0 rankings

Beauty and the Beast ()

Your Rating

Summary: An adaptation of the classic fairy-tale about a monstrous prince and a young woman who fall in love. (imdb)

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Beauty and the Beast belongs to 11 collections
1. Remake (public: moderated by td888 - 6 stars)
2. Worldwide box office over $500,000,000 (public: moderated by djross - 2 stars)
3. Worldwide box office over $1,000,000,000 (public: moderated by djross - 1 star)
4. Worldwide box office top 100 (public: moderated by djross - 1 star)
5. Live-Action Disney Adaptations (public: moderated by Boxcars - 1 star)
6. Worldwide box office over $750,000,000 (public: moderated by djross)
7. Gay Agenda (public: moderated by Ag0stoMesmer)
8. Movies I've Seen In Theatres (public: moderated by SageSledge)
9. 2017: Theatrical Watchlist (public: moderated by SageSledge)
10. 2017: Complete Watchlist (public: moderated by SageSledge)
11. Curzon Ripon (private: mandy)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
81T6
Apr 18 iceblox iceblox
Apr 18 CosmicMonkey CosmicMonkey
60T3
I mean it's not terrible, it's a perfectly watchable piece of film, but I'll be damned if I can really think of anything positive to say about it other than the fact they added some PoC into it. The musical numbers are all less joyous, more boring versions of original, which come to think of it is pretty much a phrase I could use to describe the entirety of this film. Also LeFou just felt like a really offensive stereotype, but maybe that's just me.
Apr 18 kendellhouse
68T2
Apr 17 Greener
Apr 17 damil
55T4
Not very good. Bad casting, especially Emma Watson, who is lifeless and can't sing. Kevin Kline is great. The musical numbers were disappointing. Often poorly performed, and always poorly directed and edited. There were some new story elements I actually really appreciated and I thought enriched the story, but others were completely superfluous and slowed the movie down to a halt. Good production design and costumes and stuff. This version just had barely any of the magic of the animated one.
Apr 17 FarCryss Suture Self
2T2
Whenever a new song came on I had to grit my teeth and tightly hold onto my theater chair lest I start screaming as a result of the unbearable musical pain inflicted on my ears. Also, if you make the completely irrational and unjustifiable decision to see this, prepare to be eye gouged by some truly awful CGI and run over by a nostalgia train. This was an empty, pointless, profit-motivated exercise in humiliating everyone involved in the original movie (a movie I actually like very much).
Apr 17 cogsworth cogsworth
Apr 10 michaelducks
66T9
Apr 10 kljnsclkn
60T2
It didn't work for me. I think that the musical scenes were not filmed the way I expected. One of the best things about theater musicals is that you can see lots of things happening at the same time. It is fluid. In this film, the musical scenes have many cuts, for some reason. Every cut breaks the fluidity and rhythm that I would expect. Didn't like the acting as well. I think that it is not a good idea to transform 2 of your best actors (Ian McKellen and Emma Thompson) in CGI characters.
Apr 10 Glenn Nygard
30T6
Apr 10 CalumRhys
66T2
Growing up in the 90's, my childhood was primarily all about Disney films, those animated tales that helped us escape from reality, with the original 'Beauty and the Beast' still holding up today as one of Disney's finest efforts. This remake has that magical vista we all need in our life, something to make us smile. Sure, it'll never stand up to the original, and there are noticeable flaws lying about, but this aside it is still a charming film.
Apr 10 sebdu59
69T6
Apr 08 Phelipe Phelipe
Apr 08 quez2go
57T3
This movie works for me on some levels, but I think most of the credit for that belongs to my love for the animated original. Emma Watson is a flat and unresponsive Belle and the screenplay is beefed up with some moments that are unnecessary and a bit odd (like a magic teleportation device), and others that spoil the emotional impact of the story (the added song for the beast). On the plus side Luke Evans is a great antagonist who deserved a better death scene.
Apr 08 jasonomara15 ()
Apr 05 SickForay SickForay
55T4
Apr 05 BigEvil Nathan S
1T1
In translating one of their greatest animated classics into live action, Disney has mechanized the magic. A rote, hollow, uninspired retread which begs the question: why, though? Of course, we all know the answer.
