0 rankings

Beauty and the Beast ()

Your Rating

Summary: An adaptation of the classic fairy-tale about a monstrous prince and a young woman who fall in love. (imdb)

Additional Information & Actions

More information at IMDb

Invalid Trailer
If you'd like, provide a new one!

RatingsRatings
FindFind
CollectionsCollections
StatsStats
loading Loading Products from Ebay
Beauty and the Beast belongs to 5 collections
1. Remake (public: moderated by td888 - 6 stars)
2. Worldwide box office over $500,000,000 (public: moderated by djross - 2 stars)
3. Worldwide box office top 100 (public: moderated by djross - 1 star)
4. Live-Action Disney Adaptations (public: moderated by Boxcars - 1 star)
5. Gay Agenda (public: moderated by Ag0stoMesmer)

Browse the full list of collections
Show:
All Rankings | With Reviews
Order by:
TCI | Tier | Date Ranked | # Stars (Reviews)
Date User Score
Mar 28 Matt92
75T2
Mar 28 JXZMv2
88T7
Mar 28 flipzo flipzo
67T2
I will talk about the Italian version. The original 1991 movie was absolutely awesome. But this... This is a painful adaptation, the songs don't match the original and this made everyone to scratch his head. The new Italian lyrics portrait Belle as a selfish snob rather than a naive dreamer. Despite my love belongs to Emma Watson, she did a great play, I can't but think that Belle is the cartoon version of Emily Ratayowski, that couldn't play the role because, you know, "reasons".
Mar 28 TrueAgus TrueAgus
78T6
Mar 28 birdhunter
90T6
Mar 28 Junkie Junkie
4T2
Mar 28 gogolit gogolit
4T7
Very good. The criticisms are just overwrought, this is the live action version of the 1991 animation, and as that it does an accurate and entertaining job. It also looks GREAT.
Mar 28 FrederikA FrederikA
65T7
I still struggle to find anything resembling proper artistic justification for Disney's Live-action overhaul of their entire back-catalogue, but ignoring that, this updated version works well enough, and I especially enjoyed the decisively un-Disney character design of the various (in)animated objects.
Mar 27 BriRam
Mar 27 tinythedogg tinythedogg
80T9
Mar 27 CStewart64
12T7
W4E1P1S1V1M2A1R1. Almost gave it a zero on acting, but Dan Stevens surprised and saved the day. Also considered a zero on visuals because the beast was so poorly executed, when we've come to expect so much from CGI. But the rest of the film was beautiful. Totally unimpressed by the flabby "expansion" of the story, but the core is still solid.
Mar 26 andyglover
Mar 26 edaataseven
80T3
Mar 26 feyza feyza
75T8
Mar 26 Langelund Langelund (CinemaZone.dk)
60T5
Mar 25 Rudolph101
73T3
Mar 25 Jurispathic Judge Holden
4T6
Let's get a couple things straight. One, this movie isn't nearly gay enough to warrant the kind of homophobic backlash it's getting. Two, Dan Stevens is adorable. Three, I'm very angry my girlfriend for dragging me to this. Finally, ...ikindoflikethesongssoshuddup
Mar 25 Ascalon Ascalon
Mar 25 Roshambo Roshambo
40T2
Mar 25 MentalCritic MentalCritic
58T4
Mar 25 FoxyRussian FoxyRussian ()
92T9
Well the reviews seem diverse, I think this movie really nailed most parts. The extra exposition really added on the original and fixed a few logical flaws from the original. It seems less Stockholm Syndrome than the original. The singing is great, the musical numbers are fun (NEVERMORE IS AN AMAZING SONG), and, as always, the talking furniture steal the movie. A few times, the script kind of poorly conveys a few topics, but luckily the poor conveyance doesn't last for to long.
Mar 24 BeeDub BeeDub
75T3
A dull, plodding, garish do-over of the 1991 classic. Every single aspect of this remake feels rote, mechanical, and uninspired; it's like listening to a cover band that has no understanding of what made the original band fresh and exciting. Utterly unnecessary.
Mar 24 punk_dfc
72T6
Mar 24 hxo9lv
Mar 23 BillyShears BillyShears
70T6
Weird inappropriate subplot where the chamber pot keeps sabotaging the plan.
Mar 23 CinematicESP CinematicESP
Mar 23 crtsjffrsn
90T9
Mar 23 lenac lena_c
3T5
Not blown away ┬┤cause it's impossible to live up to a classic like that, but there's no reason for me not to recommend it. I think they did a good job and stayed true to the original story and the characters. *Recommendable
Mar 23 pmpfe pmpfe
Mar 22 RobJa
76T7
Mar 22 torbern
60T3
