderas
15T1
May 22 Guillaume Guillaume
70T4
Decent "adaptation" of the animated film, starts off as a live action tribute to Disney's original, with no more than decent singing by Emma Watson (it's so heavily auto-tuned it's hilarious). The castle and the animated characters are really well done, except for the beast. I really like Dan Stevens (Legion, Downton Abbey), but he makes a fool of himself as soon as the curse has been lifted.
May 22 Diggler
42T2
May 22 Jonrock411
7T5
May 22 auhasarderik auhasarderik
5T3
Dead inside. Watson makes faces. Adds nothing songs and plot, and lots of prettiness. Goes to show what an accomplishment the original was. And how much Alan Menken has lost, I guess.
May 22 Sachaz Sachaz
May 21 anewlucas anewlucas
35T2
May 21 PluggedIN
50T5
But the fact that Condon doesn't understand why this could be such a big deal to many who don't believe homosexuality is normative is telling indeed. The result? Families that don't embrace Beauty and the Beast's pro-gay moments will be forced to grapple with how best to respond to them. And for those who were looking forward to revisiting this beloved tale as old as time with a younger generation, that's a disappointing and difficult decision to have to make.
May 21 suf
55T5
May 20 MSoprano MSoprano
May 20 captain captain
68T6
May 20 PUNQ
60T9
Beauty and the Beast is Disney being very thorough in delivering a extended "remastered" version of their famous animation film. It grew on me, even if everything didn't feel natural enough to get fully lost in this Disney world.
May 20 ruaxx01
May 18 kingslayer kingslayer
64T5
May 18 burkayadalig burkayadalig
80T7
Surprisingly entertaining... Wish Belle was someone else not the dull Emma Watson
May 18 Blair Blair
May 17 toro913
24T2
May 16 mhouska12 mhouska12
7T6
Luke Evans is as exceptional as Ewan McGregor is atrocious.
May 15 1Zh0v6
65T3
May 03 Kopenhaver Kopenhaver
May 03 Ippei
75T8
I really enjoyed this film and I thought they showed the right amount of respect, whilst trying to keep it fresh. The plot points they tried to fill were actually quite well done (except for that weird book). Emma Watson is perfect as Belle and the rest of the cast is pretty good too (except why is Ewan McGregor the only one with a French accent? Baffling). Let's be honest though, as soon as the opening score came on, they had me.
Apr 30 Juliecrep
Apr 25 bre4all
75T4
Apr 25 Miggs Miggs
82T6
Sue me, I didn't like this movie as much as everyone else in America apparently. Though what was added to the story wasn't terrible, I would've liked the original story brought to life a bit better. With the story put aside, I thought Watson and Stevens did a great job with bringing the classic characters to life. All around, I really liked this movie.
Apr 25 2017kah
Apr 18 iceblox iceblox
35T2
Apr 18 CosmicMonkey CosmicMonkey
60T2
I mean it's not terrible, it's a perfectly watchable piece of film, but I'll be damned if I can really think of anything positive to say about it other than the fact they added some PoC into it. The musical numbers are all less joyous, more boring versions of original, which come to think of it is pretty much a phrase I could use to describe the entirety of this film. Also LeFou just felt like a really offensive stereotype, but maybe that's just me.
Apr 18 kendellhouse
68T2
Apr 17 Greener
Apr 17 damil
55T4
Not very good. Bad casting, especially Emma Watson, who is lifeless and can't sing. Kevin Kline is great. The musical numbers were disappointing. Often poorly performed, and always poorly directed and edited. There were some new story elements I actually really appreciated and I thought enriched the story, but others were completely superfluous and slowed the movie down to a halt. Good production design and costumes and stuff. This version just had barely any of the magic of the animated one.
Apr 17 FarCryss Suture Self
2T2
Whenever a new song came on I had to grit my teeth and tightly hold onto my theater chair lest I start screaming as a result of the unbearable musical pain inflicted on my ears. Also, if you make the completely irrational and unjustifiable decision to see this, prepare to be eye gouged by some truly awful CGI and run over by a nostalgia train. This was an empty, pointless, profit-motivated exercise in humiliating everyone involved in the original movie (a movie I actually like very much).