Apr 04 ladyspiggott ladyspiggott
46T4
Me chamem quando trocarem o gênero dos protagonistas.
Apr 04 Giskard Giskard
I fell asleep.
Apr 04 Joaquim_Maia Joaquim Maia
Apr 04 MontyCircus MontyCircus
40T5
I didn't really like it, but then again I didn't enjoy the original as a kid either. Romance doesn't cut it for me. Just as the only thing I liked about "Les Miserables" was the "Master of the House" song, the only thing I really liked about this was the "No One ____s like Gaston" song. If there's a song, make it funny or I tune out. My biggest problem with the film other than that was Lumierre. He was a great character in the original, but in non-cartoon form he lacked expression.
Apr 03 monclaro monclaro
Apr 03 frs frs
64T3
Apr 03 Seethruskin Seethruskin
4T6
If you're gonna go out and say a characters cannon gay at least show some penetration!!!!!!
Apr 03 muratkrks muratkrks
Apr 01 drdutw drdutw
89T10
Apr 01 kgbelliveau kgbelliveau
89T8
Another stellar live action version of a film that defined the childhood of an entire generation and it sure was magical. Visually stunning the film was accentuated by the creation of the objects that came to life and then beautifully acted by the limitless talents of the cast. Emma Watson is a fine lead actress and of course her beauty helps showcase the dynamic love being developed between Belle and Dan Stevens' Beast. A stellar and magical film.
Apr 01 Marusu Marusu
85T9
Mar 31 oxer oxer
89T8
Mar 31 BadFurDay
7T8
I'm forced to rate this highly (by my standards) because I tend to dislike Disney productions in general, dislike the original Beauty and the beast, went to this movie with negative expectations to please my girl... and it turned out to be really good. Sure, it still has the weak Stockholm syndrome-ish plot of the original, but it's modernized just right, and the gorgeous set design and great acting make this into a wonderful movie experience. I was legitimately impressed.
Mar 31 stic0990
Mar 31 CrazyDude
Mar 31 jcjimmy
Mar 31 Ytadel Ytadel
3T3
A soulless exercise in mimicry. Maybe if this exact film came out in a world where the 1991 version never existed I'd be impressed by its songs and characters and story and look. We'll never know. What I do know is that this movie just does all of those things worse than Disney did 26 years ago. Angela Lansbury shits all over Emma Thompson. This isn't even a reimagining with SOME creativity put into it like the recent Cinderella and Jungle Book - just a hollow retread. Bill Condon is an asshole.
Mar 31 eats_almonds eats-almonds
Shipping Lefou and Gaston
Mar 30 Lone_Wolf miller
Mar 30 Kortee Kortee
71T8
Disney does it again. To think about it it's the opposite story of what Cinderella is and one of the few classic fairytales where prince charming is more than just the looks.
Mar 30 ekflynn412
Mar 30 gunaraf gunaraf
74T5
Mar 30 fenixdown fenixdown
68T4
Not bad for a hollow retread.
Mar 30 Maus
78T4
Mar 30 Oni
Mar 30 water_ghosts
75T6
Mar 29 htiman htiman
70T4
This is a movie that has no real reason to exist. It does nothing better then the original Disney movie, and it does several things worse (like Belle's singing). Its also a bit too long and none of the added songs are memorable. But, I can't help but like it, since its based on a very good movie. Because of that, I'm probably too generous with my score, but its not a bad movie. Just an inferior version of a very good movie. It didn't need to be made, but for what it is its not bad.
Mar 29 BurstBubble
65T4
Some things worked well and improved the story, however, others nearly ruin the film as a whole. Worst part of the movie is Belle (Emma Watson). Her performance is bland and her singing is horrid, aka auto-tuned to death. They turned up the orchestral accompaniment to try and hide that fact, it didn't work. The duet between Emma Watson and Audra McDonald just emphasized the robotic tone of her voice and how much I wish Disney had hired a leading lady who could actually sing and act with feeling.