Unnecessary, but functional... and, I'll concede - at certain very specific points - completely magical. The cinematography and live production design are crazy good. The CGI character design, and added songs... not so much. Luke Evans as Gaston is a DELIGHT; Ewan McGregor's Lumiere is the film's biggest disappointment. (There's also the whole 'girl is held against her will and essentially forced to "fall in love"' issue. Grown-up me can't quite feel the Disney magic in that particular conceit.)
Mar 22 mkellins
30T2
Another unnecessary remake of a Disney movie. All the extra backstory and new songs feel forced and uninspired. I would have loved to see a new take on the story, but sadly they settled for copying the old film. Don't waste your time on this.
Mar 22 Flo2233 Flo2233
84T7
Mar 22 Manuela Manuela
95T10
Mar 22 DAND Leonardis
87T7
I found this to be a really solid remake of an already endearing classic. My only complaint I have about this was that it felt slightly rushed, at least for me. I'm sure that won't be a problem for anybody else. The visual effects are amazing, the choreography and music was done very well, and the whole movie really is envisioned well. I also liked the additional characters and character development. All of the actors were great in this too. This isn't up there with the original, but it's good!
Mar 22 dead_man dead man
50T1
Mar 21 ofwgkta
Mar 21 Bown Bown
73T4
Got a lot better after the dreadful first act. I'm not a fan of the uber-ornate visual style - feel it just makes everything look fake really - but the music, comedy, and performances are all killer. Watson is fairly good, but outshone by most everyone else, especially Stevens, Evans, and McGregor. Romance and drama isn't as solid, but I appreciated the effort with extra development. Exceeded my expectations by a fair bit. Obv not a patch on the original tho
Mar 21 roonay3k roonay3k
71T8
I absolutely hate musicals, but there was a lot of humor in the musical scenes which perhaps made this movie better. I do not enjoy childrens movies but I think this is a very good movie to watch with your kids. so for that reason i rate it higher.
Mar 21 Invi Invi
90T10
Mar 21 TimeCapsule TimeCapsule
81T6
This live-action remake of a Disney animated classic is a mixed bag. The movie is at times a shot for shot recreation, but however did attempt to add a few new things. Strangely this film has parallels with Peter Jackson's "King Kong"(2005) remake. Here Disney used a few new songs along side some extra character development and some upgraded exposition to enrich the story. However like the Kong remake the additional scenes as well as the reliance on CGI detracts something from the original magic
Mar 21 screenful
Mar 20 imferreira
85T9
Mar 20 Murderface Space Pope
70T6
It was a really well made, if unnecessary, remake of what may be the most beloved animated film of all time. I've never been particularly enthralled by the Disney magic, so it wasn't anything special to me beyond being a decent romantic musical. But my wife, who holds the original very dear to her heart, absolutely adored it. If nothing else, that's worth something to me.
Mar 20 mucow mucow
Mar 19 tenant tenant
Mar 19 lovleigh lovleigh
Mar 19 ddrudges d_drudges
30T4
Yes do keep living with the violent asshole, he'll turn into a prince any day now. The new content is mindless filler and the few good songs of the original have been mangled. The directing mostly relies on just the lyrics, delivered by lost and confused people, to carry the movie. Shouldn't have been made.
Mar 19 cncnmovies cncnmovies
68T4
Mar 19 LRPmEs
82T7
Mar 19 cagedwisdom cagedwisdom
75T7
The Beauty and the Beast story has never really been done completely right. The setting is what really makes both this and the original, with great atmosphere, characters and music. But there's something about the character development that just isn't right. Anyway, the best live action Disney adaptation so far maybe.
Mar 19 howler19 howler19
66T7
Mar 19 drsword drsword
80T7
Mar 19 Ofterdingen
53T4
A tragic case of Stockholm syndrome.
Mar 19 bitz2008 bitz_2008
72T5
Mar 19 boomdiddly boomdiddly
50T4
Mar 19 thaklos thaklos
73T4
This is an odd film, but the music from the original, coupled with decent performances from the cast, make it enjoyable, despite the its many superfluous extensions. Josh Gad's LeFou deserves particular attention for pairing so deliciously well with Luke Evans' Gaston, my personal favourite from the original, granted even more foppishness by the Gad's bombastic take on LeFou.
Mar 19 bestauntie
82T6
Mar 19 CesarCastag
74T6
Mar 18 gyrro7
6T3