Apr 17 cogsworth cogsworth
Apr 10 michaelducks
66T9
Apr 10 kljnsclkn
60T2
It didn't work for me. I think that the musical scenes were not filmed the way I expected. One of the best things about theater musicals is that you can see lots of things happening at the same time. It is fluid. In this film, the musical scenes have many cuts, for some reason. Every cut breaks the fluidity and rhythm that I would expect. Didn't like the acting as well. I think that it is not a good idea to transform 2 of your best actors (Ian McKellen and Emma Thompson) in CGI characters.
Apr 10 Glenn Nygard
30T6
Apr 10 CalumRhys
66T2
Growing up in the 90's, my childhood was primarily all about Disney films, those animated tales that helped us escape from reality, with the original 'Beauty and the Beast' still holding up today as one of Disney's finest efforts. This remake has that magical vista we all need in our life, something to make us smile. Sure, it'll never stand up to the original, and there are noticeable flaws lying about, but this aside it is still a charming film.
Apr 10 sebdu59
69T6
Apr 08 Phelipe Phelipe
Apr 08 quez2go
57T3
This movie works for me on some levels, but I think most of the credit for that belongs to my love for the animated original. Emma Watson is a flat and unresponsive Belle and the screenplay is beefed up with some moments that are unnecessary and a bit odd (like a magic teleportation device), and others that spoil the emotional impact of the story (the added song for the beast). On the plus side Luke Evans is a great antagonist who deserved a better death scene.
Apr 08 jasonomara15 ()
Apr 05 SickForay SickForay
55T4
Apr 05 BigEvil Nathan S
1T1
In translating one of their greatest animated classics into live action, Disney has mechanized the magic. A rote, hollow, uninspired retread which begs the question: why, though? Of course, we all know the answer.
Apr 04 ladyspiggott ladyspiggott
46T4
Me chamem quando trocarem o gênero dos protagonistas.
Apr 04 Giskard Giskard
I fell asleep.
Apr 04 Joaquim_Maia Joaquim Maia
Apr 04 MontyCircus MontyCircus
40T5
I didn't really like it, but then again I didn't enjoy the original as a kid either. Romance doesn't cut it for me. Just as the only thing I liked about "Les Miserables" was the "Master of the House" song, the only thing I really liked about this was the "No One ____s like Gaston" song. If there's a song, make it funny or I tune out. My biggest problem with the film other than that was Lumierre. He was a great character in the original, but in non-cartoon form he lacked expression.
Apr 03 monclaro monclaro
Apr 03 frs frs
64T3
Apr 03 Seethruskin Seethruskin
4T6
If you're gonna go out and say a characters cannon gay at least show some penetration!!!!!!
Apr 03 muratkrks muratkrks
Apr 01 drdutw drdutw
89T10
Apr 01 kgbelliveau kgbelliveau
89T8
Another stellar live action version of a film that defined the childhood of an entire generation and it sure was magical. Visually stunning the film was accentuated by the creation of the objects that came to life and then beautifully acted by the limitless talents of the cast. Emma Watson is a fine lead actress and of course her beauty helps showcase the dynamic love being developed between Belle and Dan Stevens' Beast. A stellar and magical film.
Apr 01 Marusu Marusu
85T9
Mar 31 oxer oxer
89T8
Mar 31 BadFurDay
7T8
I'm forced to rate this highly (by my standards) because I tend to dislike Disney productions in general, dislike the original Beauty and the beast, went to this movie with negative expectations to please my girl... and it turned out to be really good. Sure, it still has the weak Stockholm syndrome-ish plot of the original, but it's modernized just right, and the gorgeous set design and great acting make this into a wonderful movie experience. I was legitimately impressed.
Mar 31 stic0990
Mar 31 CrazyDude
Mar 31 jcjimmy
Mar 31 Ytadel Ytadel
3T3
A soulless exercise in mimicry. Maybe if this exact film came out in a world where the 1991 version never existed I'd be impressed by its songs and characters and story and look. We'll never know. What I do know is that this movie just does all of those things worse than Disney did 26 years ago. Angela Lansbury shits all over Emma Thompson. This isn't even a reimagining with SOME creativity put into it like the recent Cinderella and Jungle Book - just a hollow retread. Bill Condon is an asshole.