Mar 29 FilmToaster
30T1
Mar 29 jcarma
12T3
Mar 29 sinefilcocuk
Mar 29 Simionski Simionski
Mar 29 Mentaculus Mentaculus
36T2
A violently uninspiring retread, wasting far too much talent in a vain attempt to force a timeless text to be more accessible for the Now. Lighting for 3D, interestingly, created environments flat and uninviting; there are dance sequences where we see no dancing, and songs with no singing. Gad's Lefou, much-lauded as progressive, is merely a regressive caricature we can still look down on, weirdly forced into the narrative for brownie points. Stevens brings the only beauty to this beast.
Mar 29 overrated overrated
26T2
Mar 29 xzf620
Mar 29 maddriver52
93T10
Mar 29 mandy mandy
6T6
Surprisingly entertaining and visually attractive family film.
Mar 29 Pietayse Pietayse
Mar 28 Matt92
75T2
Mar 28 JXZMv2
88T8
Mar 28 flipzo flipzo
67T2
I will talk about the Italian version. The original 1991 movie was absolutely awesome. But this... This is a painful adaptation, the songs don't match the original and this made everyone to scratch his head. The new Italian lyrics portrait Belle as a selfish snob rather than a naive dreamer. Despite my love belongs to Emma Watson, she did a great play, I can't but think that Belle is the cartoon version of Emily Ratayowski, that couldn't play the role because, you know, "reasons".
Mar 28 TrueAgus TrueAgus
78T6
Mar 28 birdhunter
87T8
Mar 28 gogolit gogolit
4T7
Very good. The criticisms are just overwrought, this is the live action version of the 1991 animation, and as that it does an accurate and entertaining job. It also looks GREAT.
Mar 28 FrederikA FrederikA
65T7
I still struggle to find anything resembling proper artistic justification for Disney's Live-action overhaul of their entire back-catalogue, but ignoring that, this updated version works well enough, and I especially enjoyed the decisively un-Disney character design of the various (in)animated objects.
Mar 27 BriRam
Mar 27 tinythedogg tinythedogg
80T9
Mar 27 CStewart64
12T7
W4E1P1S1V1M2A1R1. Almost gave it a zero on acting, but Dan Stevens surprised and saved the day. Also considered a zero on visuals because the beast was so poorly executed, when we've come to expect so much from CGI. But the rest of the film was beautiful. Totally unimpressed by the flabby "expansion" of the story, but the core is still solid.
Mar 26 andyglover
Mar 26 edaataseven edaataseven
80T3
Mar 26 feyza feyza
75T8
Mar 26 Langelund Langelund (CinemaZone.dk)
Mar 26 Azeitolas
Mar 25 Rudolph101
73T2
Mar 25 Jurispathic Judge Holden
4T6
Let's get a couple things straight. One, this movie isn't nearly gay enough to warrant the kind of homophobic backlash it's getting. Two, Dan Stevens is adorable. Three, I'm very angry my girlfriend for dragging me to this. Finally, ...ikindoflikethesongssoshuddup
Mar 25 Ascalon Ascalon
79T8
Mar 25 tiotuli tiotuli
Mar 25 10kfilms
Mar 25 Roshambo Roshambo
Mar 25 MentalCritic MentalCritic
58T4
Mar 25 FoxyRussian FoxyRussian ()
92T9
Well the reviews seem diverse, I think this movie really nailed most parts. The extra exposition really added on the original and fixed a few logical flaws from the original. It seems less Stockholm Syndrome than the original. The singing is great, the musical numbers are fun (NEVERMORE IS AN AMAZING SONG), and, as always, the talking furniture steal the movie. A few times, the script kind of poorly conveys a few topics, but luckily the poor conveyance doesn't last for to long.
Mar 24 BeeDub BeeDub
75T3
A dull, plodding, garish do-over of the 1991 classic. Every single aspect of this remake feels rote, mechanical, and uninspired; it's like listening to a cover band that has no understanding of what made the original band fresh and exciting. Utterly unnecessary.
Mar 24 punk_dfc
72T6
Mar 24 hxo9lv
Mar 23 BillyShears BillyShears
70T6
Weird inappropriate subplot where the chamber pot keeps sabotaging the plan.