the songs felt like soulless karaoke. very little emotion coming across in the delivery of the lyrics. you could definitely feel howard ashman's absence from this project.
Mar 18 Corbad Corbad
65T4
An extraordinarily weak story is a foundation upon which no lovely visuals, tiny (tiny) feminist influences, catchy music, and capable performances can sit comfortably. The film may be a nearly perfect live-action recreation of a beloved classic, but in its model lies the horrible flaws and in its recreation lies an enormous missed opportunity.
Mar 18 Deltze12
Mar 18 clayj41 clayj41
82T9
Mar 18 Beer94 Beer94
68T7
Some of the extra exposition and musical numbers are a bit pointless and don't really amount to much and it can become slightly overproduced with jarring CGI on occasion too. It's a very competent adaptation overall though and I admire that they've edited the script/songs to fill in a few plotholes from the animated version. I might be slightly swayed by my nostalgia here, but yeah I quite liked it overall.
Mar 18 jeffv jeff_v
Mar 18 mecheng mecheng
68T5
Mar 18 Filligan Filligan
71T3
Some added material fills in the gaps for character backstory, and that's about all that this does better than the original classic. Ironically, this live action version tends to forget the humanity of its characters more than the animated counterparts. Top marks to Stevens, Kline, Evans, and Gad, and most of the cast is serviceable, but there's not enough charisma and charm -- it's enjoyable but just not memorable. It feels like what it is: a cash grab.
Mar 18 Matthew_Parkinson Matthew Parkinson (The Escapist)
30T2
The new Beauty and the Beast is a remake that serves very little purpose except to give everyone a hit of nostalgia and remind us all how great the 1991 version is. In an unforgivable 129 minutes, this movie gives us weak characters, an uninteresting plot, and it can't even produce much of a spectacle when it comes to the musical numbers. It doesn't do anything better than animated version, also does several things far worse, and it doesn't change enough to justify its existence. What a waste. [Full Review]
Mar 18 Mr.Pupkin
Mar 17 ozerdur ozerdur
7T7
Mar 17 ADragon91 ADragon91
45T2
I don't know about you guys, but I was left thinking "What was the bloody point?" and came out feeling underwhelmed as everything felt weaker compared to the 1991 original. Emma Watson is not very good, and they didn't change it enough to make it stand out like The Jungle Book or Pete's Dragon remake.
Mar 17 mg7film mg7film
40T5
Mar 17 caga caga
Mar 17 maddog maddog
78T6
Very uneven in its approach. At times it is visually resplendent, sometimes it has painful CGI rendition. Added exposition feels organic, but then ends up not in later scenes. The mob scene feels very disjointed with the rest of the story. Actors are in the element and out. Emma Watson shines as a worthy Belle, Ewan Macgregor charms as Lumiere, Josh Gad great as Lefou. Ian McKellen, a less enjoyable 'wooden' Cogsworth. Gaston and Maurice's character tweaks are less enjoyable. Original is better.
Mar 17 Aira Aira
80T8
Mar 17 andr
36T3
Mar 17 bentien
53T4
Lavish production that sometimes copies the original animated film 1:1 with bravour, and other times makes fine adjustments to explain some of the plot holes. However, the worst part is the new (and superfluous) songs, the long running time and - not least - the feeling that this film is by no means really necessary.
Mar 17 filmcricket
Mar 17 Malcym
4T2
Mar 17 bowfinger bowfinger
40T4
Another classic made instantly forgettable in the live-action world. Thanks, Disney!
Mar 17 MetaCritic2 MetaCritic2
Mar 17 EricDSnider2 EricDSnider2
75T3
Mar 17 VengefulKBM VengefulKBM
60T4
Not bad. Unfortunately Emma Watson's (heavily autotuned) singing voice was probably the movie's biggest flaw - they should have brought in a better singer to dub her songs, at least. Most of the rest of the cast were strong, though; Luke Evans and Josh Gad in particular steal the show whenever they're on screen. It's definitely one of the better Disney live-action "reimaginings" of recent years. And frankly, most of the musical numbers that *don't* involve Emma singing were very, very well done.
Mar 17 wokhedinn wokhedinn
50T5
Here's what I don't get about movies like this: the template is already written for you with a great movie that everyone liked, and then you add a bunch of crap that doesn't need to be added and you barely use any of the stuff that worked. Bill Condon definitely blew it here.
Mar 16 Tizzy Tizzy