Mar 31 eats_almonds eats-almonds
Shipping Lefou and Gaston
Mar 30 Lone_Wolf miller
Mar 30 Kortee Kortee
71T8
Disney does it again. To think about it it's the opposite story of what Cinderella is and one of the few classic fairytales where prince charming is more than just the looks.
Mar 30 ekflynn412
Mar 30 gunaraf gunaraf
74T5
Mar 30 fenixdown fenixdown
68T4
Not bad for a hollow retread.
Mar 30 Maus
78T4
Mar 30 Oni
Mar 30 water_ghosts
75T6
Mar 29 htiman htiman
70T4
This is a movie that has no real reason to exist. It does nothing better then the original Disney movie, and it does several things worse (like Belle's singing). Its also a bit too long and none of the added songs are memorable. But, I can't help but like it, since its based on a very good movie. Because of that, I'm probably too generous with my score, but its not a bad movie. Just an inferior version of a very good movie. It didn't need to be made, but for what it is its not bad.
Mar 29 BurstBubble
65T4
Some things worked well and improved the story, however, others nearly ruin the film as a whole. Worst part of the movie is Belle (Emma Watson). Her performance is bland and her singing is horrid, aka auto-tuned to death. They turned up the orchestral accompaniment to try and hide that fact, it didn't work. The duet between Emma Watson and Audra McDonald just emphasized the robotic tone of her voice and how much I wish Disney had hired a leading lady who could actually sing and act with feeling.
Mar 29 FilmToaster
30T1
Mar 29 jcarma
12T3
Mar 29 sinefilcocuk
Mar 29 Simionski Simionski
Mar 29 Mentaculus Mentaculus
36T2
A violently uninspiring retread, wasting far too much talent in a vain attempt to force a timeless text to be more accessible for the Now. Lighting for 3D, interestingly, created environments flat and uninviting; there are dance sequences where we see no dancing, and songs with no singing. Gad's Lefou, much-lauded as progressive, is merely a regressive caricature we can still look down on, weirdly forced into the narrative for brownie points. Stevens brings the only beauty to this beast.
Mar 29 overrated overrated
26T2
Mar 29 xzf620
Mar 29 maddriver52
93T10
Mar 29 mandy mandy
6T6
Surprisingly entertaining and visually attractive family film.
Mar 29 Pietayse Pietayse
Mar 28 Matt92
Mar 28 flipzo flipzo
67T2
I will talk about the Italian version. The original 1991 movie was absolutely awesome. But this... This is a painful adaptation, the songs don't match the original and this made everyone to scratch his head. The new Italian lyrics portrait Belle as a selfish snob rather than a naive dreamer. Despite my love belongs to Emma Watson, she did a great play, I can't but think that Belle is the cartoon version of Emily Ratayowski, that couldn't play the role because, you know, "reasons".
Mar 28 TrueAgus TrueAgus
Mar 28 birdhunter
87T8
Mar 28 gogolit gogolit
4T7
Very good. The criticisms are just overwrought, this is the live action version of the 1991 animation, and as that it does an accurate and entertaining job. It also looks GREAT.
Mar 28 FrederikA FrederikA
65T7
I still struggle to find anything resembling proper artistic justification for Disney's Live-action overhaul of their entire back-catalogue, but ignoring that, this updated version works well enough, and I especially enjoyed the decisively un-Disney character design of the various (in)animated objects.
Mar 27 BriRam
Mar 27 tinythedogg tinythedogg
80T9
Mar 27 CStewart64
12T7
W4E1P1S1V1M2A1R1. Almost gave it a zero on acting, but Dan Stevens surprised and saved the day. Also considered a zero on visuals because the beast was so poorly executed, when we've come to expect so much from CGI. But the rest of the film was beautiful. Totally unimpressed by the flabby "expansion" of the story, but the core is still solid.
Mar 26 andyglover
Mar 26 edaataseven edaataseven
80T3
Mar 26 feyza feyza
75T8
Mar 26 Langelund Langelund (CinemaZone.dk)
Mar 26 Azeitolas