Mar 23 CinematicESP CinematicESP
68T3
Mar 23 crtsjffrsn
Mar 23 lenac lena_c
3T5
Not blown away ´cause it's impossible to live up to a classic like that, but there's no reason for me not to recommend it. I think they did a good job and stayed true to the original story and the characters. *Recommendable
Mar 23 pmpfe pmpfe
53T3
Mar 22 RobJa
Mar 22 torbern
60T3
Unnecessary, but functional... and, I'll concede - at certain very specific points - completely magical. The cinematography and live production design are crazy good. The CGI character design, and added songs... not so much. Luke Evans as Gaston is a DELIGHT; Ewan McGregor's Lumiere is the film's biggest disappointment. (There's also the whole 'girl is held against her will and essentially forced to "fall in love"' issue. Grown-up me can't quite feel the Disney magic in that particular conceit.)
Mar 22 mkellins
30T2
Another unnecessary remake of a Disney movie. All the extra backstory and new songs feel forced and uninspired. I would have loved to see a new take on the story, but sadly they settled for copying the old film. Don't waste your time on this.
Mar 22 Flo2233 Flo2233
84T7
Mar 22 Manuela Manuela
95T10
Mar 22 DAND Leonardis
84T6
I found this to be a really solid remake of an already endearing classic. My only complaint I have about this was that it felt slightly rushed, at least for me. I'm sure that won't be a problem for anybody else. The visual effects are amazing, the choreography and music was done very well, and the whole movie really is envisioned well. I also liked the additional characters and character development. All of the actors were great in this too. This isn't up there with the original, but it's good!
Mar 22 dead_man dead man
Mar 21 ofwgkta
65T7
Mar 21 Bown Bown
73T4
Got a lot better after the dreadful first act. I'm not a fan of the uber-ornate visual style - feel it just makes everything look fake really - but the music, comedy, and performances are all killer. Watson is fairly good, but outshone by most everyone else, especially Stevens, Evans, and McGregor. Romance and drama isn't as solid, but I appreciated the effort with extra development. Exceeded my expectations by a fair bit. Obv not a patch on the original tho
Mar 21 roonay3k roonay3k
71T7
I absolutely hate musicals, but there was a lot of humor in the musical scenes which perhaps made this movie better. I do not enjoy childrens movies but I think this is a very good movie to watch with your kids. so for that reason i rate it higher.
Mar 21 Invi Invi
Mar 21 TimeCapsule TimeCapsule
78T5
This live-action remake of a Disney animated classic is a mixed bag. The movie is at times a shot for shot recreation, but however did attempt to add a few new things. Strangely this film has parallels with Peter Jackson's "King Kong"(2005) remake. Here Disney used a few new songs along side some extra character development and some upgraded exposition to enrich the story. However like the Kong remake the additional scenes as well as the reliance on CGI detracts something from the original magic
Mar 21 screenful
Mar 20 imferreira
85T9
Mar 20 Murderface Space Pope
70T6
It was a really well made, if unnecessary, remake of what may be the most beloved animated film of all time. I've never been particularly enthralled by the Disney magic, so it wasn't anything special to me beyond being a decent romantic musical. But my wife, who holds the original very dear to her heart, absolutely adored it. If nothing else, that's worth something to me.
Mar 20 mucow mucow
Mar 19 tenant tenant
Mar 19 lovleigh lovleigh
Mar 19 ddrudges d_drudges
30T4
Yes do keep living with the violent asshole, he'll turn into a prince any day now. The new content is mindless filler and the few good songs of the original have been mangled. The directing mostly relies on just the lyrics, delivered by lost and confused people, to carry the movie. Shouldn't have been made.
Mar 19 cncnmovies cncnmovies
Mar 19 LRPmEs
82T7
Mar 19 cagedwisdom cagedwisdom
75T7
The Beauty and the Beast story has never really been done completely right. The setting is what really makes both this and the original, with great atmosphere, characters and music. But there's something about the character development that just isn't right. Anyway, the best live action Disney adaptation so far maybe.
Mar 19 howler19 howler19
66T7
Mar 19 drsword drsword
Mar 19 Ofterdingen
53T4
A tragic case of Stockholm syndrome.
Mar 19 bitz2008 bitz_